RB2004

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: Ronald J
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2008 Titanium with Sport Pack
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

are there any plans to add any actuator tests to this software? I have a bit of air I think in my ABS module, and it would be really great if it was possible to cycle it to bleed the air out. Also is there any software like this for the MK3 Mondeo? Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1127 RB2004

RB2004

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: Ronald J
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2008 Titanium with Sport Pack

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Also, what happened to Psyence? His FDS program was coming along well, but he just stopped, and went silent. seems to have just "vanished" hope hes well.

#1128 BPDK

BPDK

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Does this software/cable work with a Mondeo 2012 model (Mk4?)?

Best regards,
Brian

#1129 Hell5200

Hell5200

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Econetic Estate

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Just modified my cable went to send the request to set it up with elmconfig but got response - "correct response from ELM timed. Received response to request "AT WS"". Took it apart and I had a bad solder so resoldered it and all working ok.

#1130 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Does this software/cable work with a Mondeo 2012 model (Mk4?)?

Best regards,
Brian

Brian it does show this as mk 4 , but at the moment it's not fully translated into English , so you will have some translating to do

Just modified my cable went to send the request to set it up with elmconfig but got response - "correct response from ELM timed. Received response to request "AT WS"". Took it apart and I had a bad solder so resoldered it and all working ok.

Good work at least you solved the problem quickly

#1131 Hell5200

Hell5200

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Econetic Estate

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just enabled auto locking on my car with my cable didn't have a switch so just twisted the wires together, is there a way to make the indicator flash for longer when you just tap it? Thanks

#1132 021C

021C

6'7" Focus Driver

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: Stu
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Titanium

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Update: Driving to work this morning I heard the familiar sound of the information alter 'bing'. The messaged displayed was ' Check Tyre Pressure'

Great :) I had enabled this weeks ago and had expected something to happen sooner. I was starting to think it wasn't working.

I'll check my tyres tonight and see how many PSI's I've lost in order to generate the warning.

Update of update: So on checking they were down around 10 PSI - admittedly I haven't checked them for a while in the hope the sensor would pick up the air loss and the error message would be displayed. Just goes to prove it does work by enabling using this guide.

My wheels are 18's which I run at 33 PSI

Stu

#1133 Menzy

Menzy

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 2.0 TDCI

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi guys!

I own a ff mk2 2.0 TDCI 05'. I have been using this software and it's great but i have a little problem. When I want to change delays (for autolock, courtesy light, etc...) i keep getting an error.

Posted Image
Any ideas?

Tnx, Menzy

#1134 Daz-ST

Daz-ST

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST 225

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Anyone know if there is a setting to acivate the headlamp washers by any chance.

#1135 mayak

mayak

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name: Marcin
  • Ford Model: Focus mk 2
  • Year: 2007

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

yes, it's in GEM

#1136 Smithy111

Smithy111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: MK2

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'd like to have a play around with modding my own IC. Does anyone know where I can get the source for ELMConfig or alternatively where I can get a copy of either firmware versions?

Thanks for all the help this thread has been awesome.

#1137 vibeone

vibeone

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 175 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Well this is all clearly bonkers, but something I'd love to try.

I have a mk2.5 focus titanium. Do I have the hardware to use this software to enable:

1) auto door lock
2) auto heated screen on low temp
3) tyre pressure monitoring

Also, on doing a gauge test, I can see I have a up arrow but no down arrow. Is this Eco mode/gear advice? If so, does it work on the 2008 onwards titanium a?

Apologies if it sheen asked - I'm only on page 10 of 76 and got overexcited!

#1138 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Well this is all clearly bonkers, but something I'd love to try.

I have a mk2.5 focus titanium. Do I have the hardware to use this software to enable:

1) auto door lock
2) auto heated screen on low temp
3) tyre pressure monitoring

Also, on doing a gauge test, I can see I have a up arrow but no down arrow. Is this Eco mode/gear advice? If so, does it work on the 2008 onwards titanium a?

Apologies if it sheen asked - I'm only on page 10 of 76 and got overexcited!

Yes this should work fine on your car
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) some times this works , but some reports that it has not worked

There is only an "up" arrow for gear shift Eco , but your Firmware for the clocks must also be updated to version 509

#1139 ovideatza

ovideatza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Ovidiu
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hy guys. I'm not from Uk, so please forgive my english.
In my country we have a FordClub, with upgrades and tehnical stuff, but this topic is really interesting. I want to thank you all for your effort.

After reading all this pages, i bought an elm327, cheap one. After half a day work, I managed to install on Win7 64bit. It now connect to my car when using some programs included in the box. But when i try to connect using ELMConfig, latest version from Civill, I get this error:
Posted Image

Any ideea? have allready changed port speed, between 9.600 and 38.400, no chance. Also, i used comm 3, comm 2, comm 31...the same error. When I use ELM-FF2, when i press the button translated to "Read car info", I get a popp-up (i only understandt HCAN there) after that nothing...in the black screen something that I don't underdstand, and no chance to thick something on/off, everything remains faded..

#1140 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hy guys. I'm not from Uk, so please forgive my english.
In my country we have a FordClub, with upgrades and tehnical stuff, but this topic is really interesting. I want to thank you all for your effort.

After reading all this pages, i bought an elm327, cheap one. After half a day word, I managed to install on Win7 64bit. It now connect to my car when using some programs included in the box. But when i try to connect using ELMConfig, latest version from Civill, I get this error:
Posted Image

Any ideea? have allready changed port speed, between 9.600 and 38.400, no chance. Also, i used comm 3, comm 2, comm 31...the same error. When I use ELM-FF2, when i press the button translated to "Read car info", I get a popp-up (i only understandt HCAN there) after that nothing...in the black screen something that I don't underdstand, and no chance to thick something on/off, everything remains faded..

This does look like a Comm port problem , Comm port has to be below 10 , maybe comm 3 and 2 are causing conflicts , an un-modified cable will only read from HEC

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users