Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

I can report back that activating this

ЭГУР

Eguren - electronic hydraulic power steering

Brings up Power Steering malfunction on the display.

hi guys.

I wonder if F-Super, that is based in the Mobydic 3210, is doing the same job?

This module can prorgam itself.

Any sagestions?

hi guys.

I wonder if F-Super, that is based in the Mobydic 3210, is doing the same job?

This module can prorgam itself.

Any sagestions?

not knowing what Formidable was i checked it out , it does not do the same functions as ELM-FF2 , its more of a diagnostic software by the looks of it.

Hi Dudes

I have tried entering the codes into putty.

When i type the letters and numbers in i hit enter and it just makes me write it again over the original letters and numbers but i dont get an OK message :-(

Plz plz help i really want to go and try this baby out

Jamie

Hi Pree

Can you do some more pages translated.

I set my computer to russian a few weeks ago and i could i change the fuzzing pregnant fish (alternate swear words) it took me exactly two weeks to get it back to english.

That is my excuse over anyway.

I mean pages like the :-

DDM-PDM

HVAC

RCM

Additional Pages ???

Diagnostics ???

Iam thick at times

Jamie :-(

Hi Dudes

I have tried entering the codes into putty.

When i type the letters and numbers in i hit enter and it just makes me write it again over the original letters and numbers but i dont get an OK message :-(

Plz plz help i really want to go and try this baby out

Jamie

Dude, after you hit enter do you get prompt like >Kpp2csv81 ? Because if so, it is because your ELM327 dongle does send <CR>OK<CR> message to your terminal which causes your cursor to jump back to the beginning of the line (CR as Carriage Return), then OK is written and then again your cursor jumps back to the beginning of the line. Command you typed was probably well received and processed by the ELM327 dongle. Your terminal just expected <CR><LF> (Carriage Return + Line Feed) instead of plain <CR>. At least in PuTTY this is easily fixed from settings under Terminal, just enable: Implicit LF in every CR. Everyhing should be displayed right after then.

- J

On another note i have been using AABBY scan software .Taken screen shots of the various screens of ELM-FF2 and ELMconfig , then loading the images into AABBY , placing the program in Russian :) this then translates the image into text , save them as word documents and then Google translate. Works a treat . Before i was using Russian online keyboard and manually typing each letter before using google translate.

Only thing i have not done yet is over lay the text on the images , not had time.

There is even easier way. Install software like Caputre Text (http://www.capturetext.com/) which allows you to select areas from the screen and copy all the textx from it no matter if it was originally possible to select it or not. Then paste to Google Translator and presto. Capture Text is shareware, but trial version is enough for translating these Russian programs.

Ps. Thanks for everybody for previous translations. Because this very thread I originally realized I actually can reconfigure my Ford without paying big bucks to the local Ford dealer. Already enabled instant fuel and disabled automatic rear wiper (extremely annoying when it's below zero and rear wiper is frozen or when rear window is covered in sand and rear wiper then scratches my rear window) and now I'm planning to get new steering wheel with cruise control buttons... Anyone know if it's possible to install just the cruise control buttons to 4-pole steering wheel without major plastic cutting?

Thanx Jarp i just downlaoded it

Jamie :-)

what does the instant fuel thing do ?

It shows instant fuel consumption ;) Nothing more, nothing less :)

Just in case someone is interested in doing the cruise control retrofit, i found this available - no idea if the first one is compatible with a standard Focus.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337395b3aa

C-max steering wheel is not compatibile with Focus. Possibly it could be fitted, but it would require C-max airbag as well (not sure if connection is the same) and the costs are raising high.

This one is listed as having stereo controls but it is obvious by the photo that it's actually cruise control buttons.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c476e217

And i believe the correct retrofit airbag cover.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c241b2736

Nice find.

I still can not get used to some parts prices in UK. Worth looking abroad.

Second wheel is the right one Stoney..........good find. Buy the wheel , put it on , activate...... and bingo ! Well, worked for me anyway :)

Absolutly Fantastic!!

Im running Windows 7 Professional and ive purchased the ELM diagnostic connector from eBay along with a switch and got the ELM Modified, downloaded the Russian Inteligence and connected the ELM to my 1.6TDCi Focus Mk2.5

and within 15 minutes i have activated:

The washer Fluid warning (sensor Not fitted so i need to switch this off again)

The RDS Stereo display in centre gauge screen.

