guys, i recently finished modifing the elm, however i run into trouble. When i connect the cable to the car, none of the programs work. I've followed my checklist, however i receive a "CAN ERROR".
* I've installed the drivers on the computer including the RuntimePack.
* I've set the port to COM1 (Speed 38400)
* I've been using this port and speed in all programs (ELMConfig, ELM-FF2_EN, FDS)
* I've connected the cable to different usb ports
* I've tried all three available states on the switch.
Any suggestions or instructions would be much helpful.
Also, i am still a bit confused overall. My questions are as following:
1. Why do we need the switch? What is the use of each state?
2. Which program should i use in order to read the configuration of the car and make alterations? (ELMConfig, ELM-FF2_EN, FDS)
3. Do i need to follow the instructions for Putty before the programs in order to establish a connection with the car?
Thank you in advance.
This is my attempt 2013-07-24-925.jpg
1. You need the switch to be able to switch between MS-Can ( GEM) and HS-Can (HEC) , the ELM is set to HS_Can by default before being modified.
2. All three programs work.
3. Putty was only needed on ELM-FF2 , on ELMConfig civil.zz created a quick button to action the same cammands as Putty.
Can error - You need to double check your wiring if none of the programs are working