Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Yes Mulder add upto level 3 see if it displays then.

Do the test mode and see what version your HEC is mine is version V508, test mode meaning the Dash trick to scroll through HEC data , it might be that your HEC version is not high enough

Thanks Preee.

But which item is HEC data in Dash test mode?? Is ROM level?

Could you show me some pictures for me?

I think it would be useful for me checking.

Thank you.

WOW this took a long time to read!!

I've downloaded the DLL and ELMCONFIG files - they all work.

I dont have a lead so was trying to play around offline.

I've gone to that website and entered my VIN and got the settings, but im stuggling on how to open / import them into ELM program?

Thanks if anyone can help!

Yes Mulder add upto level 3 see if it displays then.

Do the test mode and see what version your HEC is mine is version V508, test mode meaning the Dash trick to scroll through HEC data , it might be that your HEC version is not high enough

Hi Preee,

I checked the ROM level is 0512.

Does it mean higher version?

Hi Preee,

I checked the ROM level is 0512.

Does it mean higher version?

Yes i believe so

WOW this took a long time to read!!

I've downloaded the DLL and ELMCONFIG files - they all work.

I dont have a lead so was trying to play around offline.

I've gone to that website and entered my VIN and got the settings, but im stuggling on how to open / import them into ELM program?

Thanks if anyone can help!

To use your As-Built data , you need to look at ELM-FF2 program not ELMconfig program. As in page one of the guide.

ELMconfig program allows you to Save your current configuration , which is advisable when you do get a cable

Pseyence

Having problems with ms canbus car does not like it and alarm light flashes repeatedly.

Hi Preee,

there was some small update (ELMConfig 0.1.1.8), it's availible through the previous link (http://civil.iffc.ru...g/ELMConfig.zip).

Changes:

- working with HCM module, including headlamp autocorrector calibration

- fix bug which appeared if the echo was already switched off in ELM327 settings

- the full bus loging during the work is now availible

- DllPack has gone in past, now universal RuntimePack with installer is used (all Windows versions) (http://civil.iffc.ru...RuntimePack.exe)

Civil ,

thanks for the update, the headlamp autocorrector do i just select HID as my car has factory HID and then select focus facelfit?

what is the AFS option?

Civil don't worry just tried out and it automatically read me settings.

When you calibrate the lights do need to have the car on level ground?

Teabags, I think, no. You calibrate zero condition - headlamp state which autocorrector will keep..

Hi, thanks previously for pointing out the diagnostics.. a bit of a "fail" on my part lol

I hadnt noticed it, and it was the thing I needed... cleared a couple of DTCS now :)

I was recieving engine failure, and my OBDII software couldnt find any DTCs.. although funnily enough same device using ElmCONFIG and FDS found the DTC's fine.

I am intermittently recieving "engine failure" lol the other day I couldnt clear it.. took 4 ignition cycles before it went away, and ScanXL couldnt find anything.

But ive now cleared all errors.. will see what ones come back.

had steering angle sensor failure.. i dont think this was actual fault, its probably triggered by the EHPAS when you stall and quickly restart as ive had steering failure come up.

had one on the HEC regarding unprogrammed keys.. I think that was from when I brought the car, I had an extra key made up... but I stupidly thought at the time, like the MK1 focus with 2 keys you could self program a 3rd.. wrong! lol so thats what triggered that.

and last error was on the PCM.. saying Throttle Position/Pedal sensor failure.. now because its a TDCi there is no Throttle position sensor.. so I guess it means my Throttle pedal needs replacing.. and probabbly what is causing the engine failure error... as engine isnt going into limp home mode.

cleared them all anyway, if throttle sensor comes back I know its that :) so Im really thankfull to those who have written these great software programs.. as soon as I have my cable modified i will try out the H-Can stuff.

its really going to help me later on!.. lol because i intend on swapping the engine bay loom to enable me to retrofit washer level sensor and HID headlamps, levelling sensors, and the headlamp washers.. also gonna swap interior loom, so I can have the folding mirrors.. so this software will allow me to enable all these things.

could probably go whole hog and add keyfree as well with this software lol, but I dont know if I will in case I end up with a car that is un-usable.

Only been able to connect to the HS-Can so far, as ive not done the wiring mod yet... lol well I tried to, I had an OBD Cable which connects to my obd device.. and rather than modifiying the device I tried to modify the serial cable so I could switch cables... until I found out the cable I was trying to modify, the last 3 wires I connected up on the OBDII connector end, was not connected the other end inside the moulded COM Plug.. so now waiting for a rewirable RS232 connector to arrive and I can finish it off :)

BUT

with unmodified cable, ive managed to enable DDS, the phone...radio/rds in the level 3 cluster display, as well as the 117km/h notification.

im going to also enable fuel cap, as I assume that is a notification for when the fuel filler flap is left open?

