whats the end result mate,

is it possible to fit a working ESP switch to the mk2.5 focus :o

so much lazy? ;) - faq is in first (pinned) message of that thread

fotostory:

- http://ffclub.ru/topic/97513/jump_200/#entry5380865

- http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/hooligan10/album/68405?p=0

links to manuals:

- http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/rblnx1dk2

- http://ffclub.ru/topic/97513/jump_360/#entry6400010 -> http://narod.ru/disk/15248555000/%D0%9A%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BA%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%BB.%20ESP.doc.html

Regards,

Mayak

No, I never will include this function in shared software. Immobilizer is your car theft protection. And if everybody have ability to add a new key in system, this barrier will not matter at all.

Ford dealer MUST be able to do it, it one of his function. And facelift/prefacelift clusters are totally compatible. If dealer won't replace it, you can do it by yourself:

- agree with dealer on key adding procedure only

- save your HEC config

- come to dealer and replace cluster near him (do not start the car until keys programming!)

- load your config in ELMConfig and change necessary parameters for level 2/3 cluster (don forget about clock!)

- write your new config into cluster

- program your keys

- if you want, you can write your old odometer value into new cluster ;)

Last week i got my (level 2) MK2.5 instrument cluster that i bought in the UK. I have changed the settings for my MK2 with ELMconfig and ELM-FF2 and it is working without errors. The only thing that isn't working is the immobilizer (PATS). Next monday my car will go to someone to do the key adding procedure with IDS.

Right now I have one more question. In ELMconfig on page 2 of the HEC configuration section it is possible to select which version of PATS is used.

*Standard PATS (Focus Facelift level 2/3)

*Old KVM system (SSCD)

*New KVM system (SSB) (Kuga level 2/3)

*Standard PATS

Which of these settings must be selected for a Focus MK2 with a MK2.5 instrument cluster ?

KVM means KeyFree (keyless access)

I have FF2 after small facelift (oval radio, red illumination, new kind of GEM) and a cluster replaced with FL one with big display - look waaaaay better!

just wondering.. any thoughts?

Apoligise this is slightly unrelated lol, but my next question was.. if the wiring is compatible from an ST.. maybe thats a way to enable the use of the ESP button, and start playing with getting the pods working if there is an option to enable them... Id imagine there is though! as its no different to some of the other options to enable or disable like washer level sensor etc... its just "another module" that needs to be set as present.

The Focus standard wiring is not the same throughout the car , in the Russain topics explaining how to fit an ESP switch ,most are direct wiring 2 wires to the GEM and 1 switch wire to the ABS module, to get the ESP switch to work.

Titaniun does have 90% of the loom in place , wiring to the GEM is complete , but the switch wire terminates at connector C111 , this wire has to be extended through the bulk head into the fuse box to the ABS module.

If you have the wiring in place for the switch then your almost there to get it working , if not then the Russian topic shows you how to do it , but its not straight forward , translation is not clear , picture guide is Ok , but with out word for word transation it's not so easy .

I have an ESP switch , reason i have not yet extended the wire , is time and enough information , i have asked on the Russian forum but received no reply.

Switch cost me £16 from Ford.

Hi All,

Also to mod the ELM would I be best going for a 2 way or 3 way switch?

Many Thanks

You will need a 3 way / double pole switch , there are various links at the start and throughout this topic for the switches we have used.

I know i have been quiet since my last post, but i wanted to let you know that i'm still working towards a first beta release this weekend.

Here is another little teaser (with one of the requested features)

ELMOBD2_l.png

Looking good !! Great work. I can't wait for the release of the BETA. It looks very usefull.

Which Ford vehicles are covered by your software ? Is your program only for vehicles with can bus like the Focus MK2 or will it also work on older Ford models like the focus MK1 ?

Looking good !! Great work. I can't wait for the release of the BETA. It looks very usefull.

Which Ford vehicles are covered by your software ? Is your program only for vehicles with can bus like the Focus MK2 or will it also work on older Ford models like the focus MK1 ?

The DTC will work fine, i dont know about the GEM & HEC as i dont have a Mk 1 to confirm the settings. Does Civil-zz's ELMconfig software work for you ?

As far as i have tried ELMconfig only works for the Focus MK2. I have tried it on the focus MK1 of a friend of mine and it didn't work. On my Focus MK2 ELMconfig works great.

Hi do any of these software program allow module reprogramming?

Ford have quoted me a stupid amount to go through all my modules installing all of the latest software updates.

PCM module almost certainly has a calibration update available.. Because its the DW10 engine and apparently there was lots of updates.

