Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

thanks rus-45 - I know these files from ADS forum, but I wasn't sure that they are suitable for ELMConfig

I downloaded 7M51AKE (1.6 100) and flashed PCM - it took me 3 minutes!

Firmware verson number has changed, but not software version number:

pcm161003.jpg

why?

1.4 л (80л.с) MT (SIM28) - 7M51AJC

1.6 л (100л.с) MT (SIM28) - 7M51AKE

1.6 л (100л.с) АT (SIM28) - 7M51ALE (ru), 7M51AGE (spain)

1.6 л (115л.с) MT (SIM29) - 7M51BBC

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/PCMReprogram/DSFM_PCMReprogram.asp?swproduct=IDS

Where do you get the file names from?

Any idea on the latest for the Focus 2008 (2009,59) 2.0 TDCI 136 please?

My shift light does not work correctly, despite HEC upgrade, and I'm lead to believe it is missing from my PCM - this may help?

Appreciate you copying the way I did my OBDII unit without any credit... NOT.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/?view=findpost&p=213512 was my initial post, and then I see yours.

Would have been less disheartening if you weren't trying to off it as your own to make money from it.

/firstandlastrant

I've made a few of these modified ELM boxes with a switch - looks professional:
IMG_1400-620x350.jpg

Also written a guide (just updated it with the latest version of ELMConfig - V0.2.6)

Will keep it updated, as I've been following the Russian thread for a little while, and also playing around with the UCDS & FF2 programs - So far I think the ELMConfig is the best, and I've also been creating my own little program, which I'm still working on at the moment

• Like 2

Things have been said already regards the potential copying of data and guides, I think its best we leave it there :)

• Like 1

Hello thanks for this great piece of software! I have been following the forum for a while. I am from Australia and drive a Focus ST 2008. It is called the XR5 down under!

Ok i've made myself the modified cable as described, I am waiting on my switch to arrive from the UK.

In the mean time I want to get it up and running. I was able to access ELM-FF2 BCM options and change the doors to auto lock and save it. It worked! Awesome by the way.

Issue I am having is with ELMconfig. I want to access HS-can > BCM. I am able to obtain any read information - not even the vin.

I think I may not be in H-can mode.

here is the error:

elmerror_zpsd3f111c8.jpg

I just want to confirm the following. I went through 30-40 pages and couldn't find any answer. sorry if I am being stupid for not reading instructions correctly.

I need H-can setup: so:

Tape together for can-H setup as follows.
Number 3 wire to can-H wire
Number 11 wire to can-L wire

tape up number 6 wire
tape up number 14 wire

So I basically put numb 3 and can-h together, numb 11 and can-l wire together. Then left 6 and 14 not together. Free standing.

Does that mean it is can-h mode?

or I am reading it wrong? is it just numb 3 and can -h wire.

I am so sorry for the stupid question I am not technical minded. From reaeding the diagram of the switch it is different again... hmmm

** also does putty only need to be run once? I get the K message for all configs. Log is ok.

What wire setup do you need when running putty.

the problem is I done the modification then I ran putty? is that ok or is this the cause of the problem.

thanks!

seems like it might be a wiring issue I am afraid, Check your wiring again and see what happens, also make sure you have the ignition on, but engine not running.

Just to give everyone a heads up with regards to Flashing and updating the PCM.

I read on the Russian Forum that Civill has been updating and there is a caution around upgrading the PCM to the fact that if anything goes wrong and it errors you cannot restore back to a previous version is my understanding so do be careful.

ELMConfig.This software (firmware PCM (ESU-411/418)) only works on petrol engines. I downloaded the new firmware for the 1.8 petrol engine, manual transmission (MT). 7M51ADG http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/PCMReprogram/DSFM_PCMReprogram.asp?swproduct=IDS

Durateс-HE 1,8L IB5 (RUS)

7M51ADA
7M51ADE
7M51ADF
7M51ADG February 2012
Durateс-HE 1,8L , IB5 (Europe)
Скрытый текст
7M51VC
7M51VG
7M51VH
7M51VJ February 2012
Durateс-HE 2,0L MTX75 (RUS)
7M51ABA
7M51ABC
7M51ABD
7M51ABE February 2012
Durateс-HE 2,0L MTX75 (Europe)
7M51XA
7M51XE
7M51XF
7M51XG February 2012

I got it to work. with the M can setup it works H and visa versa must be wired backwards. Just got to work it out when i get the switch lol

Hello, I have tried to use ELMconfig 0.2.8c and in the GEM Config page 1 the first set of box's are un labled and on the PCM info screen if I try to read it starts to fill out the box's but when it gets to firmware I get a flash of a warning on the screen then it just shuts down. Ver 0.2.7b works fine. I thought I may have a corrupted file so I have loaded it again with the same result. Any one else come across this? Not a problem just an observation.

