Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I cant get my ELM cable to work on windows 7! each and every time it comes up with a code 10 error and the device will not start. plugged it into a XP desktop and works fine.

any help please??

Civil,

I've got the lead, installed the drivers, installed what has replaced the dllpack on the 1st page of this thread (dllpack.exe is no longer available at the link, I downloaded and ran a file called RunTimepack.exe) and when I run the English version of ELMConfig, nothing works at all.

When I copen ELMConfig, I set the com port correctly along with the port speed, click open port. The next screen which comes up is detecting the present voltage, but if I click read or start OBD scan, none of the fields populate with any information and in the log at the right hand side I just get a load of CAN errors.

I'm getting similar problems with the Russian version of the software, I'm following the guides to the dot, but making no progress.

To note, Yes, the ignition is on without the ignition running.

Also, when following the 1st page for the Russian software, once I've put my VIN number in and pressed "Online" - when attempting to read the current configuration for the car, I get no boxes ticked, it all stays greyed out.

If I don't get any success with this tonight, I'll put the ELM interface back on eBay :D

Oh, ignore me - when I said I was reading the instructions to the tee, I was actually reading through a pair of reading glasses made of dirty socks.

Prat.

I've not had this upgrade done yet (crap with technical stuff) but I've noticed that whey cycling through the different bits of information, the display is slow to change (almost gradual) and dull.

Any ideas what this could be?

After sucess with getting the cluster how I want it, hacking the ELM box apart has just been finished off.

I've tried running it quickly without setting my laptop to Russian as I am in a rush this evening, should the software still connect? Just getting another CAN ERROR when trying to read the car configuration as it is at the moment.

I don't see how this would be the case and I've probably just not understood part of the wiring properly, so I may well ask one of you guys to sell me your modified ELM as I won't have the patience to resolder everything again.

i carnt believe what im reading lol, i have auto lock, instant fuel, washer level indicator, radio display, gear !Removed! indicator, electri power steering, also total enclosure...

Does anyone want to sell me their modified ELM lead?

Foolishly I started mine when my step daughter was running riot last night, concentration levels weren't what they should be.

I've just finished putting the ELM back to how it was before I started last night, so whatever has happened has killed it. It may even be when doing the Putty configuration, don't know!

Pleased that I have at least enabled the tyre pressure monitoring, RDS/call info and ECO mode, very cool.

:ph34r:

Have binned mine after completely rewiring it (including the car connector side for good measure) it still won't work - for the sake of £9 and possibly ruining the car ECU I'd rather not bother!

This is the first time I've been defeated by such a trivially simple bit of electronics :(

:ph34r:

Have binned mine after completely rewiring it (including the car connector side for good measure) it still won't work - for the sake of £9 and possibly ruining the car ECU I'd rather not bother!

This is the first time I've been defeated by such a trivially simple bit of electronics :(

I can loan you one for the loan of 15pounds and the cost of tracked postage.

You send me 22 pounds via paypal.

Ill post the modified elm327 to you via tracked mail costing me 7 pounds.

You use the elm327

Then return it to me via tracked mail.

When i recieve it ill refund you 15 pounds.

My modified Elm327 has worked on my 2010 mk2.5, Preee's old 2010 Mk2.5 and charlie's 2005 Mk2 with no problems.

If your interested PM me and i can dispatch to you on thursday which would arrive with you on monday/tuesday 17/18th December

Hello, I come from Argentina, I have a problem with my board, I did not back up, now I ran out front and rear fog lights, immobilizer and blinking. (Between markers RED LIGHT FUEL AND TEMPERATURE. me crazy.)

From already thank you for your help. Greetings.

20120811214527523.jpg

I had exactly the same behaviour!

Hey guys the link for the lates version appears to be dead i suppose Civill-zz is working on it again. Would it be possible to put it on rapidshare or something id be interested to see whats coming up :-)

cheeRS

anyone know how to get the usb driver installed on windows 7 64 bit.

i have the disk in the drive and plugged in the modded cable and get

cp2102 usb to uart bridge controller witha yellow mark saying no driver installed

i need to get me one of these cables!! i keep meaning to just never get round to it!

i want the RDS info, Phone info and Fluid Level on the car... and eventually cruise control when i get round to getting the wheel...

