Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

try different speed

Thanks for the suggestion :)

If I press the tab "setup elm327 for MS-CAN bus" will it make the elm work on MS-CAN? is this instead of putty?

Does it need to be plugged into the car when I do it or can it be done off-line?

Thanks for the suggestion :)

If I press the tab "setup elm327 for MS-CAN bus" will it make the elm work on MS-CAN? is this instead of putty?

Does it need to be plugged into the car when I do it or can it be done off-line?

Yes correct , that is instead of Putty

Do I need to do the setup for MS-CAN?

yes, you do

Yes correct , that is instead of Putty

Thanks Guy's that did the trick :)

I just flick the switch between modules. Don't bother stopping / restarting program.

If anyone is interested, there's a commercial program available by the guy who aids Civil-zz. See link below.

http://www.ucdsys.ru/?lang=en

Costs about £ 80 delivered, thats adapter and software.

Updates will be available and it does FF3 also from what i can see.

If anyone is interested, there's a commercial program available by the guy who aids Civil-zz. See link below.

it supports S-max but still not in English completely

I have registered to try and find out what it will do on the FF3 , but email has failed for me to actually get on :o

I have read through what it can do so far on the FF3 , but i have lmost all of it already , and it does not have the function to Autolock doors as of yet.

I have contacted him several times and he says English, Dutch and Russian are fully supported. Spanish is next for completion they advise.

Has anyone tried to retrofit a MK2.5 Focus RS instrument cluster w/ larger LCD into their MK2.5 Focus or ST?

I've read somewhere that a Focus RS cluster doesn't have PATS (since it's a keyless car), so it won't work on the regular MK2.5 or ST if they have a normal PATS key. Can this be overcome using this software?

Also, I've read mixed opinions/information regarding cruise control: my car has everything needed for it to work, so I ask -- can you enable the correct options to make it work using the modified ELM cable or not?

Cheers!

You can enable or disable the Keyfree option on the cluster itself if you go into the "Setup menu". Then you can then program the keys to the cluster, If you go onto this website they offer you free incodes to unlock your PATS (god knows how they do it) --http://www.autokeyprog.com/login.php but you will need a really good adapter to read the different levels of PATS - I managed to get through the first level and crank the car but i think there was a second immobiliser preventing the engine from starting.... Ill probably buy either the adapter from http://obdtester.com/ or the one thats just come to light on this forum and try again as ELM config is yet to do it..

By the way has anyone managed to change the ccc in their focus's yet from the latest update? I went into the mondeo S-max section and then the BCM but just kept getting a "NO DATA" error so i take it this little luxury is for the younger cars

You use the Focus option in the drop down menu ...not Smax/Mondeo. Then read GEM and make your changes and write .

You use the Focus option in the drop down menu ...not Smax/Mondeo. Then read GEM and make your changes and write .

Ah i see thanks for that Richiemac :)

Is that on the information section or config / Procedures? Could you possibly take a screenshot please so i know whats supposed to come up

You can enable or disable the Keyfree option on the cluster itself if you go into the "Setup menu". Then you can then program the keys to the cluster, If you go onto this website they offer you free incodes to unlock your PATS (god knows how they do it) --http://www.autokeyprog.com/login.php but you will need a really good adapter to read the different levels of PATS - I managed to get through the first level and crank the car but i think there was a second immobiliser preventing the engine from starting.... Ill probably buy either the adapter from http://obdtester.com/ or the one thats just come to light on this forum and try again as ELM config is yet to do it..

The PATS system is integrated into the Instrument Cluster, the PCM and the ignition keys. If you put another PCM or Instrument cluster into the car the PATS configuration files (which are stored into the PCM and Instrument Cluster) does not match anymore and the car will not start. To solve this you have to synchronise the Instrument Cluster with the PCM. Most of the cheaper diagnostic interfaces which are capable to do some PATS Key programming do not support this "PATS Pairing" function.

If you want to put a new (or used) Instrument Cluster into your car you have to do the following things:

1. Program the correct configuration to the instrument cluster (with ELMconfig for example).

2. Program the PATS keys to the new Instrument Cluster.

3. Synchronise the Instrument cluster with the PCM. (PATS pairing).

If you want more info about the PATS programming and which interface you should use send me a personal message.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Paul (Preee) for the cable... As I was tinkering around yesterday I enabled a few features and had a few errors that I will ask about later! but so far, a very happy bunny...

