Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Next to the shifting behaviour of the automatic gearbox the automatic transmission settings also affects the throttle response of the engine.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the throttle pedal is connected directly to the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster converts the resistance signal of the throttle pedal to a CANbus signal which is distributed to the PCM. Depending on the selected settings the instrument cluster softwarematically changes the throttle response.

On a manual shifted car the automatic transmission settings does also affect the throttle response. Changing the automatic gearbox settings on a manual shifted car is a known trick to make the car feel a little more powerfull.

Can you, please tell me more about "hanging the automatic gearbox settings on a manual shifted car is a known trick to make the car feel a little more powerfull."

Hello, i did a Static regeneration with ForScan on my Focus MK2 2.0L TDCI. Is it mandatory to do a complete oil change now?

I've checked oil level it seems normal, but i'm not sure there is not a contamination of gasoil with oil during static regeneration. What do you think?

Is a Static Regeneration only needed on cars fitted with DPF?

Is a Static Regeneration only needed on cars fitted with DPF?

Yes, static or dynamic regeneration is the action of cleaning the DPF, the Diesel particule filter. What do you want to know?

You can force regenreration with car immobile/static that's why its called static regen. You can accomplish it with powerful freeware called ForScan. I would be very interested to know which EGT do you have at the end of the process, or during the process. I checked at the end of 10 mins i had something like 160°C, which i think its too low.

Also on my car, my PCM does not support all the DPF sensor PIDS, so i cant have all the information, do you have them on your focus MK2.5? I talk about PIDs like DIST_REGEN_C (km_since_last_regenration ) or DPF_LOAD.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WV8E/~MUS~LEN/15/V8E1005.HTM

Does anybody know if with ELM327 we can do something with de EGR?

What do you want to do with EGR? You can monitor it with ForScan yes.

Yes, static or dynamic regeneration is the action of cleaning the DPF, the Diesel particule filter. What do you want to know?

No that's fine thanks, I have a modified ELM and have done various setting adjustments already so I was just wondering about this process and as I don't have a DPF I won't worry about it.

Thanks for coming back to me :)

Can you, please tell me more about "changing the automatic gearbox settings on a manual shifted car is a known trick to make the car feel a little more powerfull."

The automatic gearbox settings menu is only available if the car has an automatic gearbox. On manual shifted cars the default setting is "Adaptive". Because this setting not only affects shifting behaviour of the automatic gearbox but also the throttle response it will also work on a manual shifted car.

On a manual shifted car this setting can only be changed sofwarematically using ELMconfig. I heard that even on an RS the differences are noticeable between all settings.

For those of you who have worked on a mondeo MK4, did you see errors on reading the CCD file from the car? I ended up with the airbag light coming on and a an engine malfunction error on the dash - cleared the error codes as I knew it wasnt a real problem, but thought that it would be fine...

No Well, I just bit the bullet and went out there with cable in hand! quite a nerve wracking experience watching your car flashup "System Malfunction" and the likes as the app says its erasing the memory blocks!

So I have just enabled the following and will see what of these actually work! :p

• Level Sensor (Thinking this is the washer fluid monitor?)
  • Automatic locking (Will have to try this one later)
  • Puddle Lights enabled (dont believe I have them, but will be good to see if it triggers something else....
  • Emergency Brake Light - Hazard Light (think this is Hazard lights if the ABS kicks in?)
  • With Auxhilliary Input (menu button might let me flick between them now)
  • Shift Indication
  • Drive Away Release (think this is Hillstart Assist)
  • Key Out Apply (not sure what this is)
  • Homesafe lighting (30 seconds)
  • battery monitor Sensor
  • Start / Stop (pretty sure it wont work anyway, but will be good to see if it does anything)
  • Tyre Pressure Sensors
Now just got to watch and see what happens!

Note : just found that I was getting error codes for a mismatch on settings, tracked it down to the auto door locking at speed, seems all the rest may work...

• Like 1

I would like to parcially cancel the EGR via ELM.

Is it posible?

I would like to parcially cancel the EGR via ELM.

Is it posible?

