• 46 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus RS (The original) & Ford Kuga
  • Year: Non

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Afternoon All,

I am guessing this switch will be ok?

http://www.maplin.co...er-switch-98092

If not, which one of these would I need?

http://www.maplin.co...eria=Centre Off+

Thanks

Ben

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1397 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi Me again.
I have now downloaded EMLconfig 0.2.9. In the hope that I can access my PCM in order to activate cruise control. Failed again. This time it did give me a few pointers. See the attached scren shot. I have tried all of the different rates, no change. Not sure how to change the delay, advice would be appreciated. As for the duff EML327. Could be. I have contacted the supplier, but what a suprise no reply.
Does any one have a EML327 adaptor that works at a rate of up to 500000 mine will only go upto 38400. If so could you let me have the supplier so I can buy one and try again.
Thanks

pcm failure.jpg

#1398 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 14,976 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

go to start and right click my computer, click "manage". Then browse to device manager and then find communication ports. right click and go to properties, then find the advanced properties of the COM port that you are using (or it may appear under USB). Then set the COM port baud rate in there, that might help you, and also disable any settings that relates to power saving on the comm port.

#1399 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

I am having issues, I have taken the ELM apart but the wiring on the back of my OBD connector is different.

http://i71.photobuck...16.jpg~original

http://i71.photobuck...17.jpg~original

Any ideas? We are abit stuck at the moment. The seller did already say this can work with canbus cars?

#1400 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hi,
I have had a look at my Com port settings and have attached screen shots of these. 921600 is my only option above 500000, plenty below. It is almost as if the EML 327 adaptor can't handle a higher speed than 38400 but as you know the PCM needs a baud rate 500000.
I would welcome any help on these settings.
The EML327 adaptor I am using is a modified one and works on both CAM bus's.

Has any one else managed to access the Focus PCM to activate the cruise control using EMLconfig?

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• com port.jpg
  • com port 2.jpg
  • com port 3.jpg

#1401 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

This is where i buy my ELM327 from.

I have just tested two of them (although i have no MK2 to attach to) i can get both of them to sit on 500000 and open up ELMConfig

http://www.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i ran a test on them and both only go as far as 500000 , i did get a couple of error's while playing around , but both start now on 500000

Again i can't test fully

Can you get yours to sit on 500000 and open ELMConfig with out connecting to your car or does it just fail when you connect to your car.

#1402 Cragrat

Cragrat

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi Preee,
I have tried again without connecting to car. The only way I can carry out the speed test is if I set the speed to 38400 in the first screen (next to Com Port) any other higher speed fails.
I carry out speed test and 500000 is ok (screen shot) set adaptor constant speed to 500000. next screen is the hard reset (screen shot) click OK. 'New speed was set reset adaptor to apply settings' (screen shot) I press OK and it all shuts down. I restart the speed is set at 500000 connect to car, ignition on, go to open port and it fails (see screen shot).
I think the adaptor may be the problem but if you can though some more light on this before I use the link you sent me I would be most gratefull.

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• Com Port setup 1.jpg
  • Com Port setup 2.jpg
  • Com Port setup 3.jpg
  • com port setup 4.jpg

#1403 wy852852

wy852852

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus 2.5

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

Have you already tried to remove the positive battery cable for about half an hour?

If removing the battery cable does not solve the problem you can try to remove the instrument cluster from the car, connect it directly to a (12 Volt DC) power source and the ELM327 interface and perform the firmware update again . Sometimes this will solve the problem. 

P5100022.jpg

If performing the update outside the car also does not solve the problem there are only a few possibillities. You can buy and re-program another (either brand new or already used) instrument cluster or take the current (not working) instrument cluster to a specialized company for repair (if possible).