Cant really say I have seen it, mine worked OK.

Just want to thank you guys for all this information. I finally have auto locking on my C Max which I've wanted since I got the car.

Had a little play around and switched off the rear wiper feature and switched on eco mode. Had a mare when I updated the HEC to 0509 as during the process I got an error, the dash went blank and couldn't start the car. Took me another six attempts before the update would fully complete, I was sweating buckets!

Anyways, thanks again everyone.

• Like 1

Hi, I have tried to read the PCM again using eml config .2.8.c.Still no change from my previous post #1364. In the PCM page I can read the VIN and when I try to read the Info it starts to fill out the boxs until it get to Firmware the it stops and up pops a box 'Runtime error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument'. When I close this box the program shuts down. In ver 0.2.7 it will fill out all of the boxs. The main reason I would like to use 0.2.8c is I belive this is the ver that allows me to reprogram the PCM for cruise control? In all other respects 0.2.8c works as advertised both in H can and M can.

Anyone with any ideas on this glitch as I seem to be the only one with it.

Just out of interest I have recently installed the wash level sensor and wiring back to the connector in the passenger footwell, activated it in EMLconfig 0.2.7 and it all works.

Thanks in advance.

Dave. :)

Dave,

1. what engine do you have? only petrols are supported

2. to read PCM, you need to setup ELM speed to 500000 and delay (in COM port settings) to 1ms

Hi, Marcin,

Thanks for the quick reply. My Focus is a late 2009 Mk 2.5 1.6 petrol Zetec. I will try the speed change next chance I get. I am using 38400 at present. Must have missed this info in this HUGE topic. I just found it a bit odd that EML config ver 0.2.7b fully works.

Dave

Hi,

I have tried all other speeds including 5000000 and the only one which works is 38400. All the others give me the Box "Correct responce from EML timed Recieved responce to request "AT Z". when i close this box I have to restart the program. So no further forward. When I do the speed test when 38400 selected all speed are ok including 500000 apart from the last one, 1000000.

I have tried several more times to get the PMC to fully read and I get either Run time error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument or Run time13 Type Mismatch at the point of reading the firmware. At the same time there is the sound of a some thing running the same as when turning the ignition to position II. If I then click OK on the box the program closes.

Also how do you change the COM delay to 1ms. I have searched but can't find how to do this.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

One other thing, in the PMC Config page is the tick box for "integrated Speed Control" the option to activate cruise control?

Thanks

Hi guys,

If I buy an elm327 cable would I be able to send it to one of you guys to make the mod for me. I will reimburse you obviously.

Thanks

Michael

Hi,

I have tried all other speeds including 5000000 and the only one which works is 38400. All the others give me the Box "Correct responce from EML timed Recieved responce to request "AT Z". when i close this box I have to restart the program. So no further forward. When I do the speed test when 38400 selected all speed are ok including 500000 apart from the last one, 1000000.

I have tried several more times to get the PMC to fully read and I get either Run time error 5 Invalid proceedure or argument or Run time13 Type Mismatch at the point of reading the firmware. At the same time there is the sound of a some thing running the same as when turning the ignition to position II. If I then click OK on the box the program closes.

Also how do you change the COM delay to 1ms. I have searched but can't find how to do this.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

One other thing, in the PMC Config page is the tick box for "integrated Speed Control" the option to activate cruise control?

Thanks

Use latest version of ELMConfig, so today it's 0.2.8c (writing PCM of 1.6 engines is supported from 0.2.8)

There is a procedure to change speed of ELM327 - I'll try to describe (I left my adapter at home, so there might be some mistakes)\

-launch ELMConfig

- select right COM port and press 'adapter setup'

- press 'start speed test'

- when speed test will finish, take latest successful speed value and select it in a field below 'set a adapter to constant speed' and press 'set' - you've just changed you ELM327 speed

- no you can proceed as usual: select the same speed next to COM port field and press 'open port'

instruction of cruise-control activation is here:

http://ffclub.ru/topic/302511/go_post/14158739/ -> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=pl&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fffclub.ru%2Ftopic%2F302511%2Fgo_post%2F14158739%2F

Good luck and be careful because you're playing with a brain of your engine!!

Hi, Thanks for this info. The link is good too.<br />I am back on shift in the morning so it will be another week before I can have another look at it.<br />Dave

Long shot I know but is there anyone who could make this up for me? I will be willing to pay for parts and labour.

Long shot I know but is there anyone who could make this up for me? I will be willing to pay for parts and labour.

Send me a PM Stewart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club