Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I am definetly interested in reading more about this.

Also, can anyone recommend me a place or a person to buy a modified ELM cable from? I'm trying an eBay UK member, but he simply won't answer to my eBay questions.

I live in Brazil, and I'd like to buy a cable already premodified and tested.

hello been reading this read for a long time but i have only one reason why i would use it and thats for heated seats

i have the switches installed and ford heated pads fitted but now heat, been told its a gem module thing

could this software change the setting

There is nothing inside this software to add the function of the heated seat setting , you may have to go to a dealer , i'm assuming you have the relay fitted and wired to the correct fuses

There is nothing inside this software to add the function of the heated seat setting , you may have to go to a dealer , i'm assuming you have the relay fitted and wired to the correct fuses

what relay?

i have plugged in the oem heated switches and fitted the oe heated elements, fuse was already in but no heat was generated

I thought there was a relay for each side somewhere in the circuit , perhaps thats part of the OEM heated seat and not in the fuse box.

Seat heating modules are mounted under the seats. These modules convert the resistance signal of the switches (every position of the switch has another resistance) to the right voltage that is applied to the connected heating elements.

It is possible the GEM module/Fuse box does not support heated seats. Some GEM modules have missing contact pins or wiring. In this case you have to put another GEM module in the car to get it working.

As far as I know there are two fuses for heated seats. One fuse is used for the power supply of the switches. The other fuse is used for the power supply of the seat heating modules.

what relay?

i have plugged in the oem heated switches and fitted the oe heated elements, fuse was already in but no heat was generated

you probably have same problem as me no wiring under the seat.ive put recaros in but wires just not there still looking into it

you probably have same problem as me no wiring under the seat.ive put recaros in but wires just not there still looking into it

the wires are there i tripped the fuse on purpose to check if its connect to the fuse box/ gem module.

fuse no 121 blew ( thats the heated seats fuse)

Switch Pin 5 should go to C112 connector , check from wire of pin5 to in/out of the connector , this may be where the broken link is.

C112 is located N/S front lower footwell behind lower door trim panel.

you are looking for pin 5 left and right to either pin 17 or 23 of C112. If you trace the wire to those pins , then check the other side of the connector , if the wiring going out from those pins are missing then that could be the missing wire from the GEM input.

Reading through the wiring diagram though , i can't see a wiring link to the GEM

Location of C112 connector

C112 is the bottom connector in the picture , also this picture is from a LHD , so for RHD it will be near Side passenger footwell

post-22424-0-08990700-1362849037_thumb.p

Location of C112 connector

C112 is the bottom connector in the picture , also this picture is from a LHD , so for RHD it will be near Side passenger footwell

attachicon.gifc112.png

if i have belled from under the seat to the gem module connector block, surely i wouldnt need to look at C112?

if i have belled from under the seat to the gem module connector block, surely i wouldnt need to look at C112?

If you have power through the switch on pin 4 to pin 5 (10amp) and then onto the heater module pins 17 or 23 , then power on pins 9 from the 20amp there is no reason why it should not work , the wiring diagram does not show the Gem , but i assume this is the 10amp feed.

Is there no way of rigging positive feed to pin 9 and 17 or 9 and 23 to see if the heated seats are working.

I used the latest ElmConfig 0.2.5 on my 2008 Focus 2.0 TDci and I am getting a strange error... I think it is a bug from the software. When I try to read from HEC in the Configuration page 3 (the page that has all the chimes...) I get an error saying that it is strongly recomended to use an USB ELM and that bluetooth modulo can damage the unit. But this page has only several boxes to tick... I click ok to continue and it tried to write something to the HEC unit but it stoped few seconds after started. Everything works fine on HEC. Is this a bug in the software? Shouldn't this page work just like the others?

The only task that I didn't tried yet was the HEC firmware update because my ELM is bluetooth. I am already waiting for a USB one to do the firmware update but I didn't expect that it was also necessary for the page 3 of the HEC configuration... I already used the ElmConfig before but the older version I had didn't have that page 3...

bluetooth is not recommended for the HEC page 3.....works fine for me with new software and usb connection :)

I need you help please guy's, I configured my cable and switch but when I try and read a module I get this error.

post-41331-0-73056300-1363205075_thumb.j

You get a can error if your switch is in the wrong position.

If you want to enter the HEC mode then the ELM switch must be in original setting position , if you require to enter the GEM side then the switch should be in the Modified position or you get the Can error.

I always disconnected the USB and close the program inbetween moving the switch , then reattach the USB and re-start the program.

I need you help please guy's, I configured my cable and switch but when I try and read a module I get this error.

attachicon.gifCapture900.JPG

is the ignition on ?

is the ignition on ?

Ignition on, I tried preee's suggestion as well but I get the same error on both switch positions?

Ignition on, I tried preee's suggestion as well but I get the same error on both switch positions?

check you have modded it right

check you have modded it right

Just had it to bits, all wiring correct but a couple of wires on the switch had come loose. I'll need to resolder them tomorrow

OK so I re soldered the connections and I now have it working on HS-CAN but I can't get MS-CAN to work

post-41331-0-26789100-1363286082_thumb.j

Do I need to do the setup for MS-CAN?

post-41331-0-51625700-1363286142_thumb.j

OK so I re soldered the connections and I now have it working on HS-CAN but I can't get MS-CAN to work

attachicon.gifCaptureA.JPG

attachicon.gifCapturesb.JPG

try different speed

yes, you do