Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Maybe as well as reading the DTC there could be a table in the background which could give a description of what the DTC means?

Just thinking the same thing myself.........would be a nice addition if possible ?

A bit of a teaser, the first beta of my ELM / OBD software is functioning.

So far it has full access to HEC & GEMs, it will automatically read the VIN number and download the As Built Data for the car.

I'll be expanding the module options in the near future.. If you have any suggestions for additional features please let me know and i'll see what i can include in the software.

Beta01_l.png

when can we get our hands on it ?

Psyence, programs looking good, any idea of a release date?

Cheers

Paul-S

I have a little more testing to do, but all things being well i post the first version at the weekend.

I was already planning to receive & decode the DTC's so im glad to hear that is a useful feature for other people.

Please keep any further ideas coming, and i'll see what is possible to implement.

Would it be possible to disable EGR from PCM? I hate how it makes tdci engines to judder at low revs.

Would it be possible to adjust auto levelling headlights? I know ford charge a lot to connect computer to adjust xenons after fitting Eibach springs?

Yeah, some sort of control of the headlight module, as this will help in retrofitting the Bi Xenon's :)

May also help others with auto lights and auto rain sensor in adjusting the sensors

Where can I download the program: ELM OBDII Interface For Focus 2, CMAX & Kuga ???

Where can I download the program: ELM OBDII Interface For Focus 2, CMAX & Kuga ???

Psyence will be releasing a BETA version soon , until then ELMFF2 and ELMconfig are available from the first post on this thread.

Thanks but I meant for this program

Beta01_l.png

The publication reportedly will soon.....

Hi guys,

Here's how my modified ELM327 USB looks like... I used a 2-way ON/ON switch from Conrad Electronics (order nr.: 700978, or direct link). The neat thing about this switch is that it's super small and if you happen to have a bluetooth version of the ELM327 (the el cheapo one, anyway) then you can fit it even nicer on the side. The casing for the bluetooth is identical to the USB version and they've used a plastic cap to cover the hole where the USB cable normally sits. That's a perfect fit for this rocker switch. :)

Btw. if you own an Android based smartphone and have bluetooth on your mobile computer, just go for the Bluetooth version and try out the Torque app (on Android Market/Play Store). This way you can make even more out of the already cheap device. ;)

Two photos:

fcnl_elm1.jpg

fcnl_elm2.jpg

Anyone know if the auto heated screens come on with the orange snowflake? I've enabled it but the screens didn't come on when the temp was 3c.

Cheers

Paul-S

Anyone know if the auto heated screens come on with the orange snowflake? I've enabled it but the screens didn't come on when the temp was 3c.

Cheers

Paul-S

Mine now come on at 4c Orange snowflake

Mine now come on at 4c Orange snowflake

So do mine. Nice feature although sometimes they're not really needed even at those temps. Wonder if the activating temp could be changed somehow.

Hi all, im looking forward to trying this :)

ive been looking for something like this for a long time, even looked at buying an IDS VCM at one point just to be able to program some of these things. lol

does anybody know how to translate the AS BUILT Data? if so, is there anything in the data regarding the engine fitted to the car?

lol, just asking, because last year I did some extensive research... and I found the Kuga, with the 163ps engine, uses the same GEM module, instrument cluster, as the focus, and the dash wiring also remained unchanged pre and post releasing the 163ps TDCi engine.. only thing which changed was the engine module, and the engine wiring loom... but because the GEM module never changed, or the dash wiring I found it was possible to plug in the newer 163ps PCM and engine wiring loom into the GEM module of a 136ps Kuga.

stumbling point I had was how to then code that new engine to the car... lol

So I assumed it must of been some kind of ASBuilt data thing thing which needed changing as well as the security programming.

if I can find out how, then at some point id love to get that 163ps engine in my focus.

it never came to the mk2.5 facelift focus, but its a vastly improved engine.. injectors are better, fuel system runs at a higher pressure.. better EGR system, its smoother and quieter, also has pre injection.

technically there is no reason why it wont work, other than programming.

the kuga is after all a focus underneath its electrical systems were lifted and remain identical to a mk2.5 focus... its modules are the same even. so if the engine works in a kuga it should also work in a focus.

the other thing im wondering how to get enabled is, i noticed on the 136ps kuga, and 140ps mondeo... the instrument cluster has some kind of oil service warning enabled.. but on the focus it is not... any idea if this is also possible to enable?

