Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Yeah pressing the button without pressing the clutch turns on the ignition but i still get the same message regardless if ignition is on or off, if i switch it into high speed then it says canbus error... put it back to medium canbus it shows message about ignition position 2

What speed are you running at while trying to enter GEM

• Like 1

I don't remember the speeds but i tried each one by one upto 111000 something around that speed those got in but cannot flash, i will order to pro elm cable instead

Hey, anybody knows if i can modify my F-super cable to work whit this?

I used to have modded ELM BT adapter, but i seem to lost it. Still got my F-Super cable, and caught wondering if i can do the switch mod to it, and get it working?

Any Russian speakers here?

I'm Russian.

Can help you in understanding.

Dorestayl - pre facelifted version

Restayl - facelifted version

Jackie Chan - Check Engine lamp :)

FF2 from spring 2007 to appearance of FF2FL are sometimes referred as after small lifting (new version of GEM and airbox, red illumination inside, oval radio), Russian called then mezhrestayl

That's right

You can ask for translation. I'll help if I can

Hey, anybody knows if i can modify my F-super cable to work whit this?

I used to have modded ELM BT adapter, but i seem to lost it. Still got my F-Super cable, and caught wondering if i can do the switch mod to it, and get it working?

Judging from google found images, it could be standard ELM327 device... Open it up and check what's inside, post us picture if you are not sure.

Or actually, just connect it to your laptop and card, start ELMConfig and see if HS-CAN stuff works (modification is needed only for MS-CAN modules, ie. I didn't modify yu USB cable for flashing PCM as it is done via HS-CAN and I used my modded bluetooth dongle for MS-CAN operations!).

When I try to connect to MS-Can I keep getting 'no data'. Why is this?

I'm pretty sure I have wired the cable correctly

Just a quick note , the link to where i get my ELM327 from on the front page , these ELM327 have now gone through an update , i have tested and this updated board won't reach 500,000 baud rate so avoid buying from my link if your thinking of the PCM update.

• Like 1

It's always best to take it apart and treble check the wiring is correct , its very easy to get the wires the wrong way around

It's always best to take it apart and treble check the wiring is correct , its very easy to get the wires the wrong way around

I checked them so many times my eyes were going funny.

Are the wires the only thing it could be?

Or faulty switch perhaps , try manually joining the wires together see if you get the same result.

Or faulty switch perhaps , try manually joining the wires together see if you get the same result.

Which wires do I join (I can't get into the GEM)? Is it 14, 11 and original 14?

Yes original 14 to 11 & original 6 to 3

Have you pressed a "Setup adapter for MS-CAN bus" key at adapter settings page? It should be done once before first using MS-CAN

Just a quick note , the link to where i get my ELM327 from on the front page , these ELM327 have now gone through an update , i have tested and this updated board won't reach 500,000 baud rate so avoid buying from my link if your thinking of the PCM update.

Yeah i think mine is one of these crap ones!

Has anyone managed to successfully activate auto door
locking when you drive off using elmconfig on a mk4 mondeo.

Thanks

Quick warning - I killed my Elm using the speed test utility in Elmconfig.

Can't get it to work at any speed now.

Fortunately it was cheap so I may get a replacement and swap the boards.

No rewiring needed that way.

FuF.

Anyone knows how to change tyre circumference using ELMCONFIG ?

I have changed my wheels from 205/55/16 to 225/40/18 apparently we need to calibrate the axle id.

Any ideas. Apparently this can be done via IDS, thus just want to check if this is possible via ELMCONFIG. I can't seem to find the config page for this though for ELMCONFIG 2.6

Yeah i think mine is one of these crap ones!

Just out of curiosity, are these non-working devies FTDI devices (and have you used D2XX drivers) or PL2303 or something else? It would be interesting to pinpoint what actually causes this, poor quality USB-serial bridge, fake and poor quality ELM327 clone or what...

Actually you don't need to re-calibrate... There is as little as 2.65mm difference in tire height.

I have changed my wheels from 205/55/16 to 225/40/18 apparently we need to calibrate the axle id.

Any ideas. Apparently this can be done via IDS, thus just want to check if this is possible via ELMCONFIG. I can't seem to find the config page for this though for ELMCONFIG 2.6

PCM -> Configuration -> Tire Size, revs/mile ?

This requires reflashing PCM, adapter which works at 500 000 bps and such. Read EVERYTHING related to PCM reflashing from this thread etc. You can potentially waste your PCM if something goes wrong.