Only other query I have is... what are all those options "not used" for?

if they mean nothing, when I loaded up my configuration, from the car before modifying lots of those "not used" ones I found was ticked?

So they must be for something, if when I pulled the configuration.. it ticked those boxes saying "not used"

Hi.

I've been folowing this topic for a while now and have managed to activate a few things like instant mpg, windows heating auto switch on and auto-door locking, I cant get global window close/open to work but that could be beacuse I have the mk2 3 door model. I've noticed that the programs show transponder serial numbers that are programmed in, is there a way to find out the serial number using the obd2 connection for non-paired keys? I'm trying to program a new key to my car, I've got the central locking to work but cant get the PATS to turn off

i want to buy new speedo and programe to my car.what would it come under on the programe ?

can some one please tell me how i need to reprogram new speedos.Ive just bought a new set and want to get them in

Hey guys,

I found the English version of ELM-FF2 program.

I put it on my space and link as below:

http://www.mediafire...t2xryfy3132h491

Enjoy it!! :D

Is it legit? Isn't going to be in any way less reliable than the Russian version?

Just ordered the cable from eBay... I really want instantaneous fuel consumption readouts on my mk2. Although auto-door lock sounds appealing too.

But I'm right in saying that the fuel consumption reading will work plug-and-play, but the auto-door lock will require the re-wiring of the plug?

Is it legit? Isn't going to be in any way less reliable than the Russian version?

I think it is legal because this program is free and claim on it.

It just translate from Russian to English, it should be stable as Russian version.

I think it is legal because this program is free and claim on it.

It just translate from Russian to English, it should be stable as Russian version.

Fair enough. Before I seen your post I was actually going to go about finding the source code (if it indeed was free-source) and putting the translations into the program myself.

Fair enough. Before I seen your post I was actually going to go about finding the source code (if it indeed was free-source) and putting the translations into the program myself.

Hey mate, you are so considerately. :)

Actually, I would like to find the source code but I can't find anything.

Besides, I may write a program by myself if I have enough knowledge and resources.

Maybe one day you will see my program in the future. :D

Just maybe. :P

Hi guys. I have been reading this forum and im amazed with it.

Now quick question has anyone turn the Autolight and wipers successfully?

If so how was it done im kinda confused... Yes i have retrofitted since all the wiring is there.

Cheers

Hi guys. I have been reading this forum and im amazed with it.

Now quick question has anyone turn the Autolight and wipers successfully?

If so how was it done im kinda confused... Yes i have retrofitted since all the wiring is there.

Cheers

My car has these features, so I don't activate them.

Does your car have these features?

The autolight and wipers need sensors. If you have these sensors, you should activate them.

Or, you would activate nothing.

Yeah i have all the sensor and Switch i was just curious to see.

The reason i asked its because Ford last time tried to activate it and my headlights stayed on and would not do anything.....

I'll give it a go once i get the elm327

If anyone has done it please let me know....

Cable has arrived!

Just waiting on the mrs getting home as I use Linux and she uses Windows - and the cheeky bugger doesn't let me know her password. There is a program in Linux that lets me run the program and I can fiddle about with it in offline mode, but I'd rather use a Windows just to do it the tried and tested way from this forum. I'll use the Russian version of FF2 too, just incase the recently uploaded English version has new bugs incorporated or something.

Anyway, all I really want to do for now is add the instantaneous fuel read-out and tyre pressure warning to my pre-facelift Focus, as it is my understanding from this thread that you must modify the ELM327 cable in order to do other stuff like auto-lock doors, etc? Is that right?

Anyway, just to be completely sure, is this my procedure:

1) Connect ELM327 to computer via USB

2) Go into control panel and check devices to get the COM port for the device

3) Plug ELM327 into the OBDII port in my car below the steering wheel

4) Run FF2 on the laptop, enter car VIN number, the COM port from the control panel (in form COM#)

5) Set bitrate to 38400

6) Turn ignition on without starting car

7) Click ONLINE on FF2

8) Go to Configuration tab, then IPC tab

9) Click "READ CAR CONFIGURATION"

10) Check tyre pressure warning and instant fuel reading and anything else I want to turn on/off

11) Click "WRITE CAR CONFIGURATION"

12) Close program, unhook cable from computer and car, take car for a run, and test out the new features?

Am I missing anything important?!

Oh, and anybody with a pre-facelift managed to do this successfully before me? Mostly lucky face-lift owners on here!

Just done it and it was a success. Wee bit disappointed that it shows instant fuelin gallons per hour rather than an instantaneous mpg... Anybody know if you can get it to show that instead????

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club