Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Passive anti theft system. i'm sure updating would not have touched it as it would just be updating the Rom data and not the config , and as you have already updated .

With Rom 509 if you turn Eco mode on and shift light then , the Shift light should show green at 2000rpm to tell you to change gear Economically

The firmware update only erases and writes the data on the flash memory of the instrument cluster. The PATS data is stored in the EEPROM of the instrument cluster. the EEPROM remains untouched during the update. So after the update the PATS doesn't need reprogramming.

Updated ROM using updated software. Thanks.

Nitemare. ;)

Kindly Liam was going to do this upgrade for me today but work got in the way of me going to the Blackpool Ford Show, interesting to see what this upgrade does, pretty clever stuff!

You can download new version of ELMconfig from HERE.

For connecting a instrument cluster on the kitchen table like i do you have to connect the 12 volt positive and negative wires from a 12 volt DC source to the correct pins of both the ELM327 and the instrument cluster. You must also connect the HS-CAN wires between the ELM327 and the correct pins of the instrument cluster. I have made a set of adapter cables from scrap car connectors. With thes cables i can connect several modules (instrument cluster, radio, etcetera).

For connecting the instrument cluster you have to connect the following pins.

Pin 4 = 12 volt positive

Pin 6 = 12 volt negative

Pin 17 = HS-CAN negative

Pin 18 = HS-CAN positive

do you connect to the wires inside the box or the diagnostic end ?

how do you update the ROM to get the eco light?

found it, HEC > Procedures > Page 2

do you connect to the wires inside the box or the diagnostic end ?

I am using a OBD2 connector and a instrument cluster connector from a scrap Focus MK2. I have connected the right pins (positive, negative and HS-CAN) of these connectors with each other and connected a external 12 volt power source to the positive and negative wires.

This way i can connect the instrument cluster connector to the instrument cluster and the ELM327 to the OBD2 connector. When i put 12 volt power on the positive and negative wires the instrument cluster display lights up and the instrument cluster can be fully diagnosed with ELMconfig.

OK, so did the update earlier and now have ECOmode in my menu....shift,anticipation and speed are there but doesn't seem to do very much ? No shift light either ? Missing something or maybe need PCM update too ?........

When you switch ignoring on do you see the green arrow ?

Just checked and no green arrow at ignition on.......?

I have a 2008 Focus 2.0 TDci so I have no Eco-mode nor eco shift light. When I turn the ignition on the up arrow only lights in red and 2010 Focus lights both in red and green.

Does this update to the HEC works in my car? Will the Eco-mode work also on 2.0TDci? As far as I remebed, here in Portugal, there where only 1.6 TDci Econetic that had the Eco-mode. I already activated the Eco-mode on 2010 1.6 TDci that were no Econetic but will it work on 2.0 TDci?

I would love to have the eco-mode and the shift up light on my car but I only will update when I am 100% that the upgrade will not brick my car as I need it to work!

Regards.

Ok, did the self test and i don't have the green arrow in my display....so that explains that i guess ? Eco mode is working though, as my flower petals are starting increase :)

Hello from Greece. I'm thinking to order the ELM327 car diagnostic reader tool for enable in my C-MAX the instant fuel consumption & auto lock but i have some doubts about using the diagnostic tool....

1)The cable modification is really necessary ; If the ELM327 tool used as received (from the buyer) the programming options are fewer;

2) The "PuTTy" program is required for configuring ELM327 in the win XP also ;

3) Which of the 2 (ELM-FF2 - ELMconfig) programs should use to enable instant fuel consumption & auto lock features; What is the difference between them ;

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello from Greece. I'm thinking to order the ELM327 car diagnostic reader tool for enable in my C-MAX the instant fuel consumption & auto lock but i have some doubts about using the diagnostic tool....

1)The cable modification is really necessary ; If the ELM327 tool used as received (from the buyer) the programming options are fewer;

2) The "PuTTy" program is required for configuring ELM327 in the win XP also ;

3) Which of the 2 (ELM-FF2 - ELMconfig) programs should use to enable instant fuel consumption & auto lock features; What is the difference between them ;

Thanks in advance for your help

1)You only need to mod the ELM327 so it can read/write the HS-Can and the MS-Can

2) "Putty" is not mandatory. I never used Putty or ELM-FF2. I used only ELMConfig as there is also a button there to Setup Elm327 to MS-Can Bus.

3) You can use either of the softwares. You can also use FDS. The software I like the most is ELM Config and with the newer 0.1.2 version it makes things that other don't. FDS is also very easy to use and has the capability of downloading your "As Built". To activate instant fuel consumption and auto lock you can use FDS but I think you can'r change the locking speed. You can do that in ELM Config.

I have a 2008 Focus 2.0 TDci so I have no Eco-mode nor eco shift light. When I turn the ignition on the up arrow only lights in red and 2010 Focus lights both in red and green.

Does this update to the HEC works in my car? Will the Eco-mode work also on 2.0TDci? As far as I remebed, here in Portugal, there where only 1.6 TDci Econetic that had the Eco-mode. I already activated the Eco-mode on 2010 1.6 TDci that were no Econetic but will it work on 2.0 TDci?

I would love to have the eco-mode and the shift up light on my car but I only will update when I am 100% that the upgrade will not brick my car as I need it to work!

Regards.

I see that Richiemac updates his S-Max with 1.8 TDci engine... Were there any 1.8 TDci Econetic sold? Will this also work in 2.0 TDci? Anyone already updated with success?

I see that Richiemac updates his S-Max with 1.8 TDci engine... Were there any 1.8 TDci Econetic sold? Will this also work in 2.0 TDci? Anyone already updated with success?

I updated Focus 2008 not S- Max.........Elmconfig will not work on S-Max.

1)You only need to mod the ELM327 so it can read/write the HS-Can and the MS-Can

2) "Putty" is not mandatory. I never used Putty or ELM-FF2. I used only ELMConfig as there is also a button there to Setup Elm327 to MS-Can Bus.

3) You can use either of the softwares. You can also use FDS. The software I like the most is ELM Config and with the newer 0.1.2 version it makes things that other don't. FDS is also very easy to use and has the capability of downloading your "As Built". To activate instant fuel consumption and auto lock you can use FDS but I think you can'r change the locking speed. You can do that in ELM Config.

nuno8210, thanks for your info. I just bought the ELM327 tool .

I updated Focus 2008 not S- Max.........Elmconfig will not work on S-Max.

Sorry... got confused about your photo!!

I keep wondering if the update it will work on a 2.0 TDci as it has a 6 speed gearbox instead of the 5 speed gearbox of the 1.6 TDci and the 1.8 TDci. It should matter on the gear changing...

Just finish the reading of 42 pages and checking the ELMconfig program. To enable the auto lock, the feature must be checked in the GEM / PAGE 2 -> Autolocking enable by customer . Am i correct ; I can not find the feature for enable instant fuel consumption display......

Just finish the reading of 42 pages and checking the ELMconfig program. To enable the auto lock, the feature must be checked in the GEM / PAGE 2 -> Autolocking enable by customer . Am i correct ; I can not find the feature for enable instant fuel consumption display......

The Autolock you can set the three boxes in the GEM>PAge 2.

The instant fuel is in the HEC>PAge 1> Trip Computer-IFE

nuno8210 thanks for your support. Ι'm thinking to use the FDS program. You are right , is the most easy one. Now waiting the ELM327 tool to arrive.....

Also many thanks to Preee , Psyence, civil-zz for the great work!!!!!!!!

Hello~Guys

any one occur "dashboard not supported" when update ROM ?

my car is 11" focus TDCi PS......thanks