This is not possible

When accessing the PCM Module to read it there is a message pop up that appears, is it all safe to procedure pass this as I only want it to read the PCM I don't necessarily want to make any adjustments just yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That should be fine, but backup twice, save changes once!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Great thanks mate

Hi guys,

I have enabled the ELMConfig a few gimmicks.

Radio information and phone information in the onboard computer.

My question is, can you get the names of the MP3 files to display in the onboard computer?

My car is a Ford Focus RS MK2.

regards Martin

Anyone an idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new to the club and would like some advice on the elm327 config

As I have read and Sean they say back up you modules info what I would like to no is what's the place on my PC to save and if I mess up when useing how do you fix back to original settings

And When you go into module settings. As you look at the page you have GEM with ms can above and BCM with hs can above. When I want to make setting changes do I need to flick the switch to MS / HS to make changes to that module and can I just flick from one to other could someone give me some advice on how use and when the switch. Thanks. Eric

Hi guys,

I have enabled the ELMConfig a few gimmicks.

Radio information and phone information in the onboard computer.

My question is, can you get the names of the MP3 files to display in the onboard computer?

My car is a Ford Focus RS MK2.

regards Martin

The instrument cluster display does not show MP3 names. There is no possibility to change this.

I suppose it could technically be possible to show MP3 names on the display but for some reason the firmware of the instrument custer and/or radio does not support it.

Hi folks

Where do i look to change shift adaptive thing

Will i notice any difference with a 1.6 116 tdci ?

Jamie

Centra Config : Line 178 : select ' with shift indication ' : Write to BCM.

Ignore that....just realised you're talking about something else

I TO HAVE BEEN SOLD A "FOCUS STEERING WHEEL" would not fit without modification. I placed my 3 bar wheel on top and drilled the 2 peg holes. I then carefully cut away the bottom unused plug flush to the disc. i then filed the space for the top plug to gain a good fit. fitted wheel fitted horn assembly. I had to change the air bag inflation unit from my 3 spoke wheel to the 4 spoke air bag. I had to make a bracket to secure the inflation unit to seal to 4 spoke air bag and fit earth clip. all gone together ok. altered all settings with elm cruse not working. tested switch with heated window method on and resume have no effect. reading thread I will need to solder new capacitors to the switches. I have seen the diagram in a thread somewhere. if anyone else would need help in converting this type of steering wheel I will have to remove and create a pictured method of installation. please contact pm if you need any assistance.

If the steering wheel does not fit you probably have the wrong type of steering wheel. A steering wheel of a C-max or Kuga looks identical to the Focus steering wheel but is internally different and uses a different airbag.

Retrofitting the 4-spoke steering wheel should be plug and play. I have done this several times without any problems. If you buy the crooect steering wheel and airbag there is no need to modify anything.

• Like 1

Hi,

before I start "messing around" with ELM327 and ELMconfig I would like to ask some questions. So, I would like to activate some options like closing and opening of windows with remote, deactivate seat belt reminder... I would also activate cruise control. As I have 3 spoke steering wheel so I am planning to make touch-like switches and put them on the steering spokes. I have been reading about all that and already checked if wires for the cruise control are present and they are. I have also been reading that configuring GEM might cause car not starting any more. Reading through the forum, looks like all shall be fine on FF 1.8 mk2.5 petrol but, have anybody done that on same?

Also, my brother has FF 1.6 mk2.5 petrol. Is it safe to use ELMconfig on his car too?

Many thanks and sorry for asking this, but I don't want to end up with a dead car (because of deleting PATS)....

hi as I stated before I was sold a focus st steering wheel it was the wrong one although I have modified it to fit not too much bother I still have to replace the capacitors in the switches. knowing what I know now I would just fit switches. I still have to get the cc working

Hi,

so ELMConfig shall work like a charm;) I hope the ELM327 will arrive soon so I can play around with it. If I manage to make work CC as I am planning to, I will upload schematics and everything.

BTW, simonaldridge82, you have written that you must change capacitors in the switches....? Aren't there resistors and not capacitors?

Hi all,

I have an Ford Focus RS MK2.5. Is it possible to activate the Hill launch assist?

Thanks