Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,624 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Unfortunately its not possible to disable just the chime, its an all or nothing thing unfortunately!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1442 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

Unfortunately its not possible to disable just the chime, its an all or nothing thing unfortunately!

For the MK2 it is not possible indeed to only deactivate the belt minder chime.

For the MK2.5 it is possible to only deactivate the chime with ELMconfig. If you do this the belt minder light will be still working. To do this you have to go to the 3rd configuration page of the instrument cluster (HEC) and deselect the "Belt Minder" tickbox.

#1443 giwrgos_ath

giwrgos_ath

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Name: George
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

It finally works! I changed the switch and rewired the cables to it. The switch suggested in the first page is great because you can easily fit it on the main body with no visible cables!

Now i have some more questions:

1. Using the ELMConfig, when i try to access some options, i get an error about the speed. I increased the speed from 38k to the max on the drivers config, but then the program wouldn't connect. I then switched the speed back to 38k and only changed the speed on the program, and even tho the speed test said it was supported, i received an error.

2. When i try to write the config for HEC using FDS, i get an error saying that i need to read HEC first.

3. I activated DDS and it is shown on the dash. I went to its menu and held "set" to reset the values. Should i do anything else, or is it safe to assume that it is working fine? I do not get any readings and there is only an option to reset the values again.

#1444 DazzaRS

DazzaRS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: daryl
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2014

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

see on youtube you can activate power fold mirrors on the ford focus RS via elm but done see any option...

#1445 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

see on youtube you can activate power fold mirrors on the ford focus RS via elm but done see any option...

It is possible to fold the Focus MK2.5 electric folding mirrors automatically when the car is locked/unlocked but this can not (yet) be done with an ELM327 interface and ELMconfig.

To make this function work your car must be already equipped with the electric folding mirror option. Normally when pressing the manual switch of the electric folding mirrors it sends a signal to the door modules which control the electric folding mirrors. To make the mirrors fold automatically when the car is locked/unlocked the firmware of the door modules needs to be updated to a custom made version.

Some clever Russians have written custom firmware for the MK2.5 door modules but this firmware is not  available for free. I know it is available as a paid feature of the Russian UCDS interface and software which is available for about €90,-. At the moment I do not think there are other ways to get the custom firmware. Some Dutch people own the UCDS interface and I consider buying one myself. Compared to the free ELMconfig software it has a few nice features and as far as I know it is the only interface which is capable to program / change setting of the Focus MK3.

#1446 DazzaRS

DazzaRS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: daryl
  • Ford Model: Focus RS
  • Year: 2014

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

I own a mk2 ford focus RS, i have the power fold button inside my car but doesnt fold when pressing the lock button on the remote

got any links on where i can purchase this software/ code

#1447 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus RS (The original) & Ford Kuga
  • Year: Non

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

With reference to the seat belt reminder. With all the options that are available there must be a way of having the light come on but not the chime?

Belt reminder.jpg

Belt reminder2.jpg

Belt reminder3.jpg

These screen shots were done in off line mode but does anyone which ones should be ticked to enable it again because I turned mine off with VCM/IDS I don't know which ones should be ticked!

With reference to this next picture, I am thinking that if one of these options are enabled it would allow you access the full menu options while the car is being driven. I just want to have "messages" accessible while the car is in motion. I did think that just selecting "sub menu level 3" would do this as it is the third option on the instrument cluster menu but enabling it didn't change anything.

message screen.jpg

Anyone else done this or tried to do it?

Finally a bit of a random one. I enabled DDS, ECO mode and anti hijack today on a 2011 car. Everything went fine on the programming side but when turning the ignition on after finishing it came up with "engine malfunction" This stayed on after cycling the ignition. I checked the DTC fault codes and there were lots there all unrelated to what had just been enabled. I cleared the codes, it went away and it has been fine.

Anyone else had this happened before? I have done a few cars this week and messed around with mine loads but never seen this.

Thanks

Ben

#1448 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus RS (The original) & Ford Kuga
  • Year: Non

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

JW, anymore info on the UCDS? Is it like VAGCOM but for Fords?

#1449 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

More info of the UCDS system can be found on the following website:

http://www.ucdsys.ru...e_id=42&lang=en

#1450 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

I've been reading this thread for year every now and then but still I am a bit confued and though I could ask... Is there currently way to enable cruise control for PCM module without Ford IDS, using elmconfig? If I can configure my adapter to high enough speed...

I know that elmconfig has now flashing capabilities, but screenshots etc. I saw had nothing related to CC. Is this possible? I have enabled CC in evey other module and replaced steering wheel and checked that all the wires etc. are in place and "test mode" will give me beeps when I press CC buttons on steering wheel... But it does not work. It's not enabled in PCM. Will elmconfig help me?

How about this UCDS? It's still cheaper than taking my car to Ford carage for IDS...

Thanks and sorry for asking :)

#1451 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

You can enable the Cruise Control option for the PCM with ELMconfig. At the moment all petrol versions (except the ST/RS) and the 1.8 and 2.0 TDCI engines are supported. The 1.6 TDCI is not supported yet (probably because it is not sold in Russia).

To enable the Cruise Control option go to the second page of the procedures screen of the PCM. Select the right PCM type for your car and click "Read the firmware from PCM in file" and "Read VID-block from the PCM" and save it to your computer.

PCM1-1.jpg

Next you can go to the PCM configuration screen. After the VID-block is previously read all of the settings from the PCM are pre-filled on this screen. 

PCM2-1.jpg

Select the "Integrated Speed Control" checkbox and save the changed VID-block to your computer.

PCM3-1.jpg

Go back to the second page of the procedures screen. Now click Load VID-block from file and select the changed VID-block you saved to your computer. Next click Load firmware from file and select the original firmwarefile you previously saved. Next the Write current firmware in PCM can be clicked (before it was grey). Now the firmware and changed VID-block are loaded into the PCM and the Cruise Control should be enabled. 

I tested the procedure on a spare PCM which I bought for testing  of the PCM firmware update procedure of ELMconfig. This PCM was originally fitted into a car that did not had Cruise Control. I fitted this PCM into my car, reprogrammed the PATS system, updated the PCM firmware to the most suitable version for my car an activated Cruise Control. All programming went without any problems. I use an ELM327 interface with FTDI chipset which is configured at a Baudrate of 500.000.  

#1452 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Thank you so much, great instructions! I currently have only bluetooth OBD2 interface, so I just ordered USB version which, according to seller, has genuine ELM327 chip and FTDI interface, so I hope I can get it to run at 500 000 bps...

#1453 gazsutton

gazsutton

Clueless!

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Ill have a usb one for sale shortly modified too works with my focus.

#1454 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Thank you so much, great instructions! I currently have only bluetooth OBD2 interface, so I just ordered USB version which, according to seller, has genuine ELM327 chip and FTDI interface, so I hope I can get it to run at 500 000 bps...

Be carefull what you may be buying is a unit that possibly wont work. You need the cheap chinese elm327 v1.5.

#1455 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Be carefull what you may be buying is a unit that possibly wont work. You need the cheap chinese elm327 v1.5.

Wait what? Genuine ELM327 won't work while fake one will? Really? Wow...

Edit: Well, already ordered genuine version, so we will see if it works. Though, cannot be assured that it IS genuine, it may be just as well chinese copy...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users