Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

ok now looks like this thanks very much preee

2_zpsfa165c44.jpg

No Problem Dezwez , glad it worked.

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I read VID & firmware and tried to write it back to the PCM but then it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the 5M51AG PCM number and the ECU-131.

Soon I will sell the car :(

/Fredrik

Hi, Been reading about this on the FocusSToc.com, and bought the ELM and done the mod to it, downloaded the latest version of software V2.10c, I cannot seem to read/get information from the MS-CAN modules, they all come back with N/A and NO DATA, also tried the switch thinking it was that and I get a CAN ERROR, but I can read and access information etc from the HS-CAN modules, any ideas?

I want to program in a new(used) bluetooth module with USB.

My ST2 is 2007 Pre-facelift with voice control

Any help would be grateful.

Kev

The USB functionality does only work in combination with Focus MK2.5 Sony (produced after 08-2008) and Travelpilot (FX and NX) radio's. The Focus MK2 radio's uses the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which has different wiring/modules and do not support the USB functionality.

If your car is equipped with the original radio and Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system your new module with USB functionality will not work.

Did you perform the "Setup adapter for MS-CAN bus" procedure of the ELMconfig program? This function can be found under "Adapter Setup" on the start screen of ELMconfig. If this does not solve your problem the problem is most likely caused by a bad switch or incorrect wiring.

• Like 1

The USB functionality does only work in combination with Focus MK2.5 Sony (produced after 08-2008) and Travelpilot (FX and NX) radio's. The Focus MK2 radio's uses the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which has different wiring/modules and do not support the USB functionality.

If your car is equipped with the original radio and Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system your new module with USB functionality will not work.

Even though I have the Sony Gen2 "Oval Style" stereo as from the factory this will still not work?

If it's the mock oval Gen2 then no, if it's the Gen3 then yes.

Even though I have the Sony Gen2 "Oval Style" stereo as from the factory this will still not work?

No, most likely the USB functionality will not work. the oval shaped Sony radio's with red illumination which are fitted into the late Focus MK2 and early MK2.5 models are technically different than the later MK2.5 versions of this radio.

The older versions of the oval shaped Sony radio's uses the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This system has a Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module with part number 4M5T-19G488-AX or 7M5T-19G488-AX (the X can be any letter). This is a mono module which communicates the audio to a special Phone input of the radio.

Old module versions do not have a USB connection at all and can not be updated.

After 04-2008 The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system was changed. Another Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module was fitted with part number 8M5T-19G488-AX. This is a Stereo module which communicates the audio to the AUX input of the radio (this is not noticeable). The wiring of the AUX connection in the glove box is routed to the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module before going to the radio.This type of module has an USB connection for firmware update purposes. When Ford released the USB functionality (about 08-2008) another type of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module was introduced. The module with part number 8M5T-19C112-AX is based on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system but has USB playback functionality, Ipod control and some later versions also suport Bluetooth/Audio.

I retrofitted the new MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system to my car after I fitted a 2011 6000CD Premium MP3 (from a S-max) to my Focus MK2. The system was fully functional but the 6000CD does not support USB so I bought an oval shaped Sony. Unfortunately the Sony was produced in 2007 and did not work with my MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system at all. For this reason I sold this radio and bought myself a 2009 Sony 6-CD DAB radio. The Sony DAB radio works great with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system and now I have the USB, A2DP and bluetooth Audio functionality which is really great.

There is a simple check to determine if the radio will support USB or not. press and hold the1 & 6 button together. Now a serie of different hardware and software numbers will appear. Look for a number which looks like 05-03-03. For USB support the number has to start with a 5. If the number starts with a 4 the radio definitely does not support USB.

• Like 1

There is a simple check to determine if the radio will support USB or not. press and hold the1 & 6 button together. Now a serie of different hardware and software numbers will appear. Look for a number which looks like 05-03-03. For USB support the number has to start with a 5. If the number starts with a 4 the radio definitely does not support USB.

Well, just checked and I done the check and low and behold, the 1st thing that came up was 04-04-14, so thats that then, look like a new stereo for Christmas, one that will do USB etc etc.

Thanks for the replies, where is the rep on this forum (...goes and for a look...)

Alright folks, some troubling news has just come to my attention :o , after months and months of searching for a bluetooth module with USB i finally managed to buy one yesterday (still waiting for it to be delivered) for an acceptable amount but now after reading this

i am a bit worried that my stereo does not support the USB function. I have done the check as mentioned above and when its cycling though all the numbers there are three which look like the firmware, 10-00-02 is the 1st then there is a date 25/07/2007 another number FB 07-02-08 then BL 02-04-05

can anyone confirm which number i need to be looking at or weather my stereo will support USB function or not

and if my stereo does not support USB which for me is becoming more and more likely is there not a way to update the software or firmware whatever it maybe?

btw i have the facelift focus on an 08 plate believe its the early version of the mk2.5's

Is this the oval shaped Sony radio with red illumination? In my opinion the number you should be looking at is 02-04-05 but this is firmware version is either very old or it should be 04-05-02 (based on the Ford/Sony technical manual). Either way I suspect this radio will not be able to support USB playback.

