Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hi The eml327 I bought which doesn't run at 500000 was bought from

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/warehouse-diagnostics/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/warehouse-diagnostics/

The actual eml327 I bought doesn't seem to be listed any more. It was advertised as an enhanced version. It does seem to be very hit and miss.

I have yet to reprogram the PCM and activate cruise control,but I have fully accessed the PCM. Next week I hope.

With reference to the seat belt reminder. With all the options that are available there must be a way of having the light come on but not the chime?

attachicon.gifBelt reminder.jpg

attachicon.gifBelt reminder2.jpg

attachicon.gifBelt reminder3.jpg

These screen shots were done in off line mode but does anyone which ones should be ticked to enable it again because I turned mine off with VCM/IDS I don't know which ones should be ticked!

With reference to this next picture, I am thinking that if one of these options are enabled it would allow you access the full menu options while the car is being driven. I just want to have "messages" accessible while the car is in motion. I did think that just selecting "sub menu level 3" would do this as it is the third option on the instrument cluster menu but enabling it didn't change anything.

attachicon.gifmessage screen.jpg

Anyone else done this or tried to do it?

Finally a bit of a random one. I enabled DDS, ECO mode and anti hijack today on a 2011 car. Everything went fine on the programming side but when turning the ignition on after finishing it came up with "engine malfunction" This stayed on after cycling the ignition. I checked the DTC fault codes and there were lots there all unrelated to what had just been enabled. I cleared the codes, it went away and it has been fine.

Anyone else had this happened before? I have done a few cars this week and messed around with mine loads but never seen this.

Thanks

Ben

Anyone? Just in case it was missed?

Hi,

Something new about DPF ?
I'm interested to read the log of DPF regenerations. It's possible to include this facility in Elmconfig ?

Thx,

Ovidiu

Will this program from Preee work in the United States on a Gen 2 (2009) focus?

If so, what ELM-327 has worked with this program and can be purchased in the US?

(the link to the eBay seller Preee provided does not sell to the US, and this one does not seem to work after triple checking my wiring and following all recent instructions in this thread)

As a last-ditch effort, I connected via putty and the atpp2asv38 command responds with "ERROR" - yes, the led light was on.

• Like 1

Will this program from Preee work in the United States on a Gen 2 (2009) focus?

If so, what ELM-327 has worked with this program and can be purchased in the US?

(the link to the ebay seller Preee provided does not sell to the US, and this one does not seem to work after triple checking my wiring and following all recent instructions in this thread)

As a last-ditch effort, I connected via putty and the atpp2asv38 command responds with "ERROR" - yes, the led light was on.

The US 2nd generation focus is completely different from the European Focus MK2/MK2.5. The US 2nd generation focus is basically just an evolution of the 1st generation focus.

The software descibed in this topic is not suitable for the US 2nd generation focus because it is electronically completely different.

As far as I know for this type of focus you can only read/erase DTC codes and display real time data with an ELM327 interface and suitable software. As far as I know there is no specially developped software for this type of focus which has the ability to change settings and update modules.

• Like 1

JW - thank you for the clarification. Looks like I will have to take my car into the dealer to activate my cruise control then. (ouch)

• Like 1

The elmconfig software doesn't seem to work for me it either says coms port is being used or "ATZ" everything else seems to work and i am to switch between high and medium

Make sure you port number is below 10. You can also manually change it in device manager.

Could also be a driver issue.

Any Russian Speakers here? I've been reading those Russian forums using Google Translator and while it translates 75% of everything, not everything in understandable. Specifically there seems to be talk about flashing PCM of 1.6 Ti-VCT 115PS engine and I cannot figure out what it is all about! And I have such engine, I do not have courage to flash unless I can understand...

This is part worrying me:

"

На 1,6 - 115 л.с. Ti-VCT стоит SIM29. Существует два релиза
двигателей: дорестайл и рестайл (включая межрестайл). Дорестайловый
имеет два катализатора и 4 датчика кислорода (лямбда-зонды), в
термостате имеет "электронную" начинку (принудительное открытие
клапана), а так же имеет электромагнитный клапан для сброса воздуха из
системы охлаждения (финис 1 223 988). Отстутствие таких же дивайсов у
рестайловых двигателей как бы говорит нам о том, что прошивки дорест и
рест не совместимы. Однако рестайловая прошивка молча встаёт на дорест и
даже не зажигает джеки чана. Какие последствия от такой подмены -
неизвестно."

