Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

You might want to try plugging usb cable into laptop first, open software, then plug elm cable into car...

I don't have that option top right??

Capture-1.jpg

change speed from 5000 and open port and use online

Find you com port number. Set this on elmconfig. Set port speed to 38400 then open port. What happens ?

Go into your pc's control panel and find out what the elm's port number is.

Yep sweet it loads.

i have clicked setup elm327 for ms-can bus and I reveieved adaptor setup complete message.

I assume next time I do that with plugged into car I'm set.

On the modules pages I just click "save configuration" on each of the 3 pages to be safe?

Bit late now will try again tomorrow.

Cheers for help guys! appreciate it.

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction

I got my ELM, modified it and enabled Instant Fuel and Autolocking successfully.

My switch was a Heath Robinson affair so I dismantled and tried to tidy it up

Couldn't get it to work then so decided to undo it all and revert to an unmodified state

All I can get now is a screen which I suspect tells me that it cannot connect.

The only other clue is that the pins 6 and 14 may have got reversed

Any ideas please - not too important because I have done what I bought the ELM to do, but it is a matter of principle for me to get this right.

I know - if it ain't broke etc,

post-36405-0-89917100-1351677595_thumb.j

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction

I got my ELM, modified it and enabled Instant Fuel and Autolocking successfully.

My switch was a Heath Robinson affair so I dismantled and tried to tidy it up

Couldn't get it to work then so decided to undo it all and revert to an unmodified state

All I can get now is a screen which I suspect tells me that it cannot connect.

The only other clue is that the pins 6 and 14 may have got reversed

Any ideas please - not too important because I have done what I bought the ELM to do, but it is a matter of principle for me to get this right.

I know - if it ain't broke etc,

i think the wires are suposed to be numbered.have a chk and see

Unfortunately not - these are the wires between the two plugs of the ELM

If you think you have placed the wires back in the wrong position then swap them , but have you tried ELMConfig instead of ELM-FF2.

Yes, have tried both - I thought I might get a translation for that screen first before any further butchery in case having them reversed would not have this effect.

Yes, have tried both - I thought I might get a translation for that screen first before any further butchery in case having them reversed would not have this effect.

But do you get the error with ELMConfig?

Pree, yes, I get the screen with all the ???????s

Willy, I am talking about the wires between the two plugs in their original state and do not know if I have identified 6 and 14 correctly

What marks do you have on the original wires. Picture? And I'll compare it.

Yes, thanks, that has given me the information I was after, and it looks as if I have got it right so I'll have to look elsewhere for a solution to the problem.

Incidentally, my unit is assembled totally the opposite way to yours

Had another go using ELM Config with following results.

Also read a message saying NoDTC

post-36405-0-19756600-1351760918_thumb.jpost-36405-0-13236200-1351760931_thumb.j

Hi all.

Lost track. Please whats the latest version of ELM config :unsure:

I hope it is version 0.1.2.1b, which I am using

Yes it is Stan. Have you considered getting a new one ;)

No, Willy, I have not, because I have done what I bought it for (Instant Fuel and AutoLocking) so it is only a matter of principle for me to try to fix this.

I suspect I have damaged something somewhere so if I want to change anything in the future I will consider it then

Yesterday i discovered that there has been released a new version of ELMconfig. The newest version is ELMconfig 0.1.2.1b.

This version has the ability to update the firmware of the instrument cluster to the newest firmware (0509). The firmware update is only suitable for the Focus MK2.5 instrument cluster (and the C-max and Kuga clusters with the same design) . This update contains some new options like the Ford ECO mode which was missing in previous firmware versions.

Today i have tried this new function on a spare instrument cluster which is (on the kitchen table) connected to a modified ELM327 and a 12 volt power source. The first time i tried the update it wasn't working correctly. The progam came with a fault code and exited the procedure. I discovered the solution for this was to disconnect the internet connection. After i had done this the procedure worked correctly. It took 25 minutes to update the firmware

Hello, my instrument rom also want to use ELMconfgi upgrade to 0509, in accordance with the method, I do not have a successful upgrade, I ask you is how to do it?

I use a chip is the USB interface for CP1202 ELM327 can be connected to ELMconfig0.1.2.1b, 38400 connection. But click start, and an error occurs, see Fig.

p3.jpg

But with FTDI USB interface chip ELM327 no matter what speed are not connected on ELMconfig.

p4.jpgp5.jpg

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hello, first sorry for my English.

I'm the owner of a focus from spain, I want to share a new feature that I activated with ELM327 cable, I have not seen anything about it in the post.

I've activated the alarm as if it were standard with the program elmconfig> gem configuration> part 2 activate the tab "alarm system" and the two sub-tabs below.

Now just put a switch on the hood lock, at least mine leads to the same cable but has no switch.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://imageshack.us...12092012261.jpg [/ IMG]

Missing siren is located behind the right rear seat (left hand drive) in the area where the belt goes, there is a curb faston connector serves a standard car horn.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://imageshack.us...26082012251.jpg [/ IMG]

Just need to put the sensors inside ceiling. In my forum forofocus.com no people that has focus and activated in 2005, my focus in 2009 I have not been able to test yet. Activated on the same page Elmconfig> scaning inside

This serves to focus 2005> 2012 and Kuga

Regards and fantastic forum