Calibrations can be downloaded off the motorcraft website just a case of programming them.. Dunno what happens in regards to firmware software updates when ids does it.. Presumably it downloads from the Internet or somethig

I know i have been quiet since my last post, but i wanted to let you know that i'm still working towards a first beta release this weekend.

Here is another little teaser (with one of the requested features)

ELMOBD2_l.png

Looks good mate, looking forward to give it a go.

Did you have any luck with the auto levelling headlight adjustment?

Looks good mate, looking forward to give it a go.

Did you have any luck with the auto levelling headlight adjustment?

Not yet, im still pulling together the base software functions. The first release will contain HEC, GEMs & DTC modes only..

As this will be a beta release im hoping that people will feedback their thoughts / commenst and any bugs that might be found.

I will then look to add other modules in Beta 0.2

is this ready yet.cant wait :wacko: im getting all cranky.

just finished wiring the switch into my cable, hope it still works on both modules as it did!.

cant wait for the new software

I'm still hoping to get the first version out today, but my daughter has been ill all day so my coding / testing time has been very limited.

As this is the first verion, i only want to release the software to a few people, no more than 5 or 6.

If you are interested in Beta testing and understand that the software is likely to contain bugs and if your interested in helping to make the software better please send me a PM with your email address.

Please keep any further ideas coming, and i'll see what is possible to implement.

Would it be possible to have the power fold mirrors fold-in when the car is locked?

I had a courtesy car this would of been ideal to test! Did test elm on it for features that I probably wouldn't try on mine.

hi Psyence

Do you by any chance have any programs that will allow me to change settings like we can on our focus's mk2's that will work with the current fiesta model.

I want to fiddle around with my g/f's 2009 fiesta style lol

Jamie

Anyone (civil-zz, Psyence, ...) willing to share required knowledge, algorithms etc. so we could create Android application capable of re-configuring AS-BUILT data just like Windows applications do? It's pretty inconvenient to carry laptop to my car while I could just do everything via ELM327 bluetooth dongle and my Android phone? Personally I am capable of Android programming should special timings. etc not be needed for serial communications.

I'm still hoping to get the first version out today, but my daughter has been ill all day so my coding / testing time has been very limited.

As this is the first verion, i only want to release the software to a few people, no more than 5 or 6.

If you are interested in Beta testing and understand that the software is likely to contain bugs and if your interested in helping to make the software better please send me a PM with your email address.

PM sent

Anyone (civil-zz, Psyence, ...) willing to share required knowledge, algorithms etc. so we could create Android application capable of re-configuring AS-BUILT data just like Windows applications do? It's pretty inconvenient to carry laptop to my car while I could just do everything via ELM327 bluetooth dongle and my Android phone? Personally I am capable of Android programming should special timings. etc not be needed for serial communications.

Hi Jarp,

To get started the first thing i recommend is reading up on the ELM327 device spec and the OBD / CAN communication specs.

Once you understand how to get the basic communication functioning, i'll be able to answer more questions.

hi Psyence

Do you by any chance have any programs that will allow me to change settings like we can on our focus's mk2's that will work with the current fiesta model.

I want to fiddle around with my g/f's 2009 fiesta style lol

Jamie

Hi James,

Sorry but the current version of the software only supports the Focus Mk 2 & its variants (C-max etc). Once the software matures i may try to add more functionality. I believe that the configuration parameters for the Fiesta are stored differently from the Focus, so it is not a small undertaking to understand where in memory the different settings are stored.

The DTC (fault code) side of my software may work, but i haven't tested it on any other car yet.

Kool it sounds good so far

If not the fiesta then the mk3 hopefully will be covered later on

Jamie

Hi,

Just came across this at the weekend, and I've got to say well done to all those involved in the software creation and the advice on this mod.

I own a Focus Mk3, and thought I'd try it on that, so purchased the ELM327 cable, and modified it with the switch yesterday.

I had the software downloaded and working, but alas it will not mod the MK3.

The ELMconfig software will read the OBD stuff, and the DTC codes, but is unable to get into the GEM or HEC bits.

Fingers crossed one of the software developers on here will look into the Focus MK3 in the future.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Jon.

well i sincerely hope so :-)

I have until next wednesday to sort a mod out for the mk3 !!

thanks Jamieson but iam definetly a jamie :-)

• 2 weeks later...

psyence.

Is your software going to be ready for general release soon. would like to try some of its features.

or are you still looking for more Beta testers. Please let me know I would still be interested.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club