The Phone Display in centre gauge screen.

Auto door lock feature (when driving over 10kmh)

and

Real Time Fuel Consumption

very happy with this Guide and all of the information in it,

looking foward to seeing what the future software will contain, and i didnt think my centre display would be capable of the RDS display etc. because my screen is the small version but it works fine, and now where it normally displayed the mileage, i can cycle through the various displays such as temp, fuel consumption etc, while the centre area is reserved for the stereo display and the phone display (when ringing) and the time and temp outside is still displayed on the top of the screen at all times too.

im a very happy member of Foc :D

Thanks Pree and Pidu excellent work lads, this is a credit to you both B)

got windows 7 laptop

downloaded first russian software and tried com1 with vin number and no joy

computer had a heart attack about something else and I couldn't view this guide properly, but i got the bit about modifying the ELM with the command window so i tried that and it did sort of work. During this process i realised that it was in com7.

i then tried the russian software again and got into it but get a funny error when i try to read the data.

the second russian software gives the error mentioned but i don't know where to put the dll files.

did i screw it up by modifying the elm when i didnt need to?

Hi mate,

i have a windows 7 system too and when i clicked to scan the ecu and it showed up what looked like an eroor but i clicked the box on it that i assumed

was saying ''Continue''

then it scanned the system for me and displayed the box's that were activated,

allowing me to click pther box's and then write it to the ECU.

hope this helps mate,

I too activated the Shift Light feature then took her out on the motorway and hit the red line in 3rd but no light came on...

not even a blue one :rolleyes:

so im going to switch it off again tomorrow.

cheers Lenny

i did the putty change to the elm as well so not sure if that can have a negative effect if its not needed?

also, how long did it take after you hit "continue" (or whatever it said!) for the box's to become ticked?

Couple of seconds and its done. You have to rescasn it to see the changes......

cheers Lenny

i did the putty change to the elm as well so not sure if that can have a negative effect if its not needed?

also, how long did it take after you hit "continue" (or whatever it said!) for the box's to become ticked?

from the time i clicked update, i think it was defo less than 2minutes mate, but it may also depend on the laptop performance for it to transfer the info to the car.

i didnt do anything with the PuTTY because i dont know what it does but i activated all of the bits in my previous post by just re-wiring the ELM and using the russan software and refering to prees first post in this guide for reference to the ticked box's and ticking of further box's

cheers Lenny

The changes made to the ELM chip via PuTTy only adds commands to allow the ELM chip to read a different configuration , opens the required ports , the ELM chip stores these extra commands and has no effect on the normal use of the ELM in standard mode it's just extra commands.

Hitting "write" to send the ticked commands takes a blink of an eye , and you just have to Rescan as already stated.

Lenny , James_60 did you try Ford ECO MODE , it works great on mine , just a gimmick but it's there , mine says my gear changing sucks , but my speed is very good :)

Yeah i have tried ecomode :-) it works great

I really want to start adding features to my car now but everyone says no no no lol

Jamie

Yeah i have tried ecomode :-) it works great

I really want to start adding features to my car now but everyone says no no no lol

Jamie

i would like to activate the global opening and closing feature,

but i only have front electric windows, hopfully with the OBD and the software their may be a way of auto closing the windows when i lock the car,

also if the GEM software is in development, i hope the create some software to act as a turbo timer, this would keep the engine running after you have removed your key and locked your car, it would keep the engine running for up to 3minutes to cool down the turbo, depending on how fast you had been driving,

I downloaded the programme but all i get is question marks instead of text..

can somone help, please :)

mine is the same mate,

The only way to be able to read the text is to change your computers language to Russian,which i dont recommend doing lol

but you don’t need to because pree has done all of the hard work for us,

to use the software just start it up and connect the ELM to your car,

then using pree's screen shots on the first page as reference

tick the box's that you want to activate in correspondence to the translations Pree has done on the screen shots.

Count the box’s from the top down, on prees screen shots,

Then go to your software and tick that box the same as prees guide so you know what your activating.

i have done mine this way and got 100% results. very happy

MrGrumpy , you need to change your system locale , as the English Unicode will be currently displayed , under control panel language and region you need to change so that it reads Unicode to russian so that it will see the Russian characters.

But fear not , on page one of my guide if you download and print the pictures , that will then guide you through what the various commands are so no need to change unicode to russian ,just count the tick box's :)