Google Translator gives this:

"

1.6 - 115 hp Ti-VCT is SIM29. There are two engines Release: dorestayl and Restayl (including mezhrestayl). Dorestaylovy has two catalysts, and 4 oxygen sensor (lambda probe), the thermostat has an "e" stuffing (forced opening of the valve), and also has a solenoid valve to release air from the cooling system (Finis 1223988). Otstutstvie the same device named in restaylovyh engines as it tells us that the firmware dorest Rest and are not compatible. However restaylovaya flashing silently stands on dorest and even lights a Jackie Chan. What are the consequences of such substitution - is unknown.

"

Does this mean that tehre may be problems with flashing OR does this jsut mean, that there are two variants of engine configurations existing (one vs. two catalysatros and 2 vs. 4 lambda probes and some more) and flashing firmware from wrong configuration could cause some funny things? Am I safe if I jsut read my current firmware, reconfigure and then rewrite that old firmware back?

Hi,

these two mysterious versions of the Ti-VCT engine/firmware ("dorestayl and Restayl") mean simply 'before and after facelift'. (including mezhrestayl) means some transitional version (never heard of). Both firmwares are not compatible, but the newer version can be used in older cars.

I've been a bit off the case with this of late, but it seems in the latest version the TDCI 2.0 136 is supported for PCM firmware upgrades. Has anyone tried it (with any mk2.5 cars)?

I want a properly-functioning shift indicator, and I'm lead to believe it COULD be down to an old PCM firmware. So I'd like to upgrade it.

What are the risks? Although my HEC upgrade went well, I knew a few people had said if it fails, you can just restart the process and complete.

Is the same true of the PCM?

Also, can anyone confirm which of civilz firmwares are valid for a 59 plate DPF (I think!) version?

(including mezhrestayl) means some transitional version (never heard of)

FF2 from spring 2007 to appearance of FF2FL are sometimes referred as after small lifting (new version of GEM and airbox, red illumination inside, oval radio), Russian called then mezhrestayl

Hmm... this might be harder than I thought.

My ELM, despite being exactly the same as preee's won't work at anything other than 38400. Speed test says its good to 500000 (but not 1000000), but it wont actually connect.

I get a weird 'timed response' ok message, with a warning exclamation mark. ANy ideas?

I had the same issue Mark. I too got all the items suggested by Preee and i couldn't make them work above 38400.

It finally worked after multiple attempts, but i am not 100% sure how.

What i did, was:

1. Run a speed test

2. Select the value from the right options (next to the speed test results) and click apply.

3. It said something about restart/reset

4. I closed the program and disconected the USB

5. I plugged it in.

6. It worked.

I am not on my laptop now, but if i recall correctly, i've left all the values in device manager as default.

Try the above, and tell us if it worked for you.

I had the same issue Mark. I too got all the items suggested by Preee and i couldn't make them work above 38400.

It finally worked after multiple attempts, but i am not 100% sure how.

What i did, was:

1. Run a speed test

2. Select the value from the right options (next to the speed test results) and click apply.

3. It said something about restart/reset

4. I closed the program and disconected the USB

5. I plugged it in.

6. It worked.

I am not on my laptop now, but if i recall correctly, i've left all the values in device manager as default.

Try the above, and tell us if it worked for you.

I will do.... at some point ......

I think i've blown the thing up now by trying to hard reset it by shorting pins (as per the datasheet, but by guessing pins :P )

I've ordered another one off eBay now, but annoying that I have to wait.

Bizarrely, despite the fact it appeared to smell of burning when I shorted the pin to ground, MS-BUS still works. It's only HS-BUS (the easy one without mod) that doesn't - so I guess I'll have 2 adapters, one for each bus speed.

I'll definitely try your step by step stuff when I get the new adapter through.

Anyone know how to (properly) reset the cheapo black-pcb elm427's?

(I was reseting it because I tried to fix the speed at 115, but then couldn't connect at all)

OK, Forget that - its working again!

I did what George said, and now it works on 500,000. Weird. Maybe its the USB port that burned!

Anyway, I've READ the PCM to file, and loaded it into the app. The file it has created is PCM_Dump_8M51-12A650-AMD ... This doesn't seem to tie in with anything on the firmware list page, and if anything seems to be something to do with auto cars?

8M51-12A650-AMD does seem to be a model of an actual ECU so maybe its not important - but which firmware file do I use with my car?

OK, so some information in case it helps others...

My PCM, 8M51-12A650-AMD doesn't seem to be the correct type of ECU despite being a 2.0 tdci 136.