Shame that the auto locking only seems to work once, no doubt I missed the option, and I need to tinker further to find the tyre pressure monitor...

EDIT: Actually, a quick question, does anyone know if you can code keys with any of these tools? A friend at work wants a flip key coded to his 06 Focus Zetec, but he says that the old "two keys" method doesnt allow for coding his new flip key as apparently its disabled on his model? its news to me, but he wants to add a new key... I will try the old two key method at some point with him, but does anyone know if you can add / remove keys?

Forgive me, I spent ALL weekend reading this thread, and 81 pages of information is a lot of info, even for encyclopedia Googleia...

You friend is correct.

The two key method on Mk1/1.5 was removed from the Mk2 and later.

You can still programme your own central locking but the pats access is absent.

I know the standard way now is to use IDS/VCM via the OBD port but as to whether you can use elm config to do so is not in my realm of knowledge.

I'm sure those that understand the system will be able to say for sure.

No , this won't do it afraid to say. From what i remember, Civil said he will not include it, ever. He feels there should always be exclusivity to dealers for this function. People making keys all over the place at will........could get messy i suppose.

Now you mention it it does ring bells.... Will refer him to the company I used.

Shame that I need to tinker further to find the tyre pressure monitor...

EDIT: Actually, a quick question, does anyone know if you can code keys with any of these tools? A friend at work wants a flip key coded to his 06 Focus Zetec, but he says that the old "two keys" method doesnt allow for coding his new flip key as apparently its disabled on his model? its news to me, but he wants to add a new key... I will try the old two key method at some point with him, but does anyone know if you can add / remove keys?

If I am right you own a Ford Focus MK2. The MK2 (2004-2008) does not support the tyre pressure monitoring system (DDS). For DDS you need the MK2.5 (2008-2011) Instrument Cluster and ABS pump / module.

For PATS key programming you need a suitable diagnostic interface with the capability of (Coded PATS) key programming.

May I have a question?

In ELMConfig in HEC module and Procedures section there is a 'RESET MODULE' buton.

What does the Reset module procedure exactly do?

I have a problem with refreshing immediate consumption value on my display (Focus Mk2.5 (2010)). It refreshs one time per a 3-5 second and earlier it was approximately two times per second.

Do you think, that this procedure could help me? I tried to disconnect battery, but it didn't help.

May I have a question?

In ELMConfig in HEC module and Procedures section there is a 'RESET MODULE' buton.

What does the Reset module procedure exactly do?

I have a problem with refreshing immediate consumption value on my display (Focus Mk2.5 (2010)). It refreshs one time per a 3-5 second and earlier it was approximately two times per second.

Do you think, that this procedure could help me? I tried to disconnect battery, but it didn't help.

It's basically a module restart , have you tried to reset all of the trip settings?

It's basically a module restart , have you tried to reset all of the trip settings?

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I tried it but unfortunately without positive result. :-(

I'm not sure, but there was something about it in Russian thread about ELMConfig: they said (maybe Civil-zz, maybe someone else) that in rom level 509 instant consuption is less frequently refreshed on a display

Stan the link was posted on the last page i think 48 or maybe 47

Heres a better picture layout i did a while ago lost in the pages

wire-1.jpg

Hi,

Can someone confirm if the Connector in this image means the OBD connector on the car as i am looking straight at it ?

If I just want to access the GEM modules (MS-CAN) and not the HSCAN, do I just hard wire pin 3 to 6 and pin 11 to 14 on the OBD Reader ? Do I still need to desolder existing wiring of PIN 6 / 14 on the socket to the OBD Reader ?

Hi,

Can someone confirm if the Connector in this image means the OBD connector on the car as i am looking straight at it ?

If I just want to access the GEM modules (MS-CAN) and not the HSCAN, do I just hard wire pin 3 to 6 and pin 11 to 14 on the OBD Reader ? Do I still need to desolder existing wiring of PIN 6 / 14 on the socket to the OBD Reader ?

its talking about the elm 327 not obd.you dont want to mod the car obd .

The Picture displays the connections made for the ELM327 adapter , on the inside of the connector the pin numbers are visable.

If you just want to acces the the HEC side , then no modification to the adapter is needed , if you want to access the GEM module then you need to make the changes to the adapter.

I have a mk 2 rs and have updated my dial etc using the elm software with no issues.

I updated my dads ford kuga and it was working fine. I went to read the chimes page and now I have no instrument panel at all and it wont start.

somebody help!!!!!!!!!