Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

If the adapter is homemade and they won't ship them out then i guess that is the end of the story , does not look home made unless they have just modified a standard adapter

Translated some of the pdf. Says it transfer highspeed and lowspeed can

Translated some of the pdf. Says it transfer highspeed and lowspeed can

maybe it's an ELM327 cable with the same mod completed as this thread.

maybe it's an ELM327 cable with the same mod completed as this thread.

2. Hardware Description.

Adapter built in a translucent body OBD-connector factory performance. The board

LEDs, reflecting modes. Connecting to a computer - via USB. food

provided from USB-port. Consumption during the message, not more than 70-80 mA. By car

adapter is connected via the diagnostic OBD-II connector for a "fast" and "slow» CAN-bus

(transmission rate of 500 kbit / s and 125 kbit / s, respectively). Switching between the tires in

the work is done automatically depending on the function.

Indication for operation (LED) - for the old version of the board:

For the new version of the adapter display simplified and only contains two LEDs:

A). Red - Display data from the PC adapter and back.

B). Green or other colors - Display mode: frequent blinking - the adapter is active and rare - in passive mode (disconnected from bus).

post-36292-0-10756800-1346738044_thumb.j

Hello~guys

does anyone knows how to turn on/off the indicator flash when lock/unlock ?

because after wrote...i found my car doesn't flash when i lock the car.

thanks...........

Hello~guys

does anyone knows how to turn on/off the indicator flash when lock/unlock ?

because after wrote...i found my car doesn't flash when i lock the car.

thanks...........

ELMConfig GEM/page 2

Ok so ... there it goes.

Ordered on amazon an ELM interface. Came in in a week or so. Did the cabling/soldering myself. All seems fine.

Now, there comes the fun part:

- Putty connects to it on COM3 but I can't type anything and doesn't seem to take any commands.

- In FF2 software it won't read configuration.

- In ELM config it said "correct response from ELM timed. Received response to request "AT WS": '''' "

Any idea what could be wrong?

Now another question. I've seen in your pics, allot of you have ELM 327 rev.1.5a. I've received 1.4b. No idea that there were more revisions and that I needed 1.5a if this is my problem.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi

Isnt it about time that elmconfig etc etc ff2 etc be created for the Current Focus.

I have waited for ages.

Jamie

Hello guys,

I get a problem in HS-CAN mode. :(

In this mode, I can't read/write anything in "Modules" page from my car, ELMConfig always returns such message shown in following figure. But anything in "EODB" page is fine.

Actually, I can read/write BCM/HEC two days ago, and I enabled IFE successfully..

So, what's wrong with my ELM327 or my CAR??

Thanks for your help....

BTW: MS-CAN works fine, I can reach those MS-CAN modules in ELMConfig.

Sorry for missing figure, I can't upload local file.

The message says:

Correct response from ELM timed.

Received response to request "22 E2 1A"

"27 10 27 10 27 10 27 10

27 10 27 10 27 10 27 10

07 62 E2 1A 38 4D 35 31

27 10 27 10 27 10 27 10

27 10 27 10 27 10 27 10

27 10 27 10 27 10 "

Try a different port number see if that helps

f_ck! what made you believe that new wheel + ticks in HEC and GEM with elmconfig would give you CC???

I suggest to read more ;)

ps.

you need to enable CC also in PCM, but as for now, only IDS can do that, so go to Ford dealer

It worked for me with just HEC & Gem using Elmconfig........

Hello ~~ Preee

which one option......thanks

Well it should be "Turn Indicator three flash mode"

I goes you guys have no clue about my problem ... :unsure:

You may have a faulty cable or problems on your computer , we did not make the program therefore can't advise on error reports.

On ELMConfig top right of the program is the ability to send the required putty requests direct to the ELM with one single button press , connect your cable to the computer start the program in off line mode wait to its connected to the port and click the button.It will send the commands to the ELM with out needing to use Putty.

Lastly double check your wiring on the ELM

Hm… Am I right in thinking the software and modded ELM device will work on a Mondeo Mk4?

If so, am I right in guessing it's only a matter of rock'n'roll using the same connector modifications?

Hi guys. I am just wondering if anyone could find which "zeros and ones" are necessary to make the powerfold mirror to open/close with the all windows open/close with remote feature. I checked the electric schematic of the Focus and the button gives information to the electric mirror unit and is the unit that send the signal to fold the mirror. It should be posible to send the information to that unit when you use the all windows open/close feature.

Another issue I have is in the dashboard. When I enter the dashboard hidden menu I get a "NVM level Fail" error blinking. I have NVM target ROM 0243 and the car is a Focus 2.0 tdci.

Can anone help me?

I have a Focus ST, bought the EML unit, modified it with the wiring in the first post. Ran all the putty commands and that worked fine.

Connected it to my ST and i can read and enable things from the GEM & RCM but it's the HEC that has all the fun stuff. When i try to read the HEC section it say CAN ERROR.

Just wondering what i have to do with the wiring i made, when i touch the two wires together i get engine malfunction on the screen in the car and still cant read the HEC, i just start the car and the engine malfunction goes away.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Fitted passenger airbag deactivation to my RS today and using this software and my modified cable to activate the switches (as per Ford). This software and cable modification saved me £££ and a trip to local dealer!!!

Thanks,

Nitemare. :D

post-36384-0-57582800-1347105223_thumb.j

Can anone help me?

I have a Focus ST, bought the EML unit, modified it with the wiring in the first post. Ran all the putty commands and that worked fine.

Connected it to my ST and i can read and enable things from the GEM & RCM but it's the HEC that has all the fun stuff. When i try to read the HEC section it say CAN ERROR.

Just wondering what i have to do with the wiring i made, when i touch the two wires together i get engine malfunction on the screen in the car and still cant read the HEC, i just start the car and the engine malfunction goes away.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Are you running the programming with the engine on or off?

When I run my bluetooth scanner with my engine off it comes up with can error so maybe the same with you?

i have figured out what i am doing wrong.

It's the switch problem. I dont have a switch installed at the moment, so i have just bare wires.

Here is how they are connected at the moment:

Wire 3 is connected and taped to Wire Can-H

Wire 11 is connected and taped to Wire Can-L

Wire 6 & Wire 14 are not connected to anything, just taped up.

I cant figure out the switch diagram below and what wires need connecting to where for

- Can L

- Off

- Can H

Anyone help?

elmmod.png

Here's another picture i made , shows better where each wore should go

wire-1.jpg

Fitted passenger airbag deactivation to my RS today and using this software and my modified cable to activate the switches (as per Ford). This software and cable modification saved me £££ and a trip to local dealer!!!

Thanks,

Nitemare. :D

post-36384-0-57582800-1347105223_thumb.j

How much did you spent? Can you tell us which parts you had bought?

OK here are parts required for airbag deactivation:

Hope this helps??

Nitemare ;)

Hi.

I'm a newbie Kuga owner.

Thanks to this guide I can now activate all the features on my Kuga that Ford wanted both my gonads as payment to activate.

Last thing I want to do is add another key fob to the system.

I have keyless entry and I can't see any options in the elm327 software to add fobs.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

FuF.