Hello, I come from Argentina, I have a problem with my board, I did not back up, now I ran out front and rear fog lights, immobilizer and blinking. (Between markers RED LIGHT FUEL AND TEMPERATURE. me crazy.)

From already thank you for your help. Greetings.

You need to get your AS_Built data for your car to return it to default ,

Try Here

http://www.motorcraf...d=spubs_as_call

Enter your Vin number , save the information into a TEXT file , use the program ELM-FF2 , take a screen shot of your current setup via the ELM , save the information to compare to the AS-Built data from the website.

you could they try and load your default as_built data to return to backup , if your lucky you will get it back and remember to make backups in future.

anyone know how to get the usb driver installed on windows 7 64 bit.

i have the disk in the drive and plugged in the modded cable and get

cp2102 usb to uart bridge controller witha yellow mark saying no driver installed

Try the drivers from here

http://www.ftdichip....Drivers/VCP.htm

i need to get me one of these cables!! i keep meaning to just never get round to it!

i want the RDS info, Phone info and Fluid Level on the car... and eventually cruise control when i get round to getting the wheel...

TDCIST

All will work apart from Fluid level as Ford removed the washer sensor from most cars after 2008 unless it had Bi-xonon lights , even my old titanium never had it. 2010

got the drivers now installed and its says its on com port 24 but when i go in the elm software and select that port i am getting runtime error 8002 invalid port number

got the drivers now installed and its says its on com port 24 but when i go in the elm software and select that port i am getting runtime error 8002 invalid port number

Goto your control panel , device manager , right click properties on the Seriel device and select a port lower than 10 and save

preee, the link to obatin the "as" data does not work - just gives a permissions error.

Also, the dllpack link no longer works, it has been replaced with a file called runtimepack.exe. Just letting you know in case you want to update your first post. The runtimepack.exe file does seem to have the correct parts in it as I was able to use my ELM before attempting to modify it (and failing, if you have read my other posts.)

preee, the link to obatin the "as" data does not work - just gives a permissions error.

Also, the dllpack link no longer works, it has been replaced with a file called runtimepack.exe. Just letting you know in case you want to update your first post. The runtimepack.exe file does seem to have the correct parts in it as I was able to use my ELM before attempting to modify it (and failing, if you have read my other posts.)

Hi cragger

This Link works for the As-Built

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/spubs/default.asp?pageid=spubs_as_call

i will update the first post

I don't have the link saved for the Runtimepack , just recently re-installed laptop and lost my links lol

Cragger , i read you one post about using the Russain version , and turning on Russain keymapping ,what ELMConfig version are you using as it's English.

I have an English translated version of ELM-FF2 but it have never been updated like ELFConfig has.

I found it fluke - the link for the dllpack didn't work, so I removed the filename for it and found "runtimepack" was there and it seemed to work.

Will get my As-built data downloaded tonight in preparation for the ELM cable which Lenny is so kindly loaning to me.

Should have ordered one and sent it to you for modifying to begin with Preee, though I did read you didn't want that sort of responsiblity laid on to you. (Understandable!)

Goto your control panel , device manager , right click properties on the Seriel device and select a port lower than 10 and save

Looks like preee beat me to it again :)

I found it fluke - the link for the dllpack didn't work, so I removed the filename for it and found "runtimepack" was there and it seemed to work.

Will get my As-built data downloaded tonight in preparation for the ELM cable which Lenny is so kindly loaning to me.

Should have ordered one and sent it to you for modifying to begin with Preee, though I did read you didn't want that sort of responsiblity laid on to you. (Understandable!)

I have made a few cables for people , downside is now i don't have a Mk2.5 to test it on anymore , i know Lennys Cable works :).

i'm keeping hold of my cable incase civil-zz manages to figure out the Mk3 Focus.

you say your cable is goosed ? , when you plug into laptop do the LED's light up at all?

FDS (1).zip

ELM-FF2_EN.zip

All Links in first Post of this Thread have now been update :) Above is FDS Program and English Translation of ELM-FF2

I will add these also to the first page