Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

sounds like the base model, so our LX...

The PCM I think has two parts to it, you have the PCM Controller which provides the information, and then you have the PCM module which may be what your struggling to read.

Civil is based in Russia so has managed to code it to a lot of modules, but not all. For example, I had my CMAX before and had the same thing, but I couldnt read or write the full PCM as he hadnt seen one and so couldnt get the values for it.

Its possible that your module is unsupported too, just because Civil may not have seen it and therefore been able to cater for it,

Hm, that is a possibility but I'm hoping that's not what it is.

Oh yeah, sorry, I just remembered something, I also have a bluetooth ELM327 which is also able to connect at 500 000 baud (yeah, weird, I know), and I can read both VIN and data from the Configuration tab of PCM with it, so my PCM must be supported.

I bought this USB ELM in order to use it to configure my PCM, because use of bluetooth ELM is not advised when dealing with PCM or any module reprogramming.

Does it mean the problem is in the USB ELM then?

Btw, do you have an idea how can I force it to connect at anything other than 38400 without using the Auto checkbox?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Guys,

just got 1 Question. My Car has the "Hill hold" selected.. What does this means? Definitly it doesnt hold the brake on hills.. :D

And when i drive just with the clutch (at parking and so on) with no touching the gas pedal my car revs up a bit to ~1200rpm. this is really perfect when parking... but does every focus own this feature?

(1.8 TDCI mk2.5 - 2008)

best regards :)

Milos,

Its quite likely that the wiring is the problem on your USB ELM - may be worth sourcing a replacement!

Daniel, its normally only applicable to auto transmission vehicles, but when its set, if you have your foot on the brakes on a slight incline, when you take your foot off the brake to move to the gas, the car holds the brakes on for about 3 seconds longer so that it doesnt slide backwards. I had it on my 2005 plate cmax.

@ jeebowhite: Thanks for your help, I'll try to contact the seller.

Regarding your reply to Daniel, do even cars with manual gearbox behave that way if the hill hold option is set? I suppose that's a function of the BCM?

Milos,

Its quite likely that the wiring is the problem on your USB ELM - may be worth sourcing a replacement!

Daniel, its normally only applicable to auto transmission vehicles, but when its set, if you have your foot on the brakes on a slight incline, when you take your foot off the brake to move to the gas, the car holds the brakes on for about 3 seconds longer so that it doesnt slide backwards. I had it on my 2005 plate cmax.

@ jeebowhite: Thanks for your help, I'll try to contact the seller.

Regarding your reply to Daniel, do even cars with manual gearbox behave that way if the hill hold option is set? I suppose that's a function of the BCM?

I've got a manual (like 95% in Germany :p) and it doesnt hold the brakes. So i think it doesnt work on manuals.. :/

But as i said, when just use the clutch for parking and so on, the engine revs up a bit to 1200 for better parking. with this feature i never need the handbrake on really big inclines, just holding the car with my clutch is so easy with this feature.

but its annoying in city stop and go because in the process of engaging the clutch it revs up to 1200 and you drive faster than you want, when you engaged the clutch completly it sinks down till idling (driving with idle).

thats the reason why i asked if this feature is @ all cars or if it depends to the "hill hold" feature wich is activated.

(sorry, not the best english :/ )

Daniel, just to check if I understood you correctly: your car has a manual gearbox and everytime when you lift your foot from the clutch pedal, your car automatically revs up to 1200 rpm? Even when you are on flat surface?

Maybe this is a function which is supposed to make starting on hills easier and is supposed to be used together with either automatic gearbox or with electronic parking brake... I'm just guessing..

Hey. I need your advice for updating the PCM module in a FORD FOCUS 1.6 115hp (2008 model/facelift) friend of mine . Specifically we want to enable the cruise control in pcm .The PCM type is SIM28/29 . Because i am not 100% sure what is the right steps please correct if you mention something wrong/missing.....:

1) PCM module/Procedures/Page 2 -> Read firmware from PCM to BIN file (and save it in case of goes something wrong)

2) PCM module/Configuration -> Integrated Speed control (check in this option)

3) PCM module/Procedures/Page 2 -> Save firmware in PHF/BIN file

4) PCM module/Procedures/Page 2 -> Load firmware ( the one from step 3) from PHF/BIN file

5) PCM module/Procedures/Page 2 -> Save firmware to PCM....

