Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hi Bjoras. What programs did you use for PATS? Any links. Thanks

I think you should be fine, as long as you are using a modern PC and have a recommended part (most of the guys here who modded their own have linked to which they used).

As long as you dont use an old and cacky laptop, you should be alright!

Hi Bjoras. What programs did you use for PATS? Any links. Thanks

You get an old version of FoCom (1.0.7575) delivered with an OBD device, which I don't think is based on the elm-chip.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-and-best-price-for-Ford-VCM-OBD-code-scanner/520147838.html

The software works quite well for my car, which is a 2010 model. It detects the most important ECU's, but not as many as ELMConfig. There are some actuator tests which I've tried, but I have only tested the PATS functions of the advanced part of the software. So far the unit works as claimed by the seller.

You'll need in-codes to get access to the PATS-system. These you can buy at http://www.patscode.com/en/index. I think you can get 10 keys for a reasonable price, but If you make to many errors and you need more codes, you'll have to pay a lot of money to log into the car you actually own. In the long run, if you need to log in again, it will be cheaper to buy a so called password calculator. I bought this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ford-Outcode-Incode-Calculator-SW-Dongle-2000-Tokens-Free-Shipping-by-DHL/512017798.html. Seems to work quite well. You'll get an usb dongle which contains 2000 tokens (in-codes). The calculator software doesn't work without it. Every time you use an in-code, the number of tokens in the dongle will decrease by one.

You'll find manuals at http://www.obdtester.com/downloads, but keep in mind that those are for the current versions of FoCom.

Don't expect this cheap chinese copy of the real FoCom product to be bug-free. Also, there's no support. You're on your own if something bad happens!

The flip-key I bought from http://stores.ebay.com/pandkeys/. A local auto locksmith didn't have this key, but he had the equipment to copy my old key to the fresh blade of the new one. He also had the equipment to clone the transponder in the key, but then I think you'll need an empty transponder. The blade was a little bit too thick, but the locksmith managed to fix it. You can get the job done for a small amount of money, if you find the right guy. Follow your cars manual to program the remote keyless entry functions! Use FoCom to register the (not empty) transponder chip into PATS!

You pay for the key, FoCom device, the locksmith and the in-code calculator. You get some fun tools :P and a working key for a price much lower then an original key at a Ford dealer.

Hope this helps you out :) Stephen!

I think you should be fine, as long as you are using a modern PC and have a recommended part (most of the guys here who modded their own have linked to which they used).

As long as you dont use an old and cacky laptop, you should be alright!

I guess you're right :huh: It's too exciting to do things like that on your own :P, but I know I will be sweating :unsure: I'll look after one of those links.

Thanks James!

Hello again guys!

I'm having a problem with my ELM327 and I cannot manage to find out why.

I posted on the russian forum, but no answer yet:

http://ffclub.ru/topic/302511/go_post/15014740/

Can you help me?

Could I need a hard reset of the ELM? All other programs are working fine, only ELMConfig is not working.

Thank you.

Also, few months ago, when I tried to enable the alarm, it said on the screen "open hood" or something like that. The car it's a Titanium. I checked the wiring, I have wires to the front hood lock, is it possible to have the wires going to the lock but the lock not to have pins inside? Can I check this without taking out from the car de lock?

PS: on civil's ftp there is a incode-outcode calculator, in the folder called "New Folder", maybe it is a free program for this. Anyone knows something about this? Too bad that he didn't made possible to program key's with ELMConfig.

Also, few months ago, when I tried to enable the alarm, it said on the screen "open hood" or something like that. The car it's a Titanium. I checked the wiring, I have wires to the front hood lock, is it possible to have the wires going to the lock but the lock not to have pins inside? Can I check this without taking out from the car de lock?

look here: http://forum.fordclubpolska.org/showpost.php?p=2089417&postcount=6 there are pictures how to add additional wire to hood lock

(pictures are taken from tutorial from http://www.ford-focus.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=23826&sid=7bbc2b214a08b2df392f6f52670869e8

• Like 1

Thats a no then :-( foci mk3 been out since 2011 :-(

Jamie

Just ordered my cable off dezwez to arrive all done and soldered ready for use as i don't have the equipent to solder it myself so don't mind paying an extra few quid for someones time and effort.

Currently on page 25 of this thread but am i right in saying once i have checked the AS BUILT program it will tell me what my car has and doesn't have?? After this i am able to download the software and begin to tweak things?

look here: http://forum.fordclubpolska.org/showpost.php?p=2089417&postcount=6 there are pictures how to add additional wire to hood lock

(pictures are taken from tutorial from http://www.ford-focus.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=23826&sid=7bbc2b214a08b2df392f6f52670869e8

so, there is this possibility to have wires but no pin inside.

thank you for the link, I will use it when I get my ELMConfig working again...I keep getting "Error reading COM device". ForScan or other software works with my ELM327, even ELMConfig worked before..

