Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

GUIDE FOR ELM327 INTERFACE AND ELMFF2 + ELMconfig (RUSSIAN PROGRAMS)

What i will attempt to do is a guide for the FF2 (russian program) which will allow you to plug in a ELM 327 interface code reader into your focus Mk2 / Mk2.5 and update various parts of your car.
PLEASE HELP WITH THE GUIDE IF YOU CAN.
Program is made by some very talented guys from Russia

DISSCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING IN THIS POST , YOU UNDERTAKE USING THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This will be a trial an error on my part , i will only tell you what i have clicked on. I will do my best ( with help from other people) to translate from Russian to English.

I would first like to thank Pidu for finding such an amazing program and initial translating smile.png

UPDATES DONE ON MY CAR SO FAR.
In the center speedo information cluster:
RADIO RDS INFORMATION + CD TRACK INFORMATION
ACTIVATED PHONE INCOMING CALL INFORMATION
VOICE CONTROL BUTTON INFORMATION
REVERSING SOUND ACTIVATION (turned this back off very annoying)
GEAR SHIFT CHANGE INDICATOR --HEC firmware above S508 to work
REAL ENGINE TEMPERATURE
WASHER EMPTY BOTTLE WARNING (no wiring on my car)
FORD ECO MODE (working on my 2010 Mk2.5)

Gem Module
Auto door locking at 5mph , now i have changed to 10mph with ELMconfig
Auto heated window screen at low outside temperature
Adjusted curtesy light dimming time
Adjusted Walk home lighting time

ELM327 cable brought from Here: http://www.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT I paid £13.59 but he has dropped the price to £11.59 .THIS LINK ADAPTERS HAVE BEEN UPDATED , BUT ALTHOUGH A NEW BOARD IT DOES NOT SUPPORT 500,000 BAUD RATE.

ELM-FF2
Program from here: You need to translate and READ http://forffclub.narod.ru/elm/elm-ff2/

ELMconfig
ELMconfig-English version from here : http://civil.iffc.ru...g/ELMConfig.zip
DLL ZIP required for ELMconfig from : http://civil.iffc.ru...RuntimePack.exe
ELMconfig explained in futher post's many thanks to civil-zz

WINDOWS7 SiLabs drivers for the ELM327

http://www.mediafire.com/download/so2x2ulcz510kzr/SiLabs.zip

ELM-FF2 & FDS : Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?46s5e3jcxlll7qh

Get your AS_BUILT data from here (not really needed but you can use offline to see what your car has)
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/SPubs/default.asp?pageid=spubs_as_call&nomenu=yes

< hit and miss if this works
Input your VIN number and copy and paste infor into notpad and save.

Information on rewiring your ELM327 reader. translate and READ
I will at some stage figure this out or if anyone else manages it please post information.
http://forffclub.narod.ru/elm/

ON GOING GUIDE BASIC USE.
Install USB drivers for your ELM327 ( you may have to search for WIN 7 drivers) but it does work on Windows 7 smile.png
Plug ELM327 into Diagnostics port and USB into your Laptop. Let drivers install.
Run ELM FF2 program and configure as follows.
Insert your VIN number
Set Port Number ( you may have to write (COM1) not just 1 etc. Set Bit rate 38400.
TURN IGNITION ON (do not start car)
Click ONLINE.
44507666.jpg
From IPC Tab ( information speedo cluster )
Click ( READ CAR CONFIGURATION BUTTON) , everything that is currently set on your car will appear "Ticked".
Select what you want turned on or off.
Click ( WRITE CAR CONFIGURATION) = 3 seconds and DONE smile.png
23139223.jpg
You can save the Changed AS-BUILT information if you like and also save the connection log file if you like.
61525767.jpg
The GEM Tab or (BCM) , This will not connect , and i'm Guessing that it needs the Wiring MOD before it can connect to the High CAN BUS.

OTHERSCREENS in Translation progress ( I will ADD them as they are done.