Thanks

I havent heard of that feature I must admit! are you sure you dont just have an issue with idling?

I havent heard of that feature I must admit! are you sure you dont just have an issue with idling?

i think its normal...

Daniel, just to check if I understood you correctly: your car has a manual gearbox and everytime when you lift your foot from the clutch pedal, your car automatically revs up to 1200 rpm? Even when you are on flat surface?

Maybe this is a function which is supposed to make starting on hills easier and is supposed to be used together with either automatic gearbox or with electronic parking brake... I'm just guessing..

exactly. its great on every hill (even the hardest) and annoying in traffic jams.

so you can understand it easier, i made a video:

first releasing the clutch, then stopping. then engaging the clutch and driving in first gear @idle (no gas pedal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wis35Kl5OD8

on my car the hill hold on ELMConfigs HEC Page 2 was set. i turned that off, nothing changed.

then i set hec page1 and hec page2 hill hold on and again, nothing changed. so i did a roll back (hec page1 off and hec page2 on).

so i think the manual transmission doesnt have a hill hold feature.

then i tried the DDS (Deflation Detection System).

I turned DDS on HEC Page1 and in the BCM on. Now i cant set the tire pressure.

Then i did the Procedure "Deflation Detection System Learned Threshold Reset" in the BCM. and now i can set the pressure.

For testing i changed the pressure of the front left tire to 25,5 PSI (2,4 Bar) and set the pressure via onboard computer.

then i filled it back to normal wich is 34,8 PSI (2,4 Bar) and drove about 4km. there was no warning...

why didnt it work? someone got an idea?

For the DDS to be work you need to set all your tyre pressures (mine are set to 34psi), the ecu takes a while to learn the rotations of each wheel say 10-20 miles.

If one of the tyre pressures drops to about 18psi then the system recognised that one of the wheels is rotating faster than the others due to the lower tyre pressure thus a message is thrown up on the dash

For the DDS to be work you need to set all your tyre pressures (mine are set to 34psi), the ecu takes a while to learn the rotations of each wheel say 10-20 miles.

If one of the tyre pressures drops to about 18psi then the system recognised that one of the wheels is rotating faster than the others due to the lower tyre pressure thus a message is thrown up on the dash

Does it really needs so much Pressure loosing till it warns me? I think thats a bit crappy :D

Great video, Daniel. I believe that this option that makes your car rev up when releasing the clutch is set somewhere in the HEC, because in Focus, the gas pedal is connected directly to the HEC, and only to the HEC. So are the clutch and breaks pedal switches. I will try to experiment with these settings in my car and see if anything happens.

Does it really needs so much Pressure loosing till it warns me? I think thats a bit crappy :D

Yep sure is but better that than knackering up your rims

Purchased one of these cases in colour: black to securely house my Modified ELM327,

Size:165mm x 105mm x 55mm/6.44'' x 4.1'' x 2.15''(approx)

Here's a link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221674202335

I'll post some more pictures and a personal independent review when it arrives.

I may also get a decal printed for the outside from DMB graphics stating Ford Modified ELM327 would look good,

Overall the ELM327 can then be stored along with my other tools no need for special attention.

_57-2_zpsmkm1bwfh.jpg

_57-1_zpsnziuwhoa.jpg

_57_zpsyxcai6qr.jpg

• Like 1

Just a polite heads up. I have done the the radio info with my modified ELM cable but, I have an aftermarket stereo (kenwood ddx4025-bt to be specific). In the cars instrument cluster, I can "x" the box "radio info" but, it doesn't pick it up. Has anyone found this problem also? I know this isn't a 3rd world problem but, if at first you don't succeed, try, try...again. :)

Thanks in advance,

Jamie.