I went here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/PCMReprogram/DSFM_PCMReprogram.asp?swproduct=IDS and typed in 8M51AMD and it downloaded a file. In that file its mostly code, but states Module Type SID83M.

SID83M is a module type for sure, and based on this page: http://auto-diagnostics.info/pdf/focom-icu-info-en.pdf its one of many.

In short: ELMConfig does not currently support SID83M, which appears to be unusual on 2.0 tdci anyway, but there you go.

Do not forget the ELMconfig software is developed for and tested on russian vehicles. Unless most Russian vehicles/engines are completely the same as the European ones there also can be differences between them.

For example the 1.6 TDCI is not sold in Russia and also not supported by the ELMconfig software.

In my opinion the best way to determine which PCM version is used is to look at the decal on the PCM.

Hi after many weeks of sorting this out I now have cruise control. See my post No 316 in 'Guide to fitting Cruise Control Focus 2 & 2.5 C.Max'. It took a while and a lot of help from fellow members.

Thanks to all.

Dave

Likewise, likewise, I got cruise! Received USB adapter today and it worked 500 000 bps flawlessly! Took 3 min. to read PCM firmware and 2 min to write it. It is this dongle:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190866042745

Seller is obdauto*fr and title is "ELM327 PRO VERSION 2013 POUR FORD AVEC VERITABLE ELM327 100% ORIGINAL !!" in case eBay listing will be removed some time. Of course, "FORD" part is probably irrelevant and Opel or anything will work just as well :) But it boasts these features, which makes it more expensive than other dongles:

* Version officielle 1.4b
* Micro-controleur ELM327 ORIGINAL !!!
* Drivers FTDI

So I was looking for Genuine ELM327 since it should work better and more reliable than Chinese clones (of course I cannot be 100% that it really has it!) and FTDI serial-USB interface as it is always better than Chinese PL2303 clone used by cheap interfaces...

Oh and I used FTDI D2XX mode, didnt bother with virtual COM-port. FTDI D2XX should be much faster and reliable (again one reason I bought this expensive one). And it worked. Took few tries to find out correct initial baud rate, but after that I was able to connect, do speed test and switch to 500 000 bps!

Great great stuff!

-J

OK, so some information in case it helps others...

My PCM, 8M51-12A650-AMD doesn't seem to be the correct type of ECU despite being a 2.0 tdci 136.

I went here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/PCMReprogram/DSFM_PCMReprogram.asp?swproduct=IDS and typed in 8M51AMD and it downloaded a file. In that file its mostly code, but states Module Type SID83M.

SID83M is a module type for sure, and based on this page: http://auto-diagnostics.info/pdf/focom-icu-info-en.pdf its one of many.

In short: ELMConfig does not currently support SID83M, which appears to be unusual on 2.0 tdci anyway, but there you go.

Vibeone.

How about popping across the the russian site and ask civil-zz if you send him your saved file, he may be able to add it if he has the base file.

I got it to work but not in the GEM, i was able to switch on Eco mode but other than that nothing else, my main problem is that i cannot get it to work in higher speeds like 500,000. and second in the gem it's says put ignition in position 2, i have a push start and ignition is on but i cannot get past this, i don't think my cable supports 500,000

You need to turn the key to the second step. To do that on a keyless-entry car, i think you need to push the start button without pressing the break pedal. I might be wrong, never had a keyless entry car.

Try the steps i describe above, to increase the speed. They seem to have worked for Mark.

Vibeone.

How about popping across the the russian site and ask civil-zz if you send him your saved file, he may be able to add it if he has the base file.

Hey Preee - long time no speak.

Quite happy to upload the dump file - though I don't have an account over there. I'm not sure civil still posts/reads his PM's here, so I guess I'll translate and give it a go!

Does anyone know the differences between firmware and calibration files. Are they the same thing? If so, I only need ELMConfig to support the firmware flash, rather than actually provide me with the latest firmware (since motorcraft site has already given me this).

Even though I'm not having much success at the moment, I love tossing around with this stuff!

You need to turn the key to the second step. To do that on a keyless-entry car, i think you need to push the start button without pressing the break pedal. I might be wrong, never had a keyless entry car.

Try the steps i describe above, to increase the speed. They seem to have worked for Mark.

Yeah pressing the button without pressing the clutch turns on the ignition but i still get the same message regardless if ignition is on or off, if i switch it into high speed then it says canbus error... put it back to medium canbus it shows message about ignition position 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club