#587 costeau

costeau

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Finn
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

So just to clarify, I need a DPDT switch, and not a DPST, right?

#588 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

So just to clarify, I need a DPDT switch, and not a DPST, right?

That's correct

#589 costeau

costeau

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

That's correct

Thanks.
At first, I was wondering if I needed one with a third state (the involved wires completely disconnected) as well,
or if it was enough with just two states, but found out the former of the two was what I needed by reading this thread a bit more thoroughly.

#590 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

My switch does have off position , not that it makes any difference

#591 costeau

costeau

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ah. Ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Either way, me ELM is now soldered and sorted. :-)

I'll install Windows on a partition on my Mac tonight, and try it out on my Mondeo tomorrow.
As it's a Mk4, introduced around the same time as the Focus Mk2.5, my gut feeling says there's a good chance I'm in for much of the same fun you lot have got with the software.

#592 RB2004

RB2004

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Ronald J
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2008 Titanium with Sport Pack

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Probably won't work on mondeo,mondeo uses central car configuration system, like newest current focus.

Mk2 and mk2.5 focus doesn't use central car configuration.

Central car configuration is different... It involves IDS uploading a boot loader to the car before being able to make configuration changes.

#593 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Yesterday i discovered that there has been released a new version of ELMconfig. The newest version is ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b.

This version has the ability to update the firmware of the instrument cluster to the newest firmware (0509). The firmware update is only suitable for the Focus MK2.5 instrument cluster (and the C-max and Kuga clusters with the same design) . This update contains some new options like the Ford ECO mode which was missing in previous firmware versions.

Today i have tried this new function on a spare instrument cluster which is (on the kitchen table) connected to a modified ELM327 and a 12 volt power source. The first time i tried the update it wasn't working correctly. The progam came with a fault code and exited the procedure. I discovered the solution for this was to disconnect the internet connection. After i had done this the procedure worked correctly. It took 25 minutes to update the firmware

#594 mrmetallica

mrmetallica

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: focus titanium 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yesterday i discovered that there has been released a new version of ELMconfig. The newest version is ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b.

This version has the ability to update the firmware of the instrument cluster to the newest firmware (0509). The firmware update is only suitable for the Focus MK2.5 instrument cluster (and the C-max and Kuga clusters with the same design) . This update contains some new options like the Ford ECO mode which was missing in previous firmware versions.

Today i have tried this new function on a spare instrument cluster which is (on the kitchen table) connected to a modified ELM327 and a 12 volt power source. The first time i tried the update it wasn't working correctly. The progam came with a fault code and exited the procedure. I discovered the solution for this was to disconnect the internet connection. After i had done this the procedure worked correctly. It took 25 minutes to update the firmware

where can the new ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b. be got from ? also how do you connect to a instrument cluster on the table

#595 madix_87

madix_87

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: madix
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 facelift 1.4

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Does anybody knows how the eco shift up indicator works? I belive it works only on econetic cars. Mine blinks only at the 6500rpm. I don't realy belive that ford intended that by providing the HEC module with ecomode ;)

#596 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

where can the new ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b. be got from ? also how do you connect to a instrument cluster on the table

You can download new version of ELMconfig from HERE.

For connecting a instrument cluster on the kitchen table like i do you have to connect the 12 volt positive and negative wires from a 12 volt DC source to the correct pins of both the ELM327 and the instrument cluster. You must also connect the HS-CAN wires between the ELM327 and the correct pins of the instrument cluster. I have made a set of adapter cables from scrap car connectors. With thes cables i can connect several modules (instrument cluster, radio, etcetera).

For connecting the instrument cluster you have to connect the following pins.

Pin 4 = 12 volt positive
Pin 6 = 12 volt negative
Pin 17 = HS-CAN negative
Pin 18 = HS-CAN positive

#597 liam-20

liam-20

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Name: liam
  • Ford Model: focus st3

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

so is there any real differences when you up-dated the instrument cluster

#598 nicolas46

nicolas46

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Does PATS need to resetting ? as i know, the PATS also on cluster.....if you update the rom then the PATS setting will disapear or erasing....? Thanks.......

#599 boylin

boylin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford KA
Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1586.l2649

would this activate cruise control on my st3? saves me building one?

#600 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Updating to Rom 509 should give the full shift light working at 2000rpm. I can't test this now as i no longer have a mk2.5.
it would be interesting to know if it did change the Pats , but i'm sure if it created any problems then civil-ZZ would not have included the option and i'm sure he would have tested it.
But sounds a great update by civil-zz to an already incredible program.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users