RB2004

understand your point, many thanks for the explanations!

when i investigated this issue i found out that the st/rs and kuga have many differences in PCMs, such as for example security keys or memory addressing. at the same time st and rs are the same regarding these points. also st and rs can have the one module from the same set of bosch modules, here are their numbers:

but no of them can be installed on kuga, it can have only next:

so i thought that this is the cause of situation why i can't read the kuga module and can't flash the custom calibration into it via obd. and was sure that st and rs are completely the same and there should not be any issues with rs. seems that i was mistaken..

troy45

you need to take the latest ELMConfig version (0.2.15), it has a tick on Page 1 of configuration marked as a steering menu availability.

107e3faac0e1t.jpg

Hi , i have a level 3 cluster fitted , before i had level 2. I have seen the the tick for steering settings on sport but dont have it on level 3 clusters menu list. Could i have this added?

Also somehow lost the snowflake in cluster but flashes in test mode. I have rom 509 . Car is focus titanium 2010 mk2.5.

Please note not very tech minded. Tezza off ffoc helped with elm327 modded.he has 2009 st225 if that helps

Yunii

Just a polite heads up. I have done the the radio info with my modified ELM cable but, I have an aftermarket stereo (kenwood ddx4025-bt to be specific). In the cars instrument cluster, I can "x" the box "radio info" but, it doesn't pick it up. Has anyone found this problem also? I know this isn't a 3rd world problem but, if at first you don't succeed, try, try...again. :)

Thanks in advance,

Jamie.

I've had similar since installing an aftermarket head unit - don't think there's a way round it as the cluster gets it's radio info from the original headunit.

Just tried to update my version of ELMconfig to the latest version (0.2.16) and getting an error when I try to run it MSWINSCK.OCX Not Registered.. I unzipped the new version into it's own folder so I could keep the older version. Remember that I had to do some installation stuff with .dll files when I first installed the software, would I need to do this again?

Current version I'm running is 0.2.13b, runs fine in offline mode

Whoops, just realised the RuntimePack still had an open dialogue box asking permission to start, let it rip and all works fine now :rolleyes:

Yunii, I have seen in this thread - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/66241-elm327forscan/ that there is talk about upgrading the HEC firmware fron with in the ELMConfig. If you have the firmware that ends in YR i believe this is Russia based and therefore excludes the snowflake so you might be best upgrading the firmware to see if it returns

• Like 1

Thanks in advance,

Jamie.

The radio info is communicated from the radio to the instrument cluster over the CANbus network. This function only works with original Ford radio's which support this function. Aftermarket radio's do not use the Ford CANbus network and do not support this function.

The radio info is communicated from the radio to the instrument cluster over the CANbus network. This function only works with original Ford radio's which support this function. Aftermarket radio's do not use the Ford CANbus network and do not support this function.

I appreciate this information! The only thing I changed with ELM Config was, auto door locks... And unticked initial reverse wipe when in reverse (I hate wiper smears lol). I want to add the function of low PSI warning. How do I go about that one again?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

To activate the DDS tire deflation system you need to activate this function in both the BCM and the HEC.

BCM : DDS (Focus Facelift, Kuga).

HEC : EPB (level 1)/DDS (level 2/3).

After these settings are programmed to both modules the DDS reset menu should appear in the instrument cluster menu.

To activate the DDS tire deflation system you need to activate this function in both the BCM and the HEC.

BCM : DDS (Focus Facelift, Kuga).

HEC : EPB (level 1)/DDS (level 2/3).

After these settings are programmed to both modules the DDS reset menu should appear in the instrument cluster menu.

on my car i wasnt able to reset so if you have the same prob then do the "Deflation Detection System Learned Threshold Reset" in BCM procedures

Brilliant! Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate you letting me know about the reset. I'll have a look when I get a second. Forgot to do it when I plugged it into my car. Just get worried about me doing fast speeds and a tyre shredding.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club