Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I have a mk 2 rs and have updated my dial etc using the elm software with no issues.

I updated my dads ford kuga and it was working fine. I went to read the chimes page and now I have no instrument panel at all and it wont start.

somebody help!!!!!!!!!

is it plugged in properly ?

is it plugged in properly ?

i never unplugged the instrument cluster??????

I have a mk 2 rs and have updated my dial etc using the elm software with no issues.

I updated my dads ford kuga and it was working fine. I went to read the chimes page and now I have no instrument panel at all and it wont start.

somebody help!!!!!!!!!

More detail , what did you update onthe Kuga , did you do backups , what have you tried etc.

More detail , what did you update onthe Kuga , did you do backups , what have you tried etc.

i update the dash rom(no issues) i added eco and shift light (no issues) on the hec tab i was on tab 3 (the 1 that has the warning about not connecting via bluetooth) when i pressed read it all failed and wont come up.

i update the dash rom(no issues) i added eco and shift light (no issues) on the hec tab i was on tab 3 (the 1 that has the warning about not connecting via bluetooth) when i pressed read it all failed and wont come up.

Was you using bluetooth ?

Have you tried connecting , then selecting procedures and reseting the module

Did you do the number one Golden rule and Backup ? , if you did try reloading the backup and writing

Was you using bluetooth ?

Have you tried connecting , then selecting procedures and reseting the module

Did you do the number one Golden rule and Backup ? , if you did try reloading the backup and writing

no i wasnt using the bluetooth.

i have tried all methods available - under the hec tab it says no data(like it does with the ignition off)

yes i have back up..... but they cant be written to it due to the no data warning

no i wasnt using the bluetooth.

i have tried all methods available - under the hec tab it says no data(like it does with the ignition off)

yes i have back up..... but they cant be written to it due to the no data warning

Off the top of my head the only thing i can think of is remove the battery for 15 minutes see if it resets

• Like 1

From what I already saw and what I have eard the safest way is to get away from Page 3 of the HEC configuration... Even reading from unit is dangerous and you can't have a backup of that before reading it...

If the battery reset doesn't work I guess the only option will be a Ford dealer to update your HEC. Let's hope that a new HEC is not necessary...

• Like 1

Disconnect the positive lead from battery and hold it to the negative pole for a bout 5 minutes to totally discharge all residual current.........reconnect and hopefully should restart.

Disconnect the positive lead from battery and hold it to the negative pole for a bout 5 minutes to totally discharge all residual current.........reconnect and hopefully should restart.

is this not dodgy to do?

Yes, positive lead will be disconnected from battery....not like if you bridged across them with it connected, then you'd do damage.

Thanks Wilko, I own the MK1 Focus CMAX. I have been helping a few friends with a MK2 Focus.

Bobby... have you managed ot make any progress?

The Focus C-max MK1(.5) is technically pretty much the same car as the Focus MK2(.5). Most of the wiring and modules are completely the same.

One difference is that Ford did not offer the DDS option on the C-max MK1.5 The C-max MK1.5 has (from a certain production date) exactly the same instrument cluster and ABS pump/BCM as the Focus MK2.5. Technically the C-max MK1.5 is perfectly able to show the DDS option in the instrument cluster but this is blocked in the C-max software/firmware. On a Russian forum i found a topic of some guys who configured (with the Ford IDS system) a C-max MK1.5 like the Focus MK2.5 to activate the DDS option.

Thanks Wilko, I own the MK1 Focus CMAX. I have been helping a few friends with a MK2 Focus.

Bobby... have you managed ot make any progress?

Yes disconnecting the battery solved half the issue. I then had to reset 2 fault codes before the kuga would start. thanks for the help

Yes disconnecting the battery solved half the issue. I then had to reset 2 fault codes before the kuga would start. thanks for the help

Glad to hear it worked , always a good option if everything else fails

I cant get my ELM cable to work on windows 7! each and every time it comes up with a code 10 error and the device will not start. plugged it into a XP desktop and works fine.

any help please??

Hello!

I received my Elm327 today(bought from China on ebay) and I have the same error.

I was reading on Prolific website and I found this:

!!!Counterfeit Warning!!!

Please be warned that counterfeit/fake PL-2303HX Rev A (or PL-2303HXA) USB-to-Serial Controller

ICs using Prolific's trademark logo, brandname, and drivers, are being sold in the China market.

Counterfeit IC products show exactly the same outside chip markings but generally are of poor quality

and causes Windows driver compatibility issues (Yellow Mark Error Code 10 in Device Manager under

WinXP, Vista, and 7). This warning is issued to all customers and consumers to avoid confusion and

false purchase. Please purchase only from stores or vendors providing technical and RMA support.

What can I do?

Thanks for the link, but it's still not working :( I tried also with this driver http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41 and I have the same error.

Yesterday I received the Auto Diagnostic and I Tried all day to make it working, but I didn't manage.
I manage to install the driver but when I am plugging the cable I get a error that tells me that the device is not working properly. In the device manager I have this error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate on 64bit and I was trying to install the Auto Diagnostic on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Edition.
Do you have any other suggestions? I will try soon on a friend's laptop with windows xp installed.

LE: I bought it from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-V1-5-OBD2-OBDII-CAN-BUS-USB-Auto-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-/221195395707?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 so try to avoid this seller!

Thanks for the link, but it's still not working :( I tried also with this driver http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41 and I have the same error.

Yesterday I received the Auto Diagnostic and I Tried all day to make it working, but I didn't manage.

I manage to install the driver but when I am plugging the cable I get a error that tells me that the device is not working properly. In the device manager I have this error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate on 64bit and I was trying to install the Auto Diagnostic on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Edition.

Do you have any other suggestions? I will try soon on a friend's laptop with windows xp installed.

LE: I bought it from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-V1-5-OBD2-OBDII-CAN-BUS-USB-Auto-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-/221195395707?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 so try to avoid this seller!

i dont think it likes 64 bit

Try and install the driver , right click and select install by Administrator

Try and install the driver , right click and select install by Administrator

It is still not working!

From the begging I manage to install the driver, but when I am plugging the cable I have the error from the first picture.

In the second picture you can see a print screen from Device Manager.

I install the driver and the cable on a friend laptop that is running XP, so the cable is working. In must be a problem with my Win 7 x64 :(

post-42084-0-92675400-1364339862_thumb.j

post-42084-0-20754800-1364339865_thumb.j

64 bit systems are fine but can cause strange problems with software primarily designed for 32 bit systems.

Finally I manage to install the cable!!!!!!

I re-installed the operating system(now i have win 7 86x) and than i run the driver as administrator!!!!!

Thanks to all oh you!!

Finally I manage to install the cable!!!!!!

I re-installed the operating system(now i have win 7 86x) and than i run the driver as administrator!!!!!

Thanks to all oh you!!

so 32 bit then

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club