Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Preee

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

2,505 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

There is a way to update the firmware of audio unit ? In Elmconfing I didn't found such  option.

Depends on the Audio unit. Mine is a travel pilot and I updated the firmware via the USB socket.

2 hours ago, stefanovidiu said:

Hi guys,

There is a way to update the firmware of audio unit ? In Elmconfing I didn't found such  option.

its software you download and run on usb to update the head unit

Hello guys!

I did not find too much information on this thread about ECU remapping using Elmconfig.

I read from Civil's and emerald293 posts that at least theoretically the uploading of remapped calibration files is possible but you need to have them already checksummed since ELmconfig does not do it itself. Have any of you been getting further on this topic?

I have already been able to succesfully upgrade my Ford Kuga 136hp '08 PCM firmware to the latest original firmware you can find on Civil's webpage after backing up my VID-block's information. Lately I downloaded my Kuga's "calibration file only" with Elmconfig and sent the .bin file to enginetuning.eu for Stage 1 remapping, who politely told me they are not familiar with Elmconfig and they will refuse to remap the file since they don't want to take risks, even after checking that the calibration file I sent seemed to be completely correct.

I would like to know, if any of you have been using Elmconfig for flashing remapped files and if you have, which remapping service (webpage) you have used for the file itself? I do not know or want to learn on how to tune the file with WinOLS or ECU Titanium since I am completely sure there are many people providing very good service around, so I will gladly pay for someone to do it. But the ECU reading/writing should be the easy part and I would like to be sure if it is NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL with Elmconfig before ordering cheap clones of Galletto or Kess v2 for just one remap.

Thank you in advance and big respect to Civil for his work from Finland!

PCM

...You will notice here that having ‘read’ the information on the previous page, the program has automatically entered the correct ‘PCM Type’ for you in the box at the top (The range of similar PCMs of which yours will be one). I’m assuming here there must obviously be a correlation between the PCM Type shown on the ‘Information’ page, and the PCM types supported by ELMConfig...

Hello guys! And thanks OldLen for the detailed guide.

First time poster here, sorry if I still didn't introduce myself in the proper subforum. I was looking for some info (you guess it) on how to enable the CC on my mk2.5 2008 Focus.

A doubt I had reading the write-up: why not starting from the PCM, if there's a chance that the current module may be not supported by elmconfig? This is to avoid activating the CC in the other modules and then find out you can't into the PCM... Just a thought.

Thanks.