Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I guess i'm using whatever software came with my Laptop, I have an Asus Eee pc, will toshiba software work on this? Cheers

No switch? Never thought of that but it should still connect.

The Toshiba software should work on most PCs and I got it from The Bay.

Check you COM port number too.

Also did you reconfigure with elmconfig ? Just a thought.

I have found a suppler that will do the modded ELMs and send them out for £25 including postage to the UK only if anyones interested ;)

Also

Does anyone know how to change the speed at which the auto lock activates as I cant change mine and get this error message

post-5052-0-91793900-1350714209_thumb.jp

Who is the supplier? I would prob get one at that price!

Hi just a question is any gem module work with any car if all the info is copped to the new one ?

Hey guys

Great work on all this its really impressive. Are you able to Program The SRM module (bluetooth) rather do it using the cable than pay £87 to FORD

Thank you OP for this guide, it has worked out for me perfectly!

I have also modified my ELM327 and wired up everything as per the wiring diagram and customised the housing to also incorporate the 3way toggle switch (no loose wires!)

Can't wait to see how this all evolves in the future.

post-37929-0-71403800-1351135668_thumb.j

Hey guys

Great work on all this its really impressive. Are you able to Program The SRM module (bluetooth) rather do it using the cable than pay £87 to FORD

What do you want to program in the bluetooth module? If you have the bluetooth module the only thing you can do it update the firmware to the latest version that supports BT audio (streaming). Is that what you want?

What do you want to program in the bluetooth module? If you have the bluetooth module the only thing you can do it update the firmware to the latest version that supports BT audio (streaming). Is that what you want?

I would like to know how this is done please :)

That just provides stability updates. The streaming needs to be installed separately but I'm unsure how to do this.

That just provides stability updates. The streaming needs to be installed separately but I'm unsure how to do this.

When you update to latest version you will get BT Audio also when you press the CD/USB button on your radio. My 2008 Focus didn't have that option before update and it has it now! Now I have CD/USB/BT Audio/Line-iPod.

I used the link to eBay for the guy selling the elm327's serious hike in price???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250925123902?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&clk_rvr_id=403646947860&afsrc=1

£210.99??

As there are loads listed can I order any? various prices, some with software etc. Do I need any of this?

Or can I just order a lead and forget the rest of the stuff?

Mnay Thanks

I'm sure it's more of a listing error here's one for less than 10 pound

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-5-ELM327-OBD2-OBDII-USB-Cable-Software-Car-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-Tool-/170921702818?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item27cbba35a2

It's the only thing you need and it will come with a software disc mostly demo versions of OBD scanning software.Some of i's not too bad.

Does anyone can provide part number of KVM (keyless vehicle module)??

thanks.

When you update to latest version you will get BT Audio also when you press the CD/USB button on your radio. My 2008 Focus didn't have that option before update and it has it now! Now I have CD/USB/BT Audio/Line-iPod.

Can I ask what module version you updated and how you did this?

I have an early '08 Mk2.5 and have the original module that did not support BT streaming or audio by USB - I then purchased a USB compatible module but this doen't work very well with my Voice Control.... I suspect the loom / pin layout differs from the 09 focus.

Stu

Can I ask what module version you updated and how you did this?

I have an early '08 Mk2.5 and have the original module that did not support BT streaming or audio by USB - I then purchased a USB compatible module but this doen't work very well with my Voice Control.... I suspect the loom / pin layout differs from the 09 focus.

Stu

My car is a late 2008 model. It has bluetooth and voice control. And in the centre console it has USB and line in.

I only had to download the files from Ford (links above in other member post) and put the files in a usb pen drive. Follow the instructions the the radio will show the information "updating". Wait for about 20 minutes and you will have a updated bluetooth firmware.

Hello All,

I've got a lead and modded from the guide with a switch.

I plugged lead into laptop and drivers installed.

Then I went to car plugged lead in

pligged lead into laptop

ran ELMConfig.exe selected english

selected com1 from port drop down and 38400 and clicked open port

I receive error:

Capture.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Also when do I have to actually use the switch? Do I plug into car in centre position?

Many thanks

Hello All,

I've got a lead and modded from the guide with a switch.

I plugged lead into laptop and drivers installed.

Then I went to car plugged lead in

pligged lead into laptop

ran ELMConfig.exe selected english

selected com1 from port drop down and 38400 and clicked open port

I receive error:

Capture.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Also when do I have to actually use the switch? Do I plug into car in centre position?

Many thanks

Are you turning ignition on? Don't start engine but set to turn your dash on...

You use the switch to work between two different levels of CAN...ms can is one switch, hs can is the other...you can see which level of can or switch position as you look at the ELMConfig software.

Hope that helps.

Yea tried all sorts of combinations.

Lead has 1 red light when plugged into laptop if that helps

Thanks

Did you set up the elm.

Top right on elmconfig

If all else fails them remove elm port number and start again.