Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

to activate cruise control in Bosch PCM you don;t need to write whole firmware - just read VID-block, tick integrated-something and then write VID-block

that's all

to activate cruise control in Bosch PCM you don;t need to write whole firmware - just read VID-block, tick integrated-something and then all

There's no option to "read VID-BLOCK" in elm config. The only option is to "Read the firmware from PCM to BIN file" and "Load firmware from PHF/BIN file". I have done both of these (also ticked integrated speed control), when it finishes writing it comes up with an error that says invalid request (or something similar) . I'll try it again when I get home and put up a screen shot.

in version 11, read/write (separate write of vid-block works only for 1.6tdci) of vid-block is in configuration!!!!!!!

1. PCM -> Configuration -> Read from PCM

2. save to file (as a back up)

3. tick 'Integrated Speed Control'

4. PCM -> Configuration -> Write to PCM

5. done

in version 11, read/write (separate write of vid-block works only for 1.6tdci) of vid-block is in configuration!!!!!!!

1. PCM -> Configuration -> Read from PCM

2. save to file (as a back up)

3. tick 'Integrated Speed Control'

4. PCM -> Configuration -> Write to PCM

5. done

I have done this and get the "Writing VID-block completed" confirmation

Cruise still doesn't work.

The car can detect the buttons as they all play a sound when I use the rear heater switch "trick"

For some reason I can't add pictures so I can't upload the screenshot of ELMconfig

I'm pressing ON the + to activate cruise on the steering wheel buttons. Is there a minimum speed before cruise works?

The software number on my PCM is 10/10/2007

Under firmware number it says N/A

Would a PCM update help?

I have done this and get the "Writing VID-block completed" confirmation

Cruise still doesn't work.

read vid-block again and check if 'Integrated Speed Control' is selected there

The car can detect the buttons as they all play a sound when I use the rear heater switch "trick"

Beeps in GEM disgnostic mode ("the rear heater switch trick") is when you enable cruise in gem + hec and gem supports cruise (some low spec preFL GEMs don't support cruise at all), so it's ok

I'm pressing ON the + to activate cruise on the steering wheel buttons. Is there a minimum speed before cruise works?

press 'on' after starting the engine and press '+' above 50km/h speed (minimum spped for cruise is 45 or 50 km/h)

read vid-block again and check if 'Integrated Speed Control' is selected there

Beeps in GEM disgnostic mode ("the rear heater switch trick") is when you enable cruise in gem + hec and gem supports cruise (some low spec preFL GEMs don't support cruise at all), so it's ok

press 'on' after starting the engine and press '+' above 50km/h speed (minimum spped for cruise is 45 or 50 km/h)

When I read VID-block, integrated speed control is ticked.

I will try again with pressing 'on' after engine start. I have a light on my dash for cruise control (I checked it with led test 'trick'). The light does not light up when pressing the 'on' button.

'on' makes cruise to be in kind of stand-by mode and no any light in FF2

'+' gives the light on a dash

'on' makes cruise to be in kind of stand-by mode and no any light in FF2

'+' gives the light on a dash

When I press '+' the light still doesn't go on. I have tried at 50mph.

Cruise is enabled in GEM, HEC and PCM. I have all the pedal switches and wires.

but you have ST (thought you have 1.6 tdci) - AFAIK FF2 ST never had cruise factory-fitted, so maybe your PCM can't keep steady speed and just ignore 'integrated speed control'

Does anyone have FF2 ST with cruise?

but you have ST (thought you have 1.6 tdci) - AFAIK FF2 ST never had cruise factory-fitted, so maybe your PCM can't keep steady speed and just ignore 'integrated speed control'

Does anyone have FF2 ST with cruise?

Correct, ST/RS did not have factory cruise control, nor was it an option.

Maybe you are right, PCM may not support cruise. I don't know anyone that has cruise control on their ST.

I am not giving up yet.

Cruise control was never an option on the Focus MK2/MK2.5 ST. Possibly the PCM firmware of the ST does not even support cruise control.

As far as I know the Kuga 2.5T uses the same type of PCM as the Focus ST (the Mondeo MK4 and S-max/Galaxy 2.5T uses a different type of PCM). On the Kuga 2.5T cruise control was available. Because the Kuga has less BHP compared to the Focus the firmware will most likely be different.

If the Focus firmware does not support cruise control and the 2.5 Focus and Kuga engines are completely the same it could be an option to configure the Focus PCM as a Kuga PCM and load the Kuga firmware.

The cruise control speed setting can be activated above approximately 40 KM/H. On lower speeds hitting the cruise control buttons has no effect.

I thought about doing that but didn't try it in the end. I will try it when I get a chance. I'm at the stage where I'll try anything lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question,

is it possible to update the PCM of an Kuga 2.0 TDCI from the 140PS version to the 163PS version?

Ok!

but why is it not possible with the ElmConfig?

You can still play software on the PCM...

100 Euro's... Sounds a bit much for what you get? for one purchased job...

I have contacted these people loads of times, they give me the cost but never give me payment details to get one :(

We've bought one over at http://www.focusrsoc.com

There is a thread where you can pay and get auto power folds for £15

We've bought one over at http://www.focusrsoc.com

There is a thread where you can pay and get auto power folds for £15

I have seen this its a great idea but I really want one for myself :)

I have seen this its a great idea but I really want one for myself :)

Let me know when you do mate, as I'll be knocking on your door for one on mine.

Yunii