Finnaly i got my usb elm today, modified it. And now i got autolocking doors. Since i have a Mondeo, I had to write the CCD to both modules, the ipc and bcm. :D

Last time i could only write to the bcm module with the bluetooht adapter i had. Can't get the other things to work tough. One funny thing is that the original config for CCD in my car states that i don't have "home lights". I have 30 sec as standard on my car, but it wont let me config it so i can turn i off or change it to 60 sec. :huh:

I have an mk4 mondeo and would like to enable auto locking. Do you write to the bcm

module first and then the ipc module and do you have the ignition on. Thanks in

advance

Just out of curiosity, are these non-working devies FTDI devices (and have you used D2XX drivers) or PL2303 or something else? It would be interesting to pinpoint what actually causes this, poor quality USB-serial bridge, fake and poor quality ELM327 clone or what...

Mine was a PL2303 clone for £5 off eBay.

Fine for doing all the Ford mods I want except PCM flashing.

Main problem I've had is finding a Windows 7 serial to USB driver for it.

There isn't one, but oddly there is a Vista driver.

So I use my Vista lappy with it.

FuF.

to all who need to recover killed adapter

This manual was made by Ittrium, very clever Russian programmer and my friend. He is developing future ELM327-compatible adapter ELS27 and software. It is double bus and has up to 2000000 speed.

Original link to Russian ffclub.ru http://ffclub.ru/topic/302511/jump_5080/?pid=14307151#entry14307151

ELM327 based adapter consists of two main parts: the controller and bridge ELM327 UART-USB, which enables it to communicate with the controller. The bridge can be of several types:

1. FT232RL (the best and most stable version)

2. PL-2303 and other Chinese counterparts

3. bluetooth module

If the ELM327 will be stored at the speed rate on that the bridge can not work, you will get a brick instead of the adapter. But as a rule it is not lost.

The controller ELM327 is the original Canadian (very rare) or a Chinese clone. Chinese clones are further divided into those that are made on the same chip as the original (PIC18F2480) and others made ​​with other PICs

In fact the Chinese are made on firmware-based Canadian datasheet. Good clones are fully compatible with the original ELM327.

In the original ELM327 provides two recovery options adapter speed:

1. Reset all user settings

2. Forcing 9600

On this basis a recovery algorithm is written:

To restore wired adapters:

1. Check what chip is built adapter with. As for me, I met two types. If you have a PIC18F2480, then go to step 2. If you have a PIC18F25K80, then go to step 3.

2. Solder the wire from pin 6 of the controller to any ground terminal of the PCB.

This will cause the adapter force to work at 9600, ignoring what is written in its memory.

After that connect adapter to car and to computer. Connection should be done at 9600 and changed the adapter’s speed to default using the same ElmConfig, either through the terminal software(if you know how).

Then turning adapter off, unsoldering wire. Connecting again, checking the speed just stored.

This paragraph is not suitable for PIC18F25K80, because there is no pin, similar to pin 6 at PIC18F2480.The Chinese could hang this function to some other leg, but it is not possible found this.

If this did not help go to step 3

3. Solder a wire from pin 28 of controller to any ground terminal on the board. This will cause the adapter to restore default settings. Then, plug the adapter into the car and the computer. To be sure wait for 15 seconds. Turning off, unsoldering wire. Then plug, check 9600, 38400 and 115200. Typically the default speed 38400 will be set.

Sample picture

PIC18F25K80irepair_zps75410cd2.jpg

If that did not help, then go to step 4

4. Difficult. Unsolder chip PL2303 (or equivalent). RX/TX pins may only be lifted but not the whole chip to blow off. Solder PIC’s RX/TX pins to USB-UART cable based on FTDI. Connecting, restoring speed. Turning off, unsoldering, returning PL2303 to it’s place.

If this part is not feasible or does not help, go to step 5

5. Throw out the adapter, buy next one.

If this part is not feasible, go to step 6.

6. All the ashes! Sell ​​the car. :)

For the bluetooth adapter you can try step 3, or remake it to the wired adapter and restore speed similar to Step 4.

This manual is suitable for the following packages only: 28-Pin SPDIP, SOIC, DIP. For other packages it is necessary to seek the appropriate pins in the datasheet. For example in the package TQFP-44 6th pin just goes to power..

• Like 1

I have an mk4 mondeo and would like to enable auto locking. Do you write to the bcm

module first and then the ipc module and do you have the ignition on. Thanks in

advance

Can't remeber, don't think there is any difference. Ignition must be on yes(enigne not running).

You may use ELMConfig 0.2.10 (last release)
PCM>Configuration>Tire size
There are next values:
195/65/R15 - 829 revs/mile
205/55/R16 - 833 revs/mile
205/50/R17 - 825 revs/mile
225/40/R18 - 825 revs/mile
You should download PCM's firmware, change VID block (Configuration) and upload it back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club