Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I checked and nothing happend ,i drive and i reach 6000rpm and nothing happend.

I was told that the shiftlight is supposed to light up at 6500 RPM.

Indeed with "Shift UP" option selected in HEC Page 1, the Red Arrow lights up at 6500RPM on Focus Mk2.5 with Level 2 dashboard.

:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I have to say that this topic is amazing. Thanks to Preee for starting it and adding a tonne of awesome information, and massive thanks to Sergey for writing the program too. The only downside to this thread is that it's become a bit of a monster, and it can be hard to find specifics buried in a lot of questions and helpful advice.

So, mainly for my own benefit, I decided to add a page to my web site to detail how to do specific tasks, so that the information is quick to get at. Even though pretty much no one uses my web site, I still wanted it to look decent and give props where they're due, namely here and to Sergey, and then added a bit of information about getting the adapter as I had a nightmare finding one that worked. So, it's getting a bit bigger than I expected, but It should still simplify the process of finding the information.

As I said, I don't want to be treading on anyone's toes, and I'm not getting anything for doing this, just wanted the information to be quicker to get at. Hopefully this will contribute something positive :)

http://darrenlines.co.uk/focus-ELM.php

I may start adding write-ups of other things I do to the car too. Anyway, please don't think I'm an ar$ehole, it wasn't my intention.

• Like 1

I can't get the latest two elmconfigs to work for my mk4 mondeo. I have installed the runtime pack but still when I try reading or writing to the bcm I get an error message

PCM files can be downloaded from the following website:

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

This is the website of Civil-Z (the author of ELMconfig).

You should only update the PCM firmware if you know what you are doing. Updating the PCM is not without risk. In worst case it could result in a non starting car because of a defective PCM. I updated the PCM several times but I did also own a spare PCM and have the ability to solve possible problems by reprograming the PCM and ignition keys with a different diagnostic system.

On many stock firmware versions of the ST the shift light does not function. Many ST drivers do notice the shift light for the first time after new PCM firmware has been installed or the car has been remapped (on many remap PCM files the shift light is also activated).

Hi i see the page http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm and i also look my pcm https://www.dropbox.com/sc/742kyn1ijwougzn/AACBo7udi6RNIyBFfkqWkGsZa . This mean i can update my pcm ?What features i get with the new pcm if i can first and where i can find the right procedure to do this.

My car is ford focus mkii 2006 ,ti-vct,115ps ,Code engine HXDA,unleaded gasoline

• Like 1

Your current PCM firmware is E00DS4XD dated 23-05-2005. The latest firmware version available for your type of engine would be G0037SCA dated 18-12-2006.

All other newer firmware files are not suitable for your car because of technical differences.

Newer PCM firmware does not give you new or different features. The newer PCM firmware may have some improvements but this can not be checked because Ford does not release information about the changes of each firmware version. The latest firmware version is not necessarily the best firmware version for a specific type of engine. For example an improvement of fuel economy may let the engine run less smooth.

Updating the PCM firmware is not without risk. If the update goes wrong there is a big chance of bricking the PCM. You should only start updating the PCM if you know exactly what you are doing.

On my previous Focus MK2 I updated the PCM firmware several times using the ELMconfig software without any problems. However I also owned a spare PCM identical to the original PCM and I also have the diagnostic equipment to reprogram the PCM completely including the PATS system.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answear JW1982.The ford dealers can make this procedure?This updates made by ford ?I had the impresion the update only can give me new features like the red arrow on my dashboard it lights at 6500 7000rpm and change it from red to green so as to have the shift up indicator. I also want at the feature to change my speedo instrument cluster from the focus 2008 facelift with the big screen, to do this i have read my friends at the ford focus hellas (Greece) how can it be done and after that enable the eco mode if i can to my car.With the elm 327 i enable the cruise control ,reverse warning ,auto locking,instant fuel consumption,i make my rear lights like the St and all this thanks to you guys.

Where i can read the procedure before i made a desision?

Every Ford dealer should be able to update the firmware. The firmware files which are listed on the website of Civil-Z are the original Ford firmware files. These files can also be downloaded from the Motorcraft website free of charge.

The Shift-Light / ECO Shift-Light subject is quite complicated. It is only possible to have 1 of these functions. To have both functions together is not possible. All Focus MK2 and early MK2.5 versions did have a red Shift-Light which is activated approximately 500 RPM before the RPM limiter becomes active. All late Focus MK2.5 versions did have a green ECO Shift-Light.

The Shift-Light and ECO Shift-Light functions are both controlled by the PCM. However to be able to control this function both the PCM hardware and software (firmware) must support this function.

There are no technical differences between the instrument clusters with red or green shift light. Only the color of the LED is different. MY 2005 Focus MK2 did have the red Shift-Light which was fully functional. After I installed a 2010 Focus MK2.5instrument cluster with green Shift-Light this function was still functional. The green LED was activated approximately 500 RPM before the RPM limiter became active.

My experience is that there are both PCM hardware and software (firmware) version which do not support the Shift-Light functions. After I updated the PCM firmware to the latest version the Shift-Light did not function anymore. Apparently the latest firmware did not support this function. On the other hand my spare PCM did not support the Shift-Light function either. No matter what firmware was loaded into this PCM the Shift-Light function did never work.

Unfortunately there is no information about which hardware and software versions do or do not support the Shift-Light or ECO Shift-Light function.

The Focus MK2.5 instrument cluster can be installed into a Focus MK2 without any problems. Both instrument clusters are technically fully compatible. The only difference is the configuration of the instrument cluster. This basically means the new instrument cluster must be configured manually. This can be done with the ELMconfig software.

