#1366 corksta

corksta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: c
  • Ford Model: C Max
  • Year: 2008

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just want to thank you guys for all this information. I finally have auto locking on my C Max which I've wanted since I got the car.

Had a little play around and switched off the rear wiper feature and switched on eco mode. Had a mare when I updated the HEC to 0509 as during the process I got an error, the dash went blank and couldn't start the car. Took me another six attempts before the update would fully complete, I was sweating buckets!

Anyways, thanks again everyone.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1367 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi, I have tried to read the PCM again using eml config .2.8.c.Still no change from my previous post #1364. In the PCM page I can read the VIN and when I try to read the Info it starts to fill out the boxs until it get to Firmware the it stops and up pops a box 'Runtime error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument'. When I close this box the program shuts down. In ver 0.2.7 it will fill out all of the boxs. The main reason I would like to use 0.2.8c is I belive this is the ver that allows me to reprogram the PCM for cruise control? In all other respects 0.2.8c works as advertised both in H can and M can.

Anyone with any ideas on this glitch as I seem to be the only one with it.

Just out of interest I have recently installed the wash level sensor and wiring back to  the connector in the passenger footwell, activated it in EMLconfig 0.2.7 and it all works.

Thanks in advance.

Dave. :)

#1368 mayak

mayak

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Name: Marcin
  • Ford Model: Focus mk 2
  • Year: 2007

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Dave,

1. what engine do you have? only petrols are supported

2. to read PCM, you need to setup ELM speed to 500000 and delay (in COM port settings) to 1ms

#1369 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hi, Marcin,

Thanks for the quick reply. My Focus is a late 2009 Mk 2.5 1.6 petrol Zetec. I will try the speed change next chance I get. I am using 38400 at present. Must have missed this info in this HUGE topic. I just found it a bit odd that EML config ver 0.2.7b fully works. 

Dave

#1370 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hi,

I have tried all other speeds including 5000000 and the only one which works is 38400. All the others give me the Box "Correct responce from EML timed Recieved responce to request "AT Z". when i close this box I have to restart the program. So no further forward. When I do the speed test when 38400 selected all speed are ok including 500000 apart from the last one, 1000000.

I have tried several more times to get the PMC to fully read and I get either Run time error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument or Run time13 Type Mismatch at the point of reading the firmware. At the same time there is the sound of a some thing running the same as when turning the ignition to position II. If I then click OK on the box the program closes.

Also how do you change the COM delay to 1ms. I have searched but can't find how to do this.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

One other thing, in the PMC Config page is the tick box for "integrated Speed Control" the option to activate cruise control?

Thanks

#1371 skyshaddow

skyshaddow

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.8Tdci

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hi guys,

If I buy an elm327 cable would I be able to send it to one of you guys to make the mod for me. I will reimburse you obviously.

Thanks
Michael

#1372 mayak

mayak

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Name: Marcin
  • Ford Model: Focus mk 2

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi,

I have tried all other speeds including 5000000 and the only one which works is 38400. All the others give me the Box "Correct responce from EML timed Recieved responce to request "AT Z". when i close this box I have to restart the program. So no further forward. When I do the speed test when 38400 selected all speed are ok including 500000 apart from the last one, 1000000.

I have tried several more times to get the PMC to fully read and I get either Run time error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument or Run time13 Type Mismatch at the point of reading the firmware. At the same time there is the sound of a some thing running the same as when turning the ignition to position II. If I then click OK on the box the program closes.

Also how do you change the COM delay to 1ms. I have searched but can't find how to do this.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

One other thing, in the PMC Config page is the tick box for "integrated Speed Control" the option to activate cruise control?

Thanks

Use latest version of ELMConfig, so today it's 0.2.8c (writing PCM of 1.6 engines is supported from 0.2.8)

There is a procedure to change speed of ELM327 - I'll try to describe (I left my adapter at home, so there might be some mistakes)\

-launch ELMConfig

- select right COM port and press 'adapter setup'

- press 'start speed test'

- when speed test will finish, take latest successful speed value and select it in a field below 'set a adapter to constant speed' and press 'set' - you've just changed you ELM327 speed

- no you can proceed as usual: select the same speed next to COM port field and press 'open port'

instruction of cruise-control activation is here:

http://ffclub.ru/topic/302511/go_post/14158739/  -> http://translate.goo..._post/14158739/

Good luck and be careful because you're playing with a brain of your engine!!

#1373 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi, Thanks for this info. The link is good too.<br />I am back on shift in the morning so it will be another week before I can have another look at it.<br />Dave

#1374 Postie123

Postie123

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Stewart

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Long shot I know but is there anyone who could make this up for me? I will be willing to pay for parts and labour.

#1375 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Long shot I know but is there anyone who could make this up for me? I will be willing to pay for parts and labour.

Send me a PM Stewart

#1376 skyshaddow

skyshaddow

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.8Tdci

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi guys,

If I buy an elm327 cable would I be able to send it to one of you guys to make the mod for me. I will reimburse you obviously.

Thanks
Michael

#1377 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks
Michael

Send me a PM I will see if I can help

#1378 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi, I have gone though the proceedure you posted to change the speed of the COM connection to 500000. I still can't get the connection speed to work with anyhing except 38400. These are the results I get.
I open 0.2.8c select COM2, adapter setup, speed test,I get all the way to 500000 OK, 1000000 gets the box "Correct responce from EML timed. Received responce to request AT BRD 04" select OK, box "speed restoring OK current speed 38400". Set speed to 500000 press set, Box for Hard Reset OK, new speed set etc OK. Closes. Reopen EMLconfig 0.2.8c. port COM2 change speed to 500000. Press open port, box with "Correct responce from EML Timed Received responce to request AT Z" close box and EMLconfig shuts down. I have tried several combinations of speeds but the EML will not accept any speed except 38400.
Has anyone got any more suggestions as I just can't get past this point?
I have fitted a Cruise control steering wheel, set the GEM and HEC to Cruise Control, done the beep test on the buttons OK. So all I need now is to set the PCM and to do that I need a speed of 500000.

I now this goes on a bit but I hope there are some ideas out there.
Thank you

#1379 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,013 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I thought 38400 was the right speed? or if I recall correctly, it works fine on my car?

#1380 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi,
Just to recap. I have fitted a 4 spoke wheel with Cruise Control. Using EML config 0.2.8c I configured the GEM and HEC for cruise control. When I open the PCM tab and open the information page press "read" it starts to fill out the box's until it gets to firmware where it stops and box opens'Runtime error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument'. When I close this box the program shuts down. If I bypass the step and go straight to read the PCM Firmware I get the warning I need to have a speed of 500K, which I don't as I can only get the program to open with a speed of 38400. So I am stuck at this point. All my efforts to get the EML to run at anything other than 38400 have failed and I have no idear where to go from here.
Looking for inspiration. Do Need a speed of 500000 or will 38400 work?
Have I missed something simple?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users