1992 replies to this topic

#1171 Rayan2002

Rayan2002

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: S-max

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

just got it to work.dont forget to run as admin

Thank you so much for reply I tried run as admin but not work seems to be windows 8 problem I will try it on other machine thanks again

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1172 Rayan2002

Rayan2002

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: S-max

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thank you so much for reply I tried run as admin but not work seems to be windows 8 problem I will try it on other machine thanks again

AS I expected It works now on other PC

thanks

#1173 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

So if I want to add an RS cluster to my regular petrol 2.0 MK2.5 Ill have to find a dealer willing to help? Uh-oh, thats not good :(

For PATS programming going to a Ford dealership is one possibility. The problem can be  they will ask big money for programming actions.

The second possibility is to buy a suitable interface/software and perform the PATS programming by yourself.

Because of the high labour costs for programming at the Ford dealership (in Holland) I have bought a FoCom interface and have done all of the PATS programming myself.

If you want more info just send me a private message.

#1174 nuno8210

nuno8210

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

NEW WERSION OF ELMCONFIG: http://ffclub.ru/top..._post/13677998/

!!!! english interface for working with central configuration (CD34x platform) !!!!

download: http://civil.iffc.ru...g/ELMConfig.zip

Is it just me or the only thing translated to English is the Body Control Modulo (BCM)?

I can only see Information and Procedures inside BCM... How can you configure anything without the Configuration tab?

#1175 haralabosg

haralabosg

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: FORD C-MAX 1.6 Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2007

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

For PATS programming going to a Ford dealership is one possibility. The problem can be  they will ask big money for programming actions.
The second possibility is to buy a suitable interface/software and perform the PATS programming by yourself.

Because of the high labour costs for programming at the Ford dealership (in Holland) I have bought a FoCom interface and have done all of the PATS programming myself.

If you want more info just send me a private message.

For the same reasons (too expensive) I am thinking also to buy the FoCOM VCM for register myself the keys.Can you send to me also more info ?

#1176 OrlandoOrtiz

OrlandoOrtiz

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus GLX 2.0 AT 2009/2009

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I am definetly interested in reading more about this.

Also, can anyone recommend me a place or a person to buy a modified ELM cable from? I'm trying an eBay UK member, but he simply won't answer to my eBay questions.

I live in Brazil, and I'd like to buy a cable already premodified and tested.

#1177 DazzaRS

DazzaRS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: daryl
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2014

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

hello been reading this read for a long time but i have only one reason why i would use it and thats for heated seats

i have the switches installed and ford heated pads fitted but now heat, been told its a gem module thing

could this software change the setting

#1178 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,061 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

There is nothing inside this software to add the function of the heated seat setting , you may have to go to a dealer , i'm assuming you have the relay fitted and wired to the correct  fuses

#1179 DazzaRS

DazzaRS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

There is nothing inside this software to add the function of the heated seat setting , you may have to go to a dealer , i'm assuming you have the relay fitted and wired to the correct  fuses

what relay?

i have plugged in the oem heated switches and fitted the oe heated elements, fuse was already in but no heat was generated

#1180 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,061 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I thought there was a relay for each side somewhere in the circuit , perhaps thats part of the OEM heated seat and not in the fuse box.

#1181 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Seat heating modules are mounted under the seats. These modules convert the resistance signal of the switches (every position of the switch has another resistance) to the right voltage that is applied to the connected heating elements.

It is possible the GEM module/Fuse box does not support heated seats. Some GEM modules have missing contact pins or wiring. In this case you have to put another GEM module in the car to get it working.

As far as I know there are two fuses for heated seats. One fuse is used for the power supply of the switches. The other fuse is used for the power supply of the seat heating modules. 

#1182 mrmetallica

mrmetallica

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: focus titanium 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

what relay?

i have plugged in the oem heated switches and fitted the oe heated elements, fuse was already in but no heat was generated

you probably have same problem as me no wiring under the seat.ive put recaros in but wires just not there still looking into it

#1183 DazzaRS

DazzaRS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

you probably have same problem as me no wiring under the seat.ive put recaros in but wires just not there still looking into it

the wires are there i tripped the fuse on purpose to check if its connect to the fuse box/ gem module.

fuse no 121 blew ( thats the heated seats fuse)

#1184 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,061 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Switch Pin 5 should go to C112 connector , check from wire of pin5 to in/out of the  connector  , this may be where the broken link is.

C112 is located N/S front lower footwell behind lower door trim panel.

you are looking for pin 5 left and right to either pin 17 or 23 of C112. If you trace the wire to those pins , then check the other side of the connector , if the wiring going out from those pins are missing then that could be the missing wire from the GEM input.

Reading through the wiring diagram though , i can't see a wiring link to the GEM

#1185 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,061 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Location of C112 connector

C112 is the bottom connector in the picture , also this picture is from a LHD , so for RHD it will be near Side passenger footwell

c112.png

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users