Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I have this problem when I use the wrong speed... So check other speeds

It can only connect at speed high enough for PCM operations when I leave the Auto checkbox checked (as I said, in that case it connects at 500 k). The only speed I can connect at other than that is 38400, and it behaves the same...

Milosh, it happens because ELM327 chip you have in your adapter doesn't fully correspond to original elm electronics specification. i don't remember the exact point but since one of the version the adapter soft reset command was added to avoid can-bus communication failures. some of the chinese firmwares process this command not correct and does the hard reset instead of soft reset including also a temporary set controller baudrate reset. decision is to write necessary baudrate to adapter constantly or just find another one which is equipped by a more suitable chip.

Thanks for your reply, Sergey! I will pass on this information to my seller and he can pass it on to his supplier. Hopefully this will help, maybe not me but others in the future!

Just a quick question (can't go through whole thread right now): should connection speed of 256000 bps be enough for activating Cruise Control in the PCM? If not, should 500 000 do it?

Thanks

I use 500000 for PCM and HEC and for GEM 38400

I used 500.000 for all

made me own long time ago silcon lab chip

Hello guys,

What could cause the Error DTC: P1260,21 under PCM module? I saw that after I'm clearing the DTCs and I go to PCM>Configuration Tab and click on "Read from PCM" button the error appears again.

It's there a problem with the latest ELMConfig(2.16c)?

http://postimg.org/image/scl35dn5v/

Thanks.

Hi Guys, just tried to enable CruiseControl on CMAX 2.0 TDCI 2008 with ElmConfig 0.2.16c and facing same Problems as desribed by Milosh (Only one Action per Session on 500000bps).

Everything works fine with slower settings. By the way I'm using ELM328 from same shop as Milosh and it seems to have same Problem with HardwareReset as described by Sergey!

I just ordered a new one from: http://www.spanglefish.com/TunnelratElectronics/

which will hopefully work better!

I tried a workaround by restart Elmconfig for every 500000 bps operation partly successfully, until the Point of writing modified(Checkbox for CruiseControl checked) PCMConfig file to PCM!

It build up Connection, but at the Point other User used to have the PopUp with empty VID-Block it just complained about it and showed "OK Button" instead of "YES" or "No"!?

So I'm wondering if this has something to do with this Version of ElmConfig or if i did something wrong?!

Here are some links with Desriptions i've followed:

http://www.focusclub.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=34189

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/30008-guide-fitting-cruise-control-focus-mk2-mk25-and-ford-c-max/page-37

So maybe somebody knows how to enable CruiseControl in PCM with this Version of ElmConfig?

@ Breal: I have received information from our seller that his factory in China has found several ways to solve this constant speed problem, but they are still testing them to see which one is better. I'm waiting to hear back from him.

Thank you very much for Information Milosh!

Please let us know if there are any News from chinese factory concerning the speed Issue.

By the way, to you have any closer information about the VID Message when writing to PCM in ELMConfig 2.16 Version?

Or maybe where to get older Versions of ELM Config(it seems to work in 2.11)?

I now have three old versions, the 2.06, 2.10 and the 2.15.

I downloaded some of those from James Simpson's website, but you can find them on other sites and forums as well.

If you wish, I can send those versions to you on Saturday. PM me your email address if you like.

I really don't know anything about VID block issues, maybe other guys here can help you out.

think I will get one looks good how long did it take :)

• Like 1

think I will get one looks good how long did it take :)

Almost five weeks i think but cheap

just order one keep me elm unit in good nick :)

• Like 1

just order one keep me elm unit in good nick :)

+1

Much cheaper than a replacement Modified elm327,

Would be nice to have some sort of decal made up for the case,

I can visualise modified elm327's being sold along with these cases in the near future lol

I've got a spare case arriving for free as result of an eBay dispute as it was supposed to arrive in 3 weeks, i raised a claim and seller despatched again so if anyone wants a free one,

Ill ship it out when it arrives in 5 weeks.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! My name is DonDragonka.

I read the whole topic... :-)

I would like to say thanx for all information!

• Like 1

Hi, just a short Update,

Ordered second ELM 327 from Tunnelrats UK and it works realy great also with 500kps.

Just enabled Cruisecontrol successfully using ElmConfig 2.16c :)

I had to write complete (modified) Firmware back to PCM to enable it, so just enable and write it from PCM - Configuration Page did not work in my Case.

Big thanks for great tool to Sergey, donation will follow!

• Like 1

Hi, just a short Update,

Ordered second ELM 327 from Tunnelrats UK and it works realy great also with 500kps.

Just enabled Cruisecontrol successfully using ElmConfig 2.16c :)

I had to write complete (modified) Firmware back to PCM to enable it, so just enable and write it from PCM - Configuration Page did not work in my Case.

Big thanks for great tool to Sergey, donation will follow!

Glad to hear you succeeded, Alex!

Can you please elaborate a bit on the problem you had with enabling the CC in PCM...

Did the checkbox stay checked after writing the new configuration but CC still didn't work, or it wouldn't stay checked (hope that makes sense)?

Cheers

OK, so my Problem was basicly following the Instruction from here:

http://www.focusclub.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=34189

If you scroll down there are two desriptions for enabling CC in PCM.

I tried second one (Description for 0.2.11c) where it should be sufficient to read/modify and write back the Configuration (I think thats whats called the VID-Block).

But here is a link to Video showing exactly the Problem I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1nO3Q5q2fQ

So i basicly did as described by igorsinkovec:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/30008-guide-fitting-cruise-control-focus-mk2-mk25-and-ford-c-max/?p=465318

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to download the software ELMConfig from the site Russian but two days is not reached. Where can I get the latest version? It would also runtime.

thanks

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to download the software ELMConfig from the site Russian but two days is not reached. Where can I get the latest version? It would also runtime.

thanks

I uploaded. Here you can find. Inside the zip you can find the latest 0.2.16C ELMC, and the RuntimePack to. Just unpack it and use...