Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Have you tried changing the COM port?

i dont seem to get a choice.it is on com 3

it all worked when i first got it and i did a few changes with it so i know it works .so don't know if its windows 8.1

Hi,

have you tried "Run as administrator...."? While, as I remember (that was on windows 7) I had a user that was in administrators group but was "kind of limited" in a sense that accessing devices was not working unless I started an application with right click->Run As Administrator. Perhaps is the same problem with you on windows 8.1.

Gabrijel

Hmm, ok that's odd. Not sure then, runs on my windows 8.1 fine!

can you just go over from installing to running for me ,just in case Ive missed some thing .little things and all that

Hi,

have you tried "Run as administrator...."? While, as I remember (that was on windows 7) I had a user that was in administrators group but was "kind of limited" in a sense that accessing devices was not working unless I started an application with right click->Run As Administrator. Perhaps is the same problem with you on windows 8.1.

Gabrijel

yep done that ive even tried testing in windows running in windows seven still no go.what does the error code mean

Have you got a code reader at all? Just to check that the OBD port in the car is still working now.

I cant remember installation tbh, I just followed a youtube video and it worked first time lol.

What do you have the Baud rate set to?

Have you got a code reader at all? Just to check that the OBD port in the car is still working now.

I cant remember installation tbh, I just followed a youtube video and it worked first time lol.

What do you have the Baud rate set to?

baud goes really high.i tried it on lower but still the same.

• Like 1

Yeah it should work fine 500000, but if you've tried changing it then won't be that.

Running out of ideas I'm afraid! I'm sure someone will come along tomorrow and tell us it's something really simple lol.

• Like 1

Yeah it should work fine 500000, but if you've tried changing it then won't be that.

Running out of ideas I'm afraid! I'm sure someone will come along tomorrow and tell us it's something really simple lol.

what about 10000000. ?

i will keep trying not much hair left to pull out

• Like 1

yeah baby

i took the cover of the obd and found when id put the lid on id caught a wire so in time it broke so hence why it wont work.

does any one know ,if you have had the power fold programmed on the car can it be wiped out by the elm ?

my power fold mirrors arnt working now ,will look at them again tomo now i know how to re enable .

Nice one, at least you've sorted it!

Haven't had an issue with my mirrors using ELM, maybe popped the fuse?

Nice one, at least you've sorted it!

Haven't had an issue with my mirrors using ELM, maybe popped the fuse?

they work when i push the button,just not when locking.i need to do the routine again now i know how

Oh ok, I don't have mine to fold when locking lol.

you should get it done

Hello all.

I've just started playing with this now.

Does anyone get 4 or 5 chimes when they turn the ignition or engine on? I'm getting it and it's quite annoying and unnecessary.

What setting do I need to adjust?

When does the extra information appear on the dash display? I get nothing extra over the usual when sat still with the engine idling.

Cheers

Kye

Try reinstate the backups you made before you made any changes, reinstate the instrument cluster and gem specifically and see if that stops it...

All sorted! No more annoying bing bongs. I can open the drivers door with the ignition on and remain in silence!

I have selected the extra bits to appear on the display between the clocks, but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea anyone? Car spec under my avatar.

Which extra bits did you want in the display?

I got radio stuff on mine but due to the small screen it was just annoying so removed it again lol.

Think you may need to update the cluster firmware to the latest level before some of the extras show up, I'm sure there's more mention of it earlier on in this topic

hi,

I am trying to activate the cruise control on my focus 2.0 tdci 136 using elm config 0.2.15 but when I get to the pcm configuration and read my car info it comes bac as a petrol car and wont let me change it, I know I only have to check the integrated speed control box and then write it back to my car but I am not wanting to do this in case it causes any damage or makes my car not start with it thiking its petrol.

any ideas please ?

Have you changed the drop down box to your correct engine? Or id that the part it wont let you change?

Yes I selected the correct engine in the drop down box but still comes back saying it's a petrol and won't let me change to diesel.

Ah ok, and it says 'unleaded petrol' in the drop down on the left? Mines the same, didn't make a difference when I activated cruise yesterday. :)

ECPCM_zps8f172a96.png