The PATS immobilizer system is partly integrated into the instrument cluster. This means that after installing a new instrument cluster the PATS system needs to be reprogrammed completely. This can only be done with a suitable Ford specific diagnostic system which has the ability to reprogram the Ford (CODED) PATS system.

At this time I reprogrammed dozens of Focus MK2/MK2.5 instrument clusters. If you want more information about this subject you could send me a personal message.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if i update the pcm the cruise control stop working and i have to do the procedure again or stay enable?or the worst i can't enable again

Hi guys,

The latest FORScan 2.2.4 beta, supports PATS programming. More details in this topic:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839

I've tested and it works like a charm with the fallowing clone:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Keyless-Entry-Remote-Key-Fob-3-Button-433MHz-With-Chip-4D63-For-Ford-Focus-Mondeo-C/32223553551.html

Cheers

Hi guys,

The latest FORScan 2.2.4 beta, supports PATS programming. More details in this topic:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839

I've tested and it works like a charm with the fallowing clone:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Keyless-Entry-Remote-Key-Fob-3-Button-433MHz-With-Chip-4D63-For-Ford-Focus-Mondeo-C/32223553551.html

Cheers

Thanks for the info!

What adapter did you use for this, a modified ELM as well, or something else?

Hi Milosh,

Yes, I used a modified ELM interface for both MS and HS capabilities, with "PIC18F2580" chip.

Regards.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to make some changes in HEC but I'm stuck, so please share your knowledge.

I own a 2005 1.6 80KW focus. I believe it has the HEC level 2 as there is trip computer an small display. I successfully activated "instant fuel consumption" but I am not happy with the refresh time as it is updating every 5 or so seconds. While on idle I get 0.00 for 4 seconds and then 1.8 lt/h for 1 second. Then I thought the solution was the "instant fuel consumption value update interval" but...

I cannot read page 3 of HEC... "it is not supported" is the message and oddly the "HEC information" reports "initial rom level:000" which I am unable to update as... it is not supported!

Any ideas?

Many thanks to the author of the SW and all you amazing contributors!!!

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to make some changes in HEC but I'm stuck, so please share your knowledge.

I own a 2005 1.6 80KW focus. I believe it has the HEC level 2 as there is trip computer an small display. I successfully activated "instant fuel consumption" but I am not happy with the refresh time as it is updating every 5 or so seconds. While on idle I get 0.00 for 4 seconds and then 1.8 lt/h for 1 second. Then I thought the solution was the "instant fuel consumption value update interval" but...

I cannot read page 3 of HEC... "it is not supported" is the message and oddly the "HEC information" reports "initial rom level:000" which I am unable to update as... it is not supported!

Any ideas?

Many thanks to the author of the SW and all you amazing contributors!!!

Some of the more knowledgeable members might correct me on this, but I believe what you have is HEC level 1. As far as I know, it doesn't support changing of the instant consumption update interval, nor setting the options on page 3, you need to have HEC level 2/3 for that.

Some of the more knowledgeable members might correct me on this, but I believe what you have is HEC level 1. As far as I know, it doesn't support changing of the instant consumption update interval, nor setting the options on page 3, you need to have HEC level 2/3 for that.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to tell for sure what level is the HEC? I thought that having a trip computer (along with EHPAS etc) is level 2, Isn't it?

HEC Part number: 4M5T-10849-GM

*LEVEL 1 = Instrument cluster with small display without trip computer.

*LEVEL 2 = Instrument cluster with small display with trip computer.

*LEVEL 3 = Instrument cluster with large display with trip computer.

Part number 4M5T-10849-GM is a LEVEL 2 Focus MK2 Diesel instrument cluster with green illumination.

It's level 2 then!

How about activating the level2/3 menu in page 2?

The level 2/3 menu on page 2 is only for the more advanced MK2.5 (facelift) instrument cluster.

What about page 3 then?

Is it also for the MK2.5 (facelift) instrument cluster and the instant consumption update interval can be modified only for the MK2.5 (facelift) instrument cluster?

*LEVEL 1 = Instrument cluster with small display without trip computer.

*LEVEL 2 = Instrument cluster with small display with trip computer.

*LEVEL 3 = Instrument cluster with large display with trip computer.

Part number 4M5T-10849-GM is a LEVEL 2 Focus MK2 Diesel instrument cluster with green illumination.

Thank you Wilco. I stand corrected.

What about page 3 then?

Is it also for the MK2.5 (facelift) instrument cluster and the instant consumption update interval can be modified only for the MK2.5 (facelift) instrument cluster?

Page 3 is also only for the MK2.5 instrument cluster. These settings are only applicable to firmware versions 508, 509, 511 and 512 of the LEVEL 2 and 3 MK2.5 instrument cluster. These settings do not work on any other firmware versions.

The firmware of the old MK2 instrument clusters is completely different from the MK2.5 firmware. The MK2 firmware can not be updated safely. There is a high risk of bricking the MK2 instrument cluster during the update procedure. Next to this there are no noticeable differences between the different MK2 firmware versions so there is basically no need to update the firmware.

I see... it is not just a level 2/3, it has to be MK2.5 as well... so not a chance to change the instant fuel update interval on a MK2.

Many thanks for the info!

I have an ST owner with a 2008 Focus ST who, wants me to enable doors auto locking. It is a facelight version. Can anyone tell me on here if, ELM Config will read his car, if I click "Focus II". He lives 30 miles away so, I don't want to invite him over if, it's not going to work. If anyone can reply ASAP. He's wanting to come in the morning!!!!

Many thanks :)

Yes it should work, remember to make a back of the config files first.