Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

On my mk2.5 it only shows gallons per hour on idle. Once you start moving it changes to miles per gallon.

On my mk2.5 it only shows gallons per hour on idle. Once you start moving it changes to miles per gallon.

Oh that could be the issue... I haven't avtually driven the car since updating... Only sat at idle. Silly me. Will go for a run today.

Yeah i have all the sensor and Switch i was just curious to see.

The reason i asked its because Ford last time tried to activate it and my headlights stayed on and would not do anything.....

I'll give it a go once i get the elm327

If anyone has done it please let me know....

I am thinking about retrofitting this, yesterday I checked to see if the wires are there and they are. So now the sensors are about 20 quid on eBay but also need the auto dimming mirror as it covers the wiring. Then it looks like you can activate it using civil's software, just one tick box for rain sensor and one for lights

Might have more boxes but I only read through quickly

Cheers guys... I cant wait to get the ELM, but i would like to be sure if there is other boxes we need to tick to activate them...

Aye, took it out a run and it does change to mpg when moving - SILLY ME!

Now just need to rewire the ELM and play about with other setting :P.

Cheers guys... I cant wait to get the ELM, but i would like to be sure if there is other boxes we need to tick to activate them...

I am not 100% sure, but if you look in the fuse box in the engine bay, on the back of the lid there is a diagram showing what each fuse and relay does. I think for the rain / light sensor to work, you need to fit a relay to socket R3.

Anyone with auto wipe feature could you please have a look for this relay.

Then just the two tick boxes in the GEM module should do it

I am not 100% sure, but if you look in the fuse box in the engine bay, on the back of the lid there is a diagram showing what each fuse and relay does. I think for the rain / light sensor to work, you need to fit a relay to socket R3.

Anyone with auto wipe feature could you please have a look for this relay.

Then just the two tick boxes in the GEM module should do it

Hmm, don't think so - I don't have a fuse in R3 and I have auto-wipers.

post-30808-0-97993300-1342434273_thumb.j

No idea WHAT R3 is supposed to represent - on my fusebox lid the symbols is just a lamp with an R in it, with two little drops coming out of it.

On this subject, does anyone know the plug and pin out numbers on the GEM for light/rain sensor ?? Not a big job to make a loom and run it up to the screen as i dont have it pre wired......The sensor uses 3 wires just need to know where to run them to ?

Yeah after a second look at the little image it could be to do with the bi xenon auto leveling system

Still not sure though, need someone with an st3 as they will most likely have every relay

Not sure where the gem module is, could have a look if I know where to look :)

I've got manual air con on my Focus, and many times when I put the fan on and turn it to cold/hot, it automatically puts the air con on, even when not necessary. Sometimes takes me a few minutes to notice, and probably wastes a lot of fuel in the process.

Anyway, anybody know if I can use the software to disable this feature and have it so that the aircon ONLY goes on when I purposefully press the a/c button?

Yeah after a second look at the little image it could be to do with the bi xenon auto leveling system

Still not sure though, need someone with an st3 as they will most likely have every relay

Not sure where the gem module is, could have a look if I know where to look :)

sorry to take this slightly off topic,

but you plan to fit some Bi-Xenon headlight units,

does this mean you will be selling your stock black headlight units in the future?

Think we've had this convo before?? If not then no I'm gona keep them for when it goes for servivece etc.. Sorry mate.

I found out yesterday that the shift up light works!!! When you get to 6500 rpm lol haha

sorry to take this slightly off topic,

but you plan to fit some Bi-Xenon headlight units,

does this mean you will be selling your stock black headlight units in the future?

Stock BLACK?!?!

Stock BLACK?!?!

yes mate,

i currently have stock chrome but i want stock black because im fitting some colour coded light brows from CSR automotive and i would love to have the black headlights to go with them.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34503-csr-automotive-light-brows-focus-mk25/page__hl__%2Bcsr+%2Bautomotive__fromsearch__1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There. Anyone here has a ford Focus ST with autolights feature, could someone please take a photo of the fuse box inside glove box and outside in the engine bay.

I would like to see if i'm missing any relays of fuses before i turn this feature on.

You help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

As far as i know for the autolight feature you need the light/rain sensor (including all wiring) and the light switch with AUTO position.

If your car hasn't got these parts the autolights feature wil not work.

My MK2 has the autolight feature combined with the original daytime running lights. When the light switch is at the AUTO position the headlamps are always burning at 80%. When it becomes dark enough the other lights (tail lights, dashboard lights) are switched on automatically and the headlamps start burning at 100%.

The DRL feature on UK cars is not active with Auto lights, although a Wiring Mod can be done , for which Pidu has a guide on here to do.

Hi There. Anyone here has a ford Focus ST with autolights feature, could someone please take a photo of the fuse box inside glove box and outside in the engine bay.

I would like to see if i'm missing any relays of fuses before i turn this feature on.

You help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

its the relay on the left r something at the back of the fuse box,pm me your email il send pic

I have all the parts retrofitted just need to know if i need any relays. That's why i ask kindly if anyone has an ST 2007 model could i please have a look at the photos so i can compare with mine to see if im missing anything on the fuse boxes inside and outside bonnet.

Cheers

Hello there!

Thank you for all your work on this guide.

I've managed to use this program to activate the instant MPG, etc.. on my mk2 focus.

I'd like to go further and activate the other features but this requires the mod to the elm327 cable.

I'm not brilliant at soldering and stuff and was wondering, is there a modified cable that I can buy online somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Hello there!

I've managed to use this program to activate the instant MPG, etc.. on my mk2 focus.

I'd like to go further and activate the other features but this requires the mod to the elm327 cable.

I'm not brilliant at soldering and stuff and was wondering, is there a modified cable that I can buy online somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

It's honestly not that difficult to solder it. Follow the guide - it's easier than it first seems. And if you screw it up, it's not THAT much more to get a new cable and try again.

Hello there!

Thanks for your help.

It's not matter of modifying a cable, but ELM327 interface itself - see first post in this topic.

If you really don't want to solder, then you can reallocate wires (swap a pair of CAN-HS with a pair of wires responsible for CAN-MS) in diagnostic socket, but remember to put them later in right order (just in case of a real failure your could be diagnosed with IDS) - I suggest to label wires and pay attention not to short cut them :)

Yeah the interface I meant. Just bought a soldering iron and all the bits from wilkos. Having a go tonight.

Ryan , it's easy enough. Practice soldering on some spare wires you will soon get the hang of it.