Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Well, none of them was ticked "as-built" as I remember. Maybe ESP misbuilt detection, I don't think .

Water in fuel - is for 1,6tdci that has diesel filter with this senzor, I guess I have :D No error since activation.

Fuel cap sensor - I know is for DPF engine's, and I guess it will light up if i Drive the car with the fuel cap left open. I guess. No error since activation (maybe I'll try this function some day)

Focus RS - no change. probably I ticked when I was trying to make "Eco-Mode" to work...before instructions for ROM update appeared.

"Voice control" - I see now that is not ticked, what is for?. I have bluetooth module with voice controls (german unfortunately, and without IDS I don't think I have any chance to change it in English)

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I think that this question is a little off-topic but I need help.

I bought a second hand 2010 focus ghia and I waiting from eBay the elm327 module to activate some features on this car using information on this topic.

Mean while I tried to activate auto door lock and one click driver door open and the car has this option, but after a couple of time, in parking mode, these settings are lost like as the GEM module don't want to save them for next trip. What is going on?

Thank you an I'm sorry for my bad English.

Hi Bodo,

If the car is forgetting them it sounds like your losing the battery power and the car is resetting?

Hi jeebowhite,

Thank you for your response.

I don't know if the battery is losing the power and I think if so the car will cause problems at starting the engine, but in my case the car starts very well even after a week of parking.

are you using different keys? if so I think each key can respond differently?

I'm using only one key, the other one is without remote control.

My car VIN is ****** and it is 1.8 tdci if these info helps somewhat.

Edited by jeebowhite
Removed the VIN for your own security

Very odd.

As silly as it sounds, is there any chance your sitting on the keys within the cars vicinity and resetting it?

Right now I checked the one click driver door open function and it seems to be there by today morning, but auto door lock isn't.

For activation auto door lock I followed the steps described here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOxDkTXI7G8.

What I have to reset the car or the key? and this thing is done by removing the battery?

Well, none of them was ticked "as-built" as I remember. Maybe ESP misbuilt detection, I don't think .

Water in fuel - is for 1,6tdci that has diesel filter with this senzor, I guess I have :D No error since activation.

Fuel cap sensor - I know is for DPF engine's, and I guess it will light up if i Drive the car with the fuel cap left open. I guess. No error since activation (maybe I'll try this function some day)

Focus RS - no change. probably I ticked when I was trying to make "Eco-Mode" to work...before instructions for ROM update appeared.

"Voice control" - I see now that is not ticked, what is for?. I have bluetooth module with voice controls (german unfortunately, and without IDS I don't think I have any chance to change it in English)

OK thanks :) Then I think I leave mine un-ticked.

Are you saying your voice control is working?

For activation auto door lock I followed the steps described here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOxDkTXI7G8.

I tried to follow this procedure. I don't have the lock and unlock buttons in the doors, only handles and no double locking. I used the buttons on the key fob instead. OK, it didn't work. I guess it's not possible to activate or deactivate auto locking on my mk 2.5 2010 model then.

That's no problem, because the procedure seems to be hard to execute and remember. It's perhaps easier to to do it in ELMConfig. But the scary thing was that I partly lost contact with the GEM module, after running this procedure. I could read TDC's and the things at the (first) information tab from the GEM, but I couldn't read the configuration or reset the module from the procedures tab anymore. There were a bunch of DTC codes in the GEM end the door modules. They all seemed related to the performed procedure.

I was about to loosen the battery clamp to reset the electronic, hoping that the GEM would come on-line again. But first I tried some functions of the door module, like locking and unlocking using the handles and the RKE system. I don't know what exactly got the GEM on-line again, but luckily it's working again.

Since I had this unpleasant experience, I chose to untick "Autolocking enabling by customer". I hope this will prevent the GEM going off-line, if the procedure is performed again, though I didn't had the courage to test it. I've a feeling the GEM got confused, because I don't have the lock buttons in my doors.

I using elmconfig and the rear heated screen is doing its thing on auto when the temps are low but I have a front heated screen and wondered if I can get that to come on automatically too?

That would make sense clicking the heated front screen option d'oh must've missed it

Have I read the below bit right? The new update allows you to change the mileage on the dash? That is a little worrying if so. Think how easy it would become.

There is new Russian software available - ELM Config, can be downloaded from here:

http://civil.iffc.ru...g/ELMConfig.zip

It allow to:
- adjust some GEM parameters, e.g. time of light fading, speed required to auto lock doors
- read DTC codes with Russian and English descriptions
- read / save VIN to various modules
- read mileage and change km <-> miles
- send ELM mid speed codes - no terminal needed
- GEM reboot

I read it to mean changing from Miles to Kilometers on the display (available from the car settings anyway).

• Like 1

It is possible to change the mileage with ELMconfig but the program will only accept a higher mileage. It is not possible to change the mileage downwards.

• Like 1

OK thanks :) Then I think I leave mine un-ticked.

Are you saying your voice control is working?

Yes, it's working.

Hello, I tried to enable windows open/close with remote keyfob but it seems it does not work with my 3 door focus, can you confirm it?

Hello, I tried to enable windows open/close with remote keyfob but it seems it does not work with my 3 door focus, can you confirm it?

It doesn't work on a lot of cars. You need door control modules for it to work. A lot of 3 doors don't have them and if you have a 5 door you have to have electric windows all round. I had the same problem and that was the feature I wanted the most. General rule is if you have one touch close on your window switches it should work, I'f you don't it will never work.

as a general rule its only available on titanium

Yes, it's working.

Sorry, I don't have a voice control, so I can't play with it. Could it be you get a voice control menu or something in the cars display?

About setting the voice control to english, have you tried "English language" at page 1 of the HEC module or directly in the menus in the cars display?

It is possible to change the mileage with ELMconfig but the program will only accept a higher mileage. It is not possible to change the mileage downwards.

Ah I was going to say! There would be alot of Fords on Autotrader with fantastic mileage otherwise.

Does anyone on this forum sell the wiring (with switch modifications done) and English software as a package?

Or is it going to be a case of buying on eBay and hacking wires off, soldering etc?

ELMConfig -> HEC -> Configuration -> Page 2 -> "HEC Level 2/3 Menu speedlock suppression"

Reading this thread, I've the impression people think this is were we enable submenus in the cars display. I believe this is were we enable which menus will be available when the car moves.

I tested it to day. I ticked all of them. Then I could even operate the steering setting, while I was driving. Seems to me you can do everything in the menus, if everything is ticked. When I removed all of the six submenus, I couldn't operate the ESP function any more, which I normally can. It might not be a good idea enabling other submenus though. I don't want to take the blame if some of you crash, playing with the menus :unsure:

Ah I was going to say! There would be alot of Fords on Autotrader with fantastic mileage otherwise.

Does anyone on this forum sell the wiring (with switch modifications done) and English software as a package?

Or is it going to be a case of buying on Ebay and hacking wires off, soldering etc?

I sell the cables the software is free see my sig
  • Like 1

Hi again ...

I've read some discussions on Internet regarding locking the doors while driving. I will not bring up that discussion in here. I am just curios how the system react in a crash. Some say that most modern systems will unlock the doors, if the air bags goes off.

May seem off-topic, but many of us enable autolocking.

Anybody who knows how this works on our cars?