74153702.jpg
16615808.jpg
42030170.jpg

ELM-FF2_EN.zip

FDS.zip

• Like 1

How to Modify the ELM 327 Adapter.

First peel off the label to reveal 4 crosshead screw and remove them.
20120310105051.jpg

Unplug the connector socket from the board.
20120310105214.jpg

Wiring Diagram
wire-1.jpg
Use the wiring Diagram as a guide .
you need to first cut 6 wires about 3 amp will do approx 6 inches long , different colours would be better , if not then mark them individually (14 , 11 , 6 , 3 , Hcan , and Mcan.
connections are numbered.
20120310105306.jpg

Cut protective shrink wrap off 14 and DE-Solder the wire.
20120310111635.jpg
Shrink wrap all wires
Solder Number 14 wire to number 14 on the connector side
Solder Number 11 wire to spare number 11 on the connector side
Solder Number Lcan wire to the original number 14 wire you DE-Soldered.

Cut protective shrink wrap off number 6 and DE-Solder the wire.
Solder Number 6 wire to number 6 on the connector side
Solder Number 3 wire to spare number 3 on connector side
Solder Number Hcan wire to the original number 6 wire you DE-Soldered.
20120310115626.jpg

Cut a small section of the box out to allow room for the cables to leave the box.
Plug the connector back into the board and route wires and place lid back on the ELM
Screw casing back together.
20120310120354.jpg

Place sticker back on .
No switch yet so the wires will have to be manually joined until my switch arrives , you will need a Two pole on/off/on type switch
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160697063015?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Tape together for can-H setup as follows.
Number 3 wire to can-H wire
Number 11 wire to can-L wire

tape up number 6 wire
tape up number 14 wire

Of course with a switch in place you can easily switch between to two configs.

Next step is to send commands to the ELM 327 to make it adjust to the new setup config

*EDIT* NOTE PuTTy is not needed for ELMconfig Program , once Elm327 is connected then select configure from the menu on startup of ELMconfig , this will send all commands to re-configure your ELM327.

Configuring the ELM 327

Download PuTTY
http://www.chiark.gr...y/download.html

Run Program

Plug your ELM 327 into your computer RED light will come on.

Select Serial
Select your COM port
Set Bit rate 38400
Click OPEN
puttyf.jpg

Black CMD window will open
Type the next series of commands into the window one at a time and hit enter
atpp2asv38
atpp2aon
atpp2csv81
atpp2con
atpp2dsv04
atpp2don

Each time you hit enter PuTTY should respond with OK

What i saw was >K followed by what i typed each time , i had to over write the commands each time twice before i got each one to OK or >K

Under logging before you click open you can set it to show you a log fiile and you will then see if each command has been excepted.

As your typing two leds will flash on the ELM 327.

Once you have finished .

unplug and go to your car , plug in the ELM into the Diagnostics port .
Configure your PC to Russian Language time and zone and keyboard , this will require a reboot , remove any password you have on your PC , mine would not let me log back in until i figured out how to change lang to UK to input my password lol.

Start PC
Start FF2

Plug in USB , enter you VIN as in post one with port number and bit rate 38400
Click ONLINE
Click BCM tab
Click Read Car Configuration. Part 1
Your Options will now be available
Click part 2
Click read car configuration Part 2
Your options will now be available

You can select what you require and then hit Write car Configuration JOB DONE.

If you wish to go back to Dash board IPC
Stop program unplug every thing , Flick switch or adjust wires if not switch back to original
And repeat.
Here are the 2 screens

10114357.jpg
43908526.jpg

Happy Editing.
DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING YOUR NOT SURE ABOUT , YOU FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK , THROUGH OUT THIS GUIDE I CAN ONLY COMMENT ON THE PARTS I HAVE ACCEPTED.

• Like 1

This is Fantastic mate,

i even spotted ESP ON/Off on the list, does this also mean that the ESP switch for the dash can be activated?

i have to purchase one of these, and even better it works with windows 7

thanks pree. B)

Some charge up to £75 for this kind of info on here :rolleyes:

but not in the focus section, we like to help each other with Guides because we care.