There are a few other things you could check to determine your exact type of radio:

* Remove the radio and check the production date and part number. These are printed on a label at the side of the radio. On this label is also a stripe printed in a particular color (for example: Light Grey, Dark Blue, Pink, Beige, Green, Black, Red or Dark Blue). Based on the production date, part number and exact color of the stripe I can determine the exact radio type and which software version should be on the radio.

* Check the part number of the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. If the number is 7M5T-19G488-AX (the X can be any letter) you have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. In order to get the USB functionality working on the old system you need to have a suitable radio (which supports USB), a suitable Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (part number 8M5T-19C112-AX) and you need to modify/rewire the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring.

If the number is 8M5T-19G488-AX you already have the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. In order to get the USB functionality working on the new system you need to have a suitable radio (which supports USB) and a suitable Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (part number 8M5T-19C112-AX). In some cases it is also required to change (or rewire) the loop connector which is fitted between the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring.

As far as I know oval shaped Sony radio's which are based on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol systems which do not not support USB do only have different software compared to the Sony radio's which do support USB. It should be possible to update the firmware to a newer version but until now I never found someone who actually has enough knowledge to do this.

Hello,

I've tried to change IPC in my Focus II from pre-facelift (green) to post-facelift (red). So I've print-screened configuration the old one in ELMconfig and set up the new one. But I probably messed something and there is no way to configure PATS in the new IPC.

So now I need to bring the new one in factory state (load as-built data), but I don't know VIN of the car, where the new IPC was. :angry:

OR, if I load a new firmware into new one, will I be able to program PATS?

The new one No. is: 8V4T-10849-GJ

S/N: KTVC1K89H

thx

Configuring the new instrument cluster is very simple. You just have to save all settings of the old instrument cluster and program them to the new one. If the new instrument cluster is a MK2.5 instrument cluster it is also needed to select the "Clock" checkbox. After all settings are copied the new instrument cluster is configured correctly.

At this point the engine will not start because the PATS system is partly integrated into the instrument cluster.

The next step is to program all ignition keys (a minimum of 2 keys are required) to the new instrument cluster. To do this you will need the Ford IDS diagnostic system or another (Ford specific) diagnostic system which is capable to program the Ford PATS system. I use the FoCom diagnostic system which is capable to do this.

When all keys are programmed to the new instrument cluster succesfully the engine will still not start. This is because the Focus MK2/MK2.5 PATS system is integrated in both the instrument cluster and the PCM. The instrument cluster and the PCM needs to be paired together. To do this you have to perform the "PATS initialization" procedure (Ford IDS) or "PATS pairing" procedure (FoCom).

After these actions are performed the engine should start normally.

Is this the oval shaped Sony radio with red illumination? In my opinion the number you should be looking at is 02-04-05 but this is firmware version is either very old or it should be 04-05-02 (based on the Ford/Sony technical manual). Either way I suspect this radio will not be able to support USB playback.

There are a few other things you could check to determine your exact type of radio:

* Remove the radio and check the production date and part number. These are printed on a label at the side of the radio. On this label is also a stripe printed in a particular color (for example: Light Grey, Dark Blue, Pink, Beige, Green, Black, Red or Dark Blue). Based on the production date, part number and exact color of the stripe I can determine the exact radio type and which software version should be on the radio.

Seems like i'm out of luck, :cry: i done all my retro fits with relative ease until now. i thought i would take pictures instead of trying to write it all.

post-37256-0-35334400-1382005228_thumb.j

post-37256-0-90313800-1382005241_thumb.j

And when you say i have to modify/re-wire the wiring, what exactly does that involve? The module i have bought as well is the older of the USB types part number 8M5T-19C112-AM the one that does not have the mini usb connection, does anyone have a link to where i can buy the cable or which one i will need.

Again on the subject o the stereo when you do the audio updates that you get here www.ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/downloadsUpdates what will you be updating the module or stereo or both?

Seems like i'm out of luck, :cry: i done all my retro fits with relative ease until now. i thought i would take pictures instead of trying to write it all.

attachicon.gifIMG_4271.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4273.JPG

And when you say i have to modify/re-wire the wiring, what exactly does that involve? The module i have bought as well is the older of the USB types part number 8M5T-19C112-AM the one that does not have the mini usb connection, does anyone have a link to where i can buy the cable or which one i will need.

Again on the subject o the stereo when you do the audio updates that you get here www.ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/downloadsUpdates what will you be updating the module or stereo or both?