I own an instrument cluster which has similar problems like yours. It came from someone who tried to perform the firmware update and aborted the update before it was finished. Afterwards the screen turns black and nothing seems to work. The guy who did this had to buy and re-program another instrument cluster because he needs his car every day. Until now I have not been able to get it to work again.

hello JW1982

I made inquiries in Europe and Asia are Visteon manufacturing, I used FTDI chips ELM327 USB, the connection speed is 500,000, but not be able to program success HEC 0509rom, where do you think there is a problem? Thank you

up238592-07.19.01.jpg

up238592-07.19.02.jpg

up238592-07.19.04.jpg

up238592-07.19.05.jpg

up238592-07.19.06.jpg

up238592-07.19.07.jpg

up238592-07.19.08.jpg

#1404 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Try setting the speed to 38400 for the HEC upgrade , 500,000 speed is for the PCM upgrade.

The second point is there are many Rom's and your Asia Rom may not be compatible with a European 0509R ! Be Carefull !

#1405 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi Preee,
I have tried again without connecting to car. The only way I can carry out the speed test is if I set the speed to 38400 in the first screen (next to Com Port) any other higher speed fails.
I carry out speed test and 500000 is ok (screen shot) set adaptor constant speed to 500000. next screen is the hard reset (screen shot) click OK. 'New speed was set reset adaptor to apply settings' (screen shot) I press OK and it all shuts down. I restart the speed is set at 500000 connect to car, ignition on, go to open port and it fails (see screen shot).
I think the adaptor may be the problem but if you can though some more light on this before I use the link you sent me I would be most gratefull.

Thank you

I don't know how much further i can get as i can't test it , but i can get ELMCongfig to open once i have set 500,000 , i get the errors only if i change the connection speed to 38400 on ELMConfig IF it's been set to 500,000 before. If i want to go back to 38400 , then i open on 500,000 , run speed test then write 38400 to the elm327 , once it restarts i then open at 38400 and visa versa.

#1406 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Has anyone come across an ELM wired differently? This one even has Pree stumped!

I bought my ELM from here

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

but upon taking it apart, the wiring is different to all the ones that have been modified in the guides. It is as shown in the pictures below.

It is almost like it is half modded to work with can?

Any ideas?

DSC09745 (Copy).JPG

DSC09747 (Copy).JPG

DSC09748 (Copy).JPG

DSC09749 (Copy).JPG

DSC09751 (Copy).JPG

DSC09751 (Copy).JPG

DSC09752 (Copy).JPG

DSC09753 (Copy).JPG

DSC09754 (Copy).JPG

My pins are as follow :-

1 - No wire

2 - wire - has X's on it

3 - wire - vertical lines on it

4 - wire - long red line across it with a break in the line

5 - no wire going to it but solder is linked to pin 4

6 - no wire

7 - wire - long red line, with short red line, then a long one.

8 - no wire

9 - wire - random sections of red dots

10 - wire - broken red line

11 - wire - red dots all along it

12 - no wire

13 - no wire

14 - no wire

15 - wire- very faint red markings, cant really tell what it is

16 - no wire

#1407 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Reading a little more about it , it appears to be a genuine ELM cable , although i thought they cost more !.

Have you tried to connect to the MS-CAN (Gem) side with ELMConfig ?

If it worked on the GEM side then it would simply be a case of reverse wiring 3/11 to 14/6 and not the other way around , thats if it worked on the GEM side of things , if not then i would not consider trying to modify it.

#1408 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

The first thing I done when I got it, was pull it apart.

I can give it a try tomorrow though. What programs do I need to download Pree? As there are so many links in the first thread!

I did ask the seller if it was a Genuine ELM327 chip and he said it wasn't?!

#1409 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

The first thing I done when I got it, was pull it apart.

I can give it a try tomorrow though. What programs do I need to download Pree? As there are so many links in the first thread!

I did ask the seller if it was a Genuine ELM327 chip and he said it wasn't?!

Haha so he is advertizing a Fake! then even after pulling the clones down in his advert lmao.

The program you need is ELMConfig in the first post Version 0.2.9 , you may need to send the commands to it , "Adapter setup" "setup to MS-CAN"

If you get it to read , don't what ever you do try and write anything to your car as this adapter is not proven.

Read Only.

#1410 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Yep, a genuine Fake. LOL.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users