Just ordered my cable off dezwez to arrive all done and soldered ready for use as i don't have the equipent to solder it myself so don't mind paying an extra few quid for someones time and effort.

Currently on page 25 of this thread but am i right in saying once i have checked the AS BUILT program it will tell me what my car has and doesn't have?? After this i am able to download the software and begin to tweak things?

in ELMConfig you just read module and you will have thicked all your default car configuration. After that you can make modification as you like, depending on what your car support. AS BUILT is needed when you have problems and you want to go back to default configuration and you don't know it. As an advice, be sure to save each page from ELMConfig read from the car on your laptop prior doing any modification.

PS: on civil's ftp there is a incode-outcode calculator, in the folder called "New Folder", maybe it is a free program for this. Anyone knows something about this? Too bad that he didn't made possible to program key's with ELMConfig.

I cannot find that folder at his site. Anyway, if the program is named "FordIncodeCalculator.exe", I guess it's just a copy of the calculator I mentioned above. It's easy to find this program on Internet, but it wouldn't work without the dongle. I suggest you buy the calculator and a FoCom device.

It wouldn't help that much, if Civil included the PATS module. Still you need the in-code to log in to the module.

I will use it when I get my ELMConfig working again...I keep getting "Error reading COM device". ForScan or other software works with my ELM327, even ELMConfig worked before.

Then I would guess the hardware is ok. What about your COM-port settings in ELMConfig? What about the RuntimePack? Have you changed any settings recently? You could eventually test it on another computer.

Thanks for that looking forward to getting started

you can down load the software now from that link I sent you

you can view it in off line mode

you can down load the software now from that link I sent youyou can view it in off line mode

Can't seem to find the link mate, is it my email to sent it to or via pm?

hers the link
http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/

go to this site and download elmconfig zip to you desktop

when there unzip it to a new folder on your desktop

copy both files in the download to this folder you need both to make it work

when it starts you can view in off line mode

Yes, I can confirm it's down. It was working a couple of hours ago.

The Adaptive/ECO/Sport setting are for automatic transmission only. This setting influences the shifting behaviour of the automatic gearbox. It has also effect on the response of the throttle pedal. (the throttle pedal is directly connected to the instrument cluster which converts the signal to CANbus).

This setting can also be applied on vehicles with manual transmission. If you change the setting to Sport the throttle response will be a little bit better (more direct). On my 1.6 100 HP engine it has a positive effect.

You said that setting auto transmission settings to Sport for car with

manual transmission change something? Other users can confirm this?

Good evening guys!

After my cruise control works, I wonder if I can start a manually initiated cleaning my diesel particulate filter with elmconfig?!

Some idea?

regards

@ Memorex : you can do that with ForScan last version with ELM327.

Then I would guess the hardware is ok. What about your COM-port settings in ELMConfig? What about the RuntimePack? Have you changed any settings recently? You could eventually test it on another computer.

Civil-zz said that it could be a driver problem...altough I used the same driver like before. Problems started after Windows 7 64 bit reinstall, before it worked. Without runtimepack it wouldn't start, it is there. COM port was COM3, now I changed to COM2, same behaviour.

I think I need another driver or another laptop...but this one had a very good battery.

Got my cable off Dezwez so just need the software link to work now

Civil-zz said that it could be a driver problem...altough I used the same driver like before. Problems started after Windows 7 64 bit reinstall, before it worked. Without runtimepack it wouldn't start, it is there. COM port was COM3, now I changed to COM2, same behaviour.

I think I need another driver or another laptop...but this one had a very good battery.

Sorry to hear that! I think you'll need some time troubleshooting this problem. There are so many possibilities. You've to eliminate them one by one.

• Be absolute sure you've chosen the correct COM-port, the virtual ones associated with the elm-box! When you pull out the usb cable (or switch off the bluetooth radio), those ports should disappear.
  • Google "elmconfig win7 64 bits" for other persons having the same problem!
  • Verify that the hardware is OK by installing elmconfig on your other machine!
  • Remove both ELMConfig, RuntimePack and drivers you might have, and reboot you computer! Then reinstall!
  • As you said yourself, look for other drivers for the virtual COM-port! Then you'll need to know which COM-port chip you have inside the elm-box! Perhaps you can look up this in Device Manager (under properties for the COM-port), if you manage to get it working on your other computer. You can also connect it to a Linux computer. Then read the bottom of /var/log/messages! There you'll find some text describing the COM-port hardware. Otherwise, the best is to open the elm-box. It's important to be sure you get the correct drivers!
  • If it still doesn't work, remove the software and drivers again! Reboot, then search for traces of software and drivers in the Registry! Delete these entries! You should probably take a backup of the Registry first! This is not an easy task and requires some experience with Windows. Then reinstall drivers and software!

This is not a complete list of possibilities. Just the ones I can think of. I hope you sort out your problems :)

• Like 1