Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Double check with the wring diagram from page 15

Since you soldered it , does either side of the switch connect?

Can someone check if the desoldered wire from no 6 is the forth wire from the right on the connector?

Can you also check is desoldered wire 14 is the third wire from the right?

Teabag they are numbered if you look closely

Wires 3 and 11 are third from left

Wires 6 and 14 are third from the left

Thats if you look at the front of the socket with 1 being lop left and 16 being bottm right

Teabag they are numbered if you look closely

Wires 3 and 11 are third pins top and bottom looking right

Wires 6 and 14 are third from top and bottom looking right handside to left

Thats if you look at the front of the socket with 1 being lop left and 16 being bottm right

Did you also connect to the Laptop and issue either the PuTTy commands as per page one or use the Buttom right on ELMconfig to send the commands to the ELM327

I use the button on the Elmconfig.

I actually referring the to white connect on the bored not the serial port connector.

I use the button on the Elmconfig.

I actually referring the to white connect on the bored not the serial port connector.

I can't check as i super glued my sticker back on the top :)

Wiring looks fine after further checks.

I'm at a loss?

So when the switch is back into standard mode HS-Can , Ignition On you can connect to HS-Can ..... Yes?

When you place the switch in postion 2 MS-Can with ignition ON , you get the error?..

If this is the case i would Download PuTTy and make sure the commands have been entered into the ELM by doing them manually

After more testing only thing that works is the volts reading!

Nothing else works tried putty that doesn't seem to be working either!

Teabag was the ELM working before you modified it?

Teabag was the ELM working before you modified it?

Never tired it! Wish I had now.

pree can you confirm my wiring (I'm refusing to give up!)

One row on my toggle switch has wire 14 11 and 14 desoldered in middle

Second row has wire 3 6 and desoldered 6 in the middle

Have I done that correctly?

Never tired it! Wish I had now.

pree can you confirm my wiring (I'm refusing to give up!)

One row on my toggle switch has wire 14 11 and desoldered in middle

Second row has wire 3 6 and desoldered 6 in the middle

Have I done that correctly?

wire-1.jpg

The wire originally wired to Pin 14 should be in the center pin of the switch

if you lay switch as in my picture then right hand side Pin on the switch should then be soldered to Pin 14 and left hand side to Pin 11

The origianl wire to Pin 6 should then be wired to the other center Pin on the switch , on the right of that should be wired back to Pin 6 on the connector , and then the left side should be wired to Pin 3.

Before you started Pins 3 and 11 should have been Empty

Make sure that you have not mixed the wires , basically look at the picture and cut it in half Right side original Hs-can and Left side Ms-Can.

What version of ELM327 do you have V1.5?

if looking at your switch and how you have typed your layout then Pin 14 and 11 are the wrong way around

civil-zz: I've readed the thread and was happy to find the thread and the forum. My question is about MS-CAN network.

Does anybody know if for example RCM (airbag) module could be connected on the table. I mean with that connecting ELM327 interface (CAN pins 6-14) to the RCM and applayin powersupply and ground.

Like on attached picture.

Tried with ELMconfig, and ELM-FF2 but it wasn't working.

What get on my mind is that mybe the resistance of CAN network is ok when connecting like that.

Anyone have idea how to connect thing(like RCM) on MS-CAN directly to ELM327?

Your scheme is wrong. Focus 2 RCM works on middle-speed CAN bus, and your scheme is for high-speed bus. For middle-speed bus pins 3 (CAN+) and 11 (CAN-) are used.

I connect it all up done the soldering and I've got a problem it reads the voltage and I did on one occasion get up engine info which was to big to fit in the box but nothing else.

When I click read vin I get message

Incorrect response from ELM to request "09 02" CAN ERROR

"CAN ERROR" means that ELM327 can't find proper-speed bus. Likely something messed up with wires soldering. PID 0902 is request to PCM/TCM - on high-speed CAN bus

If you look at ELM327 DLC connector from wires side (internal side), pins are numbered from left to right. On my adapter numbers are written on connector, I think you can see it too. In this case Preee's scheme is right. Anyway ELM must send some answer on your requests (errors or some other in case of AT commands), it's not depend on it's connection state.

Sergey

Is there anyway to turn off the HEC cluster light quicker than the 10 minutes that it takes to go off after ignition is turned off ?

Teabag

Remember to click and SAVE your configuration on EVERY Page before you Modify anything and keep your backups safe.

if looking at your switch and how you have typed your layout then Pin 14 and 11 are the wrong way around

That was a typo just opened up and wires appear to be correct, driving me nuts.

When you plug it into the laptop the LED's light up yes?

If your certain the wires are 100% correct then i do not know why it is not working .

What i would do now is reverse your wiring and try the ELM without the wiring MOD

But i still think maybe the Hs and Ms cans are mixed , as civil-zz has said what your getting is a wiring error code. Can you take some detailed photos ?

Maybe you have a faulty Switch have you got a Circuit tester?

It working!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all especially Preee and civil

Not sure what happened I opened up again played about with out scratched my head went back out and it worked did give it another little shake in the car did the trick. Hope it work again tomorrow might be something loose.

Activated DDS but couldn't see any option in the menu to activate it any ideas guys?

It working!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all especially Preee and civil

Not sure what happened I opened up again played about with out scratched my head went back out and it worked did give it another little shake in the car did the trick. Hope it work again tomorrow might be something loose.

Activated DDS but couldn't see any option in the menu to activate it any ideas guys?

under

HEC EBP level 1 DDS level 2/3

and

BCM DDS

Also under

HEC click for HEC level 2/3 and from 1 to 4

If should appear in the menu then

DID you remember to save all Config files first? every page on both Hs-can and Ms-can

Thanks Pree, will remember to take a backup before making changes

Hello everyone!

I'm from Portugal and found this useful topic!

Thanks to all guys who are commited to develop these great programs!

My ELM should be arriving from eBay to test all the features.

Meanwhile, i'm asking if it is possible to activate two things:

- side mirrors with auto folding (when you open/close Focus with remote);

- auto fog lights when opening Focus (like side mirrors bottom lights)

You select Auto locking enabling by customer

When I read my original data the feature is not selected however when I select the auto lock tick box the second sub menus tick box is ticked "auto lock with autorelock" something like that do I un tick that and select auto lock enabling by customer only?

When I read my original data the feature is not selected however when I select the auto lock tick box the second sub menus tick box is ticked "auto lock with autorelock" something like that do I un tick that and select auto lock enabling by customer only?

GEM page 2 you select both , first one is Auto locking while driving , second one is if you unlock the car but not open the door it will auto re-lock.

Hello everyone!

I'm from Portugal and found this useful topic!

Thanks to all guys who are commited to develop these great programs!

My ELM should be arriving from ebay to test all the features.

Meanwhile, i'm asking if it is possible to activate two things:

- side mirrors with auto folding (when you open/close Focus with remote);

- auto fog lights when opening Focus (like side mirrors bottom lights)

Not sure about the powerfold mirrors you can enable the puddle light in the mirror, but auto Fog lamps are not possible

Those of you who have enabled the DDS, have any of you tested it to see if it actually works?

Reason for asking is I enabled it on my car on both the HEC and BCM modules, set tyre pressures in the dash menu, then drove round the block. About 100 yards away from home stopped car got out and let some air out one of the rear tyres, left about 10 psi in the tyre, then drove back home expecting some sort of warning to appear but nothing happened??

:angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club