This is Fantastic mate,

i even spotted ESP ON/Off on the list, does this also mean that the ESP switch for the dash can be activated?

i have to purchase one of these, and even better it works with windows 7

thanks pree. B)

Some charge up to £75 for this kind of info on here :rolleyes:

but not in the focus section, we like to help each other with Guides because we care.

Lmao Lenny , ;)

As far as i can see so far i'm not sure about My ESP switch.

I have turned everything i want on in the cluster , i now have the scary part to do which is hack my ELM to bits and rewire it, i have now ordered the type of dual switch needed and i think i have figured out the diagram for wiring.

I have downloaded the Terminal program to program the ELM after i have modified it , (set of commands have to be sent to the ELM)

It's the GEM module that i really want to get too for the Auto door locking and Auto heated screen for starters. :)

Lmao Lenny , ;)

I have turned everything i want on in the cluster , i now have the scary part to do which is hack my ELM to bits and rewire it

Funny because its true mate,

just to confirm mate

is the ELM the thing that connects the computer to the car?

Yes Lenny the ELM (OBD 2)is the code reader , which you can use to read all sorts of info on your car in standard setup , lots of demo or free programs out there and you can also read and remove fault codes etc.

Lmao Lenny , ;)

I have turned everything i want on in the cluster , i now have the scary part to do which is hack my ELM to bits and rewire it, i have now ordered the type of dual switch needed and i think i have figured out the diagram for wiring.

I have downloaded the Terminal program to program the ELM after i have modified it , (set of commands have to be sent to the ELM)

It's the GEM module that i really want to get too for the Auto door locking and Auto heated screen for starters. :)

Personally I'd be more worried about !Removed! up my car's ECU than a £12 cable :blink: Good work though, watching this thread with interest.

Personally I'd be more worried about !Removed! up my car's ECU than a £12 cable :blink: Good work though, watching this thread with interest.

There are dozens and dozens of Forum pages regarding this Mod from the guy that made the software , i have read lots of them , and never seen anything but praise for the software.

I like to do! , i'm not a watcher :) i have all ready switched on several things on the dash board that Ford would charge up one hr's labor for each one. In 5 seconds of connecting i can reverse all of the settings by loading my AS-BUILT and clicking send.

If i mess up my ECU (for which i have not seen one single post that this has happened) then it will be my fault.

Why on earth half of this stuff is not turned on by default is beyond me. Ford put it there and left it switched off. My titanium has stuff turned off that are turned on , on other models. how crazy is that.

:)

• Like 1

There are dozens and dozens of Forum pages regarding this Mod from the guy that made the software , i have read lots of them , and never seen anything but praise for the software.

I like to do! , i'm not a watcher :) i have all ready switched on several things on the dash board that Ford would charge up one hr's labor for each one. In 5 seconds of connecting i can reverse all of the settings by loading my AS-BUILT and clicking send.

If i mess up my ECU (for which i have not seen one single post that this has happened) then it will be my fault.

Why on earth half of this stuff is not turned on by default is beyond me. Ford put it there and left it switched off. My titanium has stuff turned off that are turned on , on other models. how crazy is that.

:)

Kudos to you mate, bigger balls than me. I agree on the "switched on" front. Even more annoying when you have a Titanium and think it should all be on. Is it possible that some of it gets disabled mistakenly if a dealer does an update?Don't get me wrong, I'll be having a go at this myself soon.

is the bit your hacking to bits and modifying the cable connector, or the connector that is on the car?

are most of the good mods only available after you change the connection? and will these work on a mk2 with no trip computer? maybe not the trip specific but the like of one button deadlock etc?

is the bit your hacking to bits and modifying the cable connector, or the connector that is on the car?

are most of the good mods only available after you change the connection? and will these work on a mk2 with no trip computer? maybe not the trip specific but the like of one button deadlock etc?

