Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I believe there is someone who modified the same cable a couple of pages before so I would say yes.

Right. The eco-mode is only for the MK2,5. In the MK2 you can activate the instant fuel consumption and the auto door lock.

Will not work on S Max.........

Should be ok to program ..............download link https://rapidshare.c...4/ELMConfig.zip

Just run program from your desktop and get to page below.....disable screensaver and make sure your laptop battery is good or plug it into the charger, takes about 25 mins..........

Thanks for your answer Richiemac.

I have a Toshiba NB250 netbook so battery at full charge lasts more than 4 hour. ;) The rest, screensavers, and other stuff that may put the netbook on sleep also are disabled. :)

But do i really need the FTDI drivers so i can connect at 500 kb/s?

It helps me a lot ! Thank you !

I got the same switch from a local electronic shop because I didn't wanted to wait for it :)

Will not work on S Max.........

things has changed m8!!

Civil-zz has just released new version of ELMConfig with support of platform CD34x (mondeo/galaxy/s-max) - http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/ELMConfig.zip

I'm more then happy, because i have also s-max in garage :)

As far as I have heard, central configuration file in CD34x is similar to central configuration file in FF3!

Great news!! But that version of ELMConfig it still not fully translated to English...

Program is coming on great , i'm sure the extra stuff will get translated by civil-zz

Just thought id post this I found,

Updated ELMConfig. Version 0.2.2b> civil.iffc.ru .

Changes:

- Added the ability to read, modify, and maintain a central platform configuration CD34x (Ford Mondeo IV / S-Max / Galaxy) (in Russian only)

- Added ability to read and decipher codes DTC platform modules CD34x

- Added ability to read information from the platform modules CD34x

- Added ability to separate on / off sounds restaylovoy tidy (including "sound snowflakes")

- The possibility of monitoring CAN-bus with recording log

- On the Information tab for the module HEC, C1 platform added field "number of keys"

- The firmware 509 fixed displaying the letter "h" in messages RDS (firmware granted quickie, for which he thanks a lot)

- Fixed a bug that resulted in connecting could result in an error response to the request "AT L0"

- Fixed a bug that occurs when using the BCM for Ford Kuga (thanks Nikitoz78 for testing)

- Fixed the module HCM (Platform C1)

- The "Customize ELM327 to work with MS-CAN" has been moved to the initial window (next to the speed setting ELM)

- Changed the organization of the files - now located next to ELMConfig.exe folder data, which are necessary for the program files

WOW, have to try this later........have had nothing for the S Max ........untill now. Cheers Civil- zz

Thanks for the great guide Preee.

Just curious, wouldn't a double pole on/on toggle switch do the job? Is there a spesific reason to use an on/off/on type?

Yes a double pole switch would work fine. All i did was follow the original instructions with the very first program.

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/smax/ELMConfig.zip

Link to updated version with bug fixed for pre- facelift S Max............

No english yet, only for Focus, but i'm sure it'll come at some stage.

Been in contact with Civil a few times now and he's very helpful...........credit where it's due :)

I've seen it already on ffclub - I'll check with my S-max later in the evening

maybe you can check it earlier? I'm not patient :)

From screenshots from ffclub it seems that we have the same problem - my S-Max is from first year of production (January 2007), yours also?

Yes.......March 2007......very difficult on the forum using google translate as not all translates properly. I will test later.......

Can confirm that the revised program works .......bit scary as when its reading BCM, you get all sort of warnings about immobiliser and engine fault. Don't panic, just let it run its course. You'll have to reset clocks when done.......just need English translation now :) Good work Civil-zz........

Yes.......March 2007......very difficult on the forum using google translate as not all translates properly.

yes, it's difficult, because translations are sometimes awkward, but surely worth all the hassle

Thanks to this Russian forum, I retrofited many things in my FF2: Sony+BT+USB, FL dashboard, ESP, rain sensor + light sensor + new GEM, heated seats, lumbar support, strut bar, airbox from FF2 RS, power rear windows (+ door modules), AFS headlights (with swivel functionality), washer reservoir level sensor, led rear lights, noise dumping, longer rear wiper, rear disk brakes instead of drums

I will test later.......

I did!

I could read configuration file

up130481-Clipboard01-1354313655.jpg

up130481-Clipboard01_.jpg

up130481-Clipboard02.jpg

up130481-Clipboard03.jpg

up130481-Clipboard04.jpg

up130481-Clipboard05.jpg

but while reading configuration file, on dashboard display there was a message about engine fault and esp fault, also climate control was reseted and date and time set to default (01.02.2006 12:00)

is it normal?

I'm not sure, but I think that IDS doesn't behave like that

Because of that mentioned above, I wasn't brave enought to write modified configuration file ...

Can confirm that the revised program works .......bit scary as when its reading BCM, you get all sort of warnings about immobiliser and engine fault. Don't panic, just let it run its course. You'll have to reset clocks when done.......just need English translation now :) Good work Civil-zz........

I had exactly the same behaviour!

Does this hack actually works the same as using a Ford VCM IDS ? I find many of these clones being sold in China at very attractive prices.

http://www.aliexpres.../688015830.html

This very clever program does indeed do a lot of stuff , for you that a dealer won't do . Hlaf of the dealers have no idea how to even turn stuff on with IDS :) .

But no it's not exactly the same , but i'm sure civil-zz is working on that :)

Should be ok to program ..............download link https://rapidshare.c...4/ELMConfig.zip

Just run program from your desktop and get to page below.....disable screensaver and make sure your laptop battery is good or plug it into the charger, takes about 25 mins..........

Does it show progress while it is doing the update ? Any option to save the previous version before proceeding ?

Guys need help. In ELMConfig, ELM327 setup, I changed the constant speed from 38400 to 57600 and after that I am not able to connect via com port to my bluetooth ELM327 anymore. Prior to changing it, it did prompt a warning saying that if connection fails, to revert have to hard reset memory controller. Any idea how to do that ?

Plug it in and goto control panel / device manager / hardware , and select properties under the series adapter tab you can there change the Speed and save it.

Plug it in and goto control panel / device manager / hardware , and select properties under the series adapter tab you can there change the Speed and save it.

Thanks but afraid that didn't work. In fact connecting to it using Torque also no longer works. So device probably screwed. So for those testing with bluetooth, best not to mess with the ELM327 setup speed setting.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club