Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

No that is not possible , if you imagine the program a a series of "gate's" , leading to different fields , they are either open or closed, the program writes the AS-Built data file to say either open or closed in most case's .

Not only that, It is possible to change the milage in the speedometer. Butg only more miles, not less.

Not only that, It is possible to change the milage in the speedometer. Butg only more miles, not less.

I know it says not less miles,

but will it accept less miles ?

Okay so got some pics of my cable. All this was done by following Preee's guide

The cable

post-30730-0-35265800-1335478427_thumb.j

Top off

post-30730-0-49715100-1335478478_thumb.j

case removed

post-30730-0-38212800-1335478524_thumb.j

Internal cables unplugged from board

post-30730-0-92857300-1335478617_thumb.j

The wire with the X's and the wire with the rectangles were the ones de-soldered from the pins 14 and 6, May be different if you have a different cable!!

post-30730-0-53294400-1335478662_thumb.j

Then I soldered these to the middle two pins on the switch, the red wire and black wire connect to the L-CAN and H-CAN pins. The two white wires connect the switch to the original pins, 14 and 6.

post-30730-0-45543000-1335478712_thumb.j

post-30730-0-29505700-1335478570_thumb.j

post-30730-0-62629300-1335478758_thumb.j

I then cut a square hole just smaller than the switch in width, but correct size in hight.

post-30730-0-43252900-1335478804_thumb.j

Next I used a small file to create a grove in the plastic part of the switch.

post-30730-0-85975500-1335478850_thumb.j

This then slotted into the hole cut previously

post-30730-0-22467300-1335478892_thumb.j

Hope this helps :)

My cable turned up today, added the switch and enabled instant fuel consumption, autolocking and auto heated screens. Everything worked a treat, thanks for the work on the guide Preee :)

Has anyone tried enabling the radio-cd info on a mk2 or does it need the bigger display of the mk2.5?

Cheers

Paul-S

My cable turned up today, added the switch and enabled instant fuel consumption, autolocking and auto heated screens. Everything worked a treat, thanks for the work on the guide Preee :)

Has anyone tried enabling the radio-cd info on a mk2 or does it need the bigger display of the mk2.5?

Cheers

Paul-S

Hiya Paul

I'm not sure TBH , remember to make your back ups and then try them see if they work

Radio info display is not active when you use FF2-ELM software with MK2 so there is no possibility to turn it on. At least that was my case - MK2, speedo cluster with computer.

Thanks for the info Pidu, all I really wanted was the instant fuel consumption but its nice to get other stuff for free.

Cheers

Paul-S

Thanks for the info Pidu, all I really wanted was the instant fuel consumption but its nice to get other stuff for free.

Cheers

Paul-S

icon_smile_idea.gifYou could fit a scan gauge II

which will give you lots of info including real time fuel consumption as far as i am aware,

and they also have 32 different illumination colours so you can set it to match the interior colour of your car,

they just plug in to the diagnostic slot of the car, which you can easily re-position to sit inside the dash with the scangaugeII pluged in to it. and if you really wanted to custon fit it, you could install an ST pod and mount the scangauge in to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ScanGauge2-Trip-computer-fuel-meter-scan-tool-SMART-/180587708590?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2a0bddc0ae

scangauge-1.jpg

Right all my bits have arrived just need to complete the soldering.

Did you guys install the software that came with the elm module?

Right all my bits have arrived just need to complete the soldering.

Did you guys install the software that came with the elm module?

i did install the software that came with the ELM 327 but its not really worth it mate,

the best software for it is the ford stuff that is on here

@ Teabags

Good find :)

If I am right, looking at your pic, its only the cable with the USB connector that is soldered on? So shouldn't be a problem

@anyone :)

Does anyone know what the ISS does?? it is on page 3 of the GEM module.

Thanks

@ Teabags

Good find :)

If I am right, looking at your pic, its only the cable with the USB connector that is soldered on? So shouldn't be a problem

@anyone :)

Does anyone know what the ISS does?? it is on page 3 of the GEM module.

Thanks

I'm not certain but it may be to turn on/off the service indicator warning

OR it could mean this :

Intermediate Speed/Shaft Sensor (ISS) .

i'm searching can't find much info TBH

OK, thanks for the help Paul

The reason I ask is because if I open the door with the ignition on (I have Ford Power button) It starts bleeping and comes up with a message saying:

auto start/stop

switch Ignition off

I tried un-ticking the ISS when I noticed this so was wandering if it was to do with the engine stop start when in neutral feature, which I don't have as standard. I drove the car with ISS un-ticked and nothing had changed, so I re-ticked it. The warning message still came up, but it might have been there before testing the ISS I just haven't noticed it before.

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to activate the engine stop start feature??

Thanks

Haz

Hi guys,

Regarding the ISS option on GEM config, pg 3 - if you start the program in Russian it has a better description (Возможность отключения датчиков объема с кнопки). In English words: "Allow disabling the motion sensor with a button".

I believe this option has to do with an optionally fitted factory alarm with a motion sensor. This way you can arm the alarm but keep the motion sensor off (ie. if you leave your dog inside the vehicle). At least that's a feature on many well built aftermarket alarms. :)

Hi guys,

Regarding the ISS option on GEM config, pg 3 - if you start the program in Russian it has a better description (Возможность отключения датчиков объема с кнопки). In English words: "Allow disabling the motion sensor with a button".

I believe this option has to do with an optionally fitted factory alarm with a motion sensor. This way you can arm the alarm but keep the motion sensor off (ie. if you leave your dog inside the vehicle). At least that's a feature on many well built aftermarket alarms. :)

Yes you could be right , alarm interior scanning , i have a button for that so next time i plug in ELMconfig i will try it

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to activate the engine stop start feature??

Thanks

Haz

Hi Haz i think you would need extra sensors fitted, bigger battery etc

There was only the Russian version of ELM-FF2. It caused problems with strange characters - Cyrillic

90% of the program translated into English. The remaining 10% can not be translated. Because you can not find the text in the source code.

If anyone can translate the rest let it do it.

Does anyone else have the source code of programs elm-FF2 or elmconfig ??

The English version of ELM-FF2:

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/14265734/file.html

The English version of ELMconfig:

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/ELMConfig.zip

Hi,

Just to let you know i am writing my own software... and will post updates as things progress...

I have already established communication to the car, and the software will automatically access your as-built data from Ford.

In due course i'll be looking for beta testers...

Hi,

Just to let you know i am writing my own software... and will post updates as things progress...

I have already established communication to the car, and the software will automatically access your as-built data from Ford.

Excellent,

How much does this software cost ?

Any change you know how to upload new AS-BUILT data for PCM module? Enabling cruise control does require reconfiguring PCM, GEM and IC modules and PCM cannot be reconfigured with ELMConfig or ELM-FF2...

This is one of my major motivations....

I know what changes are needed to the as-built to enable cruise control... just working on the upload... This may not be possible with the ELM327 as it doesnt support pass through mode...

I will post regular updates on how things are progressing.

just working on the upload... This may not be possible with the ELM327 as it doesnt support pass through mode...

Why do you think so? May be, i'll surprise you but ELM327 supports nothing at all. It is only gateway, all what you send to it, adapter send to bus and return you back an answer. If your software will support security access mode, ELM will work with it.

How far have you research this subject? As for me, now i'm stop at secondary bootloader loading step and search for following commands and bootloader files. May be, we can help each other? If you have any questions, I can try answer you.

Hi Civil-zz

Sounds good, please see my the PM i sent you.