1) The ELM 327 Connector , is what i will be converting , i have pulled the sticky label off to reveal 4 screws , inside the plug can be removed from the reader , the cross over required then wires to the 2 pins that are empty for MScan bus , i will try this later.

2) It seems, in standard configuration the cable can edit most things related to the Trip computer and Display cluster and warning symbols. When i change the ELM i will report back if it allows me into the other sections or not.

3) All information i can find is Mk2 and Mk2.5 , i can't find any specific information reguarding if a trip computer is available or not.

Richie

Regarding the Gear shift light , i have read that , combined with the Ford Eco Mode then it should work so i will try it later.

So now i'm off to modify the ELM , i have so far sent the 6 Commands to the unit via the terminal program PuTTy all responded with OK via the log so its just a case of making the wiring MOD and fingers and toes crossed :unsure:

I enabled both Paul but no shift light ? I'll undo and redo it to see if it 'sticks'............

Well what can i say ! damn im clever.

Not got my switch yet , but i re-configured the ELM 327 , 6 wires , joined the required wires for Hcan bus.

Sent commands with terminal PuTTY program.

Plugged it in closed my eyes

It worked :)

Most of the settings are already turned on so i selected

Autolock when driving

Auto heated screen

Auto lock works perfect either in reverse or forward at approx 5mph :)

Auto heated screen i will have to wait for a cold morning :)

Dissabled washer warning as it kept coming on , i checked washer bottle and there is no sensor so i have turned that off.

Turned on Ford Eco mode. Gives out a fancy set of icons with small flowers each flower has 5 sections one for gear , speed and anticipation.

I will update the guide later today on how to MOD the ELM and a couple of screen shots.

So on Low Canbus i can goto some settings and onHigh Canbus i can goto the rest of the settings although i'm not sure what some of it is.

I will upload a small video in a bit of the center cluster , before i turned off the washer warning :)

Richie - Even with Eco turned on the gear Change light still does not function, so there must be more to it i think.

Video of Center cluster since the MODS , this was before i turned off the washer empty warning signal as there is no wiring to it and it kept coming on.

Later part of the video you will see radio information at the top of the screen.

GUIDE IS NOW COMPLETE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IF ANYONE WISHES TO ADD THEIR OWN PARTS THEN PLEASE DO SO.

I'm happy with all of my current selections i have now put in place, and the money is in my pocket not Ford's. :)

I will of course help anyone who needs help.

Please don't ask me to wire your ELM 327 , i would not want to risk Modifying one for some one else's car.

Preee you're a genius all right!

Sorry for being stupid but still dont get it.

Are you rewiring the connector on the cable you got from eBay? Or are you removing the port from the focus and rewiring that?

Preee you're a genius all right!

Sorry for being stupid but still dont get it.

Are you rewiring the connector on the cable you got from eBay? Or are you removing the port from the focus and rewiring that?

As Pidu says its the ELM 327 from eBay that i have modified , i have finished the guide on post 2 and 3 of the guide explaining how its done and what steps you take , its very easy to do :)

There is new Russian software available - ELM Config, can be downloaded from here:

http://civil.iffc.ru...g/ELMConfig.zip

If mscomm32.ocx error is shown dll files need to be downloaded:

http://civil.iffc.ru...fig/DllPack.zip

It allow to:

- adjust some GEM parameters, e.g. time of light fading, speed required to auto lock doors

- read DTC codes with Russian and English descriptions

- read / save VIN to various modules

- read mileage and change km <-> miles

- send ELM mid speed codes - no terminal needed

- GEM reboot

Looks like software will be able to do much more in the future, worth waiting for further development.

Screens:

up143904-2____.jpgup143904-____.jpg

Looks interesting nice find again Peter

Just a quick question, what extras would this whole procedure enable on a MK2?

I've lost track of the thread a bit.

I'm a smart, practical person but the tech has passed me a bit.

It would depend on what is actually fitted to your car , and most would be a case of try them see if they work or if it gives you the option to change.

By downloading and running the first program in off line mode and entering you VIN and also downloading your AS_BUILT it will tell you whats available to your car