Some sellers take their chance hoping somebody (an idiot???) will buy it. Most offers have constant price between 11-14 quid, nothing has changed.

Is there anyway to donate to the people that are coming up with this software?

Is there anyway to donate to the people that are coming up with this software?

i have tried to donate to them before but they wont accept it.

just wondering.. any thoughts?

but ive been looking through the parts listings, and pretty much the engine bay wiring looms on petrol and diesel variants of focus are all interchangeable, they arent drivetrain specific... and the same looks fit pretty much all standard models.

the only models with different looms for the engine bay are the RS and ST... RS presumebly different to ST because of the wider track requiring longer ABS sensor wires on front wheels.

was thinking to myself, what is different about these models.. more specifically ST, as that would be the most alike loom to a normal model... as the other wiring looms for standard models are interchangeable.... and the engine loom is covered separately, I know that because ive swapped engine loom on my 2.0 TDCi,, the Engine loom goes through the bulkhead and wires directly into the GEM module, no direct connection to the engine bay loom.. engine bay loom has another connection on the GEM.

As I was comparing in my head.

ST has Xenon... Xenon is available on the normal focus

ST has headlamp washers... also available on normal focus

ST has low washer fluid warning... also available on normal focus

ST has same ABS unit on mk2.5 as standard focus

ST Has heated front screen and heated washers... also available on standard focus

ST has EHPAS.. also available on standard focus

ST Has levelling sensors.. again also available on standard focus with xenon

ST has front temperature sensor.. so does normal focus.

So I was wondering if the reason for a different loom is because of the ESP button, and dashboard pods?

ESP Button, as stated in previous thread.. the dash wiring for the ESP button ends at the GEM and has no wires going from there onward to the ABS Module.. this wire would be included on an ST loom.. but they wont put that on a standard focus loom because the button was removed from installation on the facelift focus.. and other thing is the Pods, cant directly see why that would need the engine bay wiring loom connections..would of thought those wires would be more dealt with on the ST engine loom... but its the only other difference I could think of.

Dash looms again other than pods and ESP button would be identical to a standard focus also, as theres nothing on the ST that isnt available on standard focus.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

im just theorising, but playing with the idea of comparing an ST loom to standard loom and seeing if an ST loom will work on a standard car to get the ESP button functioning, and then later on possibly looking if the Pods can be made to function.

Apoligise this is slightly unrelated lol, but my next question was.. if the wiring is compatible from an ST.. maybe thats a way to enable the use of the ESP button, and start playing with getting the pods working if there is an option to enable them... Id imagine there is though! as its no different to some of the other options to enable or disable like washer level sensor etc... its just "another module" that needs to be set as present.

Hi All,

I have been watching this thread with great interest and now that my ELM327 has arrived I just have a few quick questions that I hope you can answer for me.

For example I'm wanting to switch on DDS, now I know that I have to tick the boxes in the BCM & HEC Modules...would I then after ticking the boxes click on Write to BCM & HEC respectfully? some other forums have also suggested that I would need to go to the Procedures tab in the BCM and Reset the Modules....do I need to do this and what does this do?

Also to mod the ELM would I be best going for a 2 way or 3 way switch?

Sorry if they are simple questions :mellow:

Many Thanks

RB2004

http://ffclub.ru/topic/97513/ - here you have Russian topic about installing ESP off button in FF2 FL

ps.

reading it with translate.google won't show all specific content (I mean 'hidden text' sections), so I suggest to use Google Chrome browser which translates on the fly and lets you log in to the forum

RB2004

http://ffclub.ru/topic/97513/ - here you have Russian topic about installing ESP off button in FF2 FL

ps.

reading it with translate.google won't show all specific content (I mean 'hidden text' sections), so I suggest to use Google Chrome browser which translates on the fly and lets you log in to the forum

whats the end result mate,

is it possible to fit a working ESP switch to the mk2.5 focus :o

Just to confirm, DDS does work.......popped up on the M1 last night and sure enough back left tyre was down to 20 psi. Pumped up at services, reset it and carried on. On inspection this morning i found the culprit in the form of a wood screw , so will get it fixed later. Could have shred the tyre had i not known, so a good little feature to have :)

post-26888-0-67785500-1337326761_thumb.j