This is not a Sony radio. Part number 8M5T-18C815-AA belongs to a (silver) Ford 6000CD radio. The Ford 6000CD radio's do not support USB. Only the oval single-CD and 6-disc Sony radio's which are produced after 08-2008 and the Travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems support USB. This means you will definitely need another radio to get the USB functionality working.

The pinout of the old type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is slightly different than the pinout of the new type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. As far as I remember it is nescessary to add an extra positive and ground wire and rewire the AUX wiring. In fact the module is connected between the AUX wiring. The new type modules uses the (stereo) AUX input of the radio. Modifying/rewiring the wiring is only needed if the part number of your current module starts with a 7. If the part number starts with a 8 you already have the correct wiring.

The Ford Audio Update does only update the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. These updates fixes certain known Phone compatibility problems or improve certain functions. The radio itself is not touched by these updates.

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I read VID & firmware and tried to write it back to the PCM but then it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the 5M51AG PCM number and the ECU-131.

Soon I will sell the car :(

/Fredrik

Hello again,

Does someone know why only

the 5M51JD / JE are supported by the ELMConfig. What is the difference between

JD/JE and my AG?

Will the xxxAG be supported in the future or am I just in bad luck regarding the activation of the CC?

/Fredrik

Its not a case that they are not supported, its a case of which GEM's have CC built into them as capable to manage.

All of the Focus's that this can work with will talk to elm config, but not all options will be available.

Its not a case that they are not supported, its a case of which GEM's have CC built into them as capable to manage.

All of the Focus's that this can work with will talk to elm config, but not all options will be available.

Okay, but if I want to change tire size, I can't do that either due to my PCM is not supported by the ELMConfig.

I understand that not all cars can activate all of the functions but, if I can read out the firmware I also "want" to write it back to the PCM module... My question is if this might be supported in the future?

certain functions the author thought best and safest to leave to ids but there's no real reason it can't work at some point. I thought it was possible but perhaps it's best to get confirmation from another member who has tried and succeeded...

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Could someone please direct me in the way of getting the latest files so that i can assign my bluetooth module to my car after doing a retrofit on my Focus Mk 2.5.

Many thanks

Luke

The latest version of the ELMconfig software (version 0.2.11b) can be downloaded form the following link:

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/ELMConfig.zip

You only have to change the vehicle type of the SRM (Speech Recognition Module) to Focus. Afterwards the module should be fully functional.

My experience is that Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules which are programmed for some other Ford models (Fiesta MK7, Mondeo MK4 and S-max/Galaxy) do also work in a Focus MK2.5 but the voicecontrol functionality does not work (the module does not respond on the VOICE button). After changing the vehicle type the voicecontrol should work correctly also. There was no need to change other settings to make the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module function correctly.

Afternoon all,

I have just got hold of a large screen instrument cluster for my Kuga, which I was just about to fit .I have a bit of an issue though.

I read out of my HEC and saved pages 1 and 2 ready for loading into the new cluster but page 3 will not read out on my original ELMconfig or the new one I downloaded from the link on here a few weeks back, I get the following errors

New version error

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/minimadgriff/IMAG2586.jpg~original

Old version error

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/minimadgriff/IMAG2585.jpg~original

I have read out of it before, so I am unsure why it won't do it now? It also won't let me write to it either with my previously saved read file?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

This is not a Sony radio. Part number 8M5T-18C815-AA belongs to a (silver) Ford 6000CD radio. The Ford 6000CD radio's do not support USB. Only the oval single-CD and 6-disc Sony radio's which are produced after 08-2008 and the Travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems support USB. This means you will definitely need another radio to get the USB functionality working.

The pinout of the old type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is slightly different than the pinout of the new type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. As far as I remember it is nescessary to add an extra positive and ground wire and rewire the AUX wiring. In fact the module is connected between the AUX wiring. The new type modules uses the (stereo) AUX input of the radio. Modifying/rewiring the wiring is only needed if the part number of your current module starts with a 7. If the part number starts with a 8 you already have the correct wiring.

The Ford Audio Update does only update the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. These updates fixes certain known Phone compatibility problems or improve certain functions. The radio itself is not touched by these updates.

Cheers for clearing that up for me mate looks like i wont be doing this retro fit any time soon if at all. i cant seem to find the right stereo. i can see a few being sold on flebay but most of them where produced in 2007 or early 2008 which makes then not compatable :angry: And my current module begins with 7 so re-wiring needed as well.

There are some made in 2010-2012 but they seem to be overpriced, so for now i think im going to have to live with just listening through the AUX. I read somewhere that the sound quality is not that great when using wireless streaming, can anyone with experience using it shed some more light on this for me.

Gonna be sticking the new USB module back on flebay :whistling:

Can anyone confirm if they had a problem setting the courtesy light delay in ELM config. I have set it to 60 secs and the setting has definitely been saved, however it still goes off in the original 25 seconds.

it don't work on mine no matter how long I set it I think you cant set it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club