Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

May I ask? 2013 mk3 focus., No friend successfully open the speed control lock?, Or other hidden features?

May I ask? 2013 mk3 focus., No friend successfully open the speed control lock?, Or other hidden features?

No not yet , we are hoping in the future

The ECO shift up lamp is controlled by the PCM. It is possible that your versions of the PCM doesn't support this feature. The signal to turn on the shift light is missing in older PCM versions. Possibly a firmware upgrade of the PCM will solve this.

i have retrofiited the MK2.5 instrument cluster with firmware version 0509 to my MK2 (2005). on my car everything works fine including the ECO-mode feature. The only thing that isn't working is the ECO shift up light because of the missing signal from the PCM.

I have updated my HEC ROM to the latest 509 to enable the ECO Shift Up indicator but from reading through I think I understand that the PCM needs updating as well unless I have missed a tick box somewhere.

HEC.jpg

HECConfigPg1.jpg

HECConfigPg2.jpg

HECConfigPg3.jpg

PCMInfo.jpg

Many thanks

Jason

Mk3 Hidden Options.....................

http://www.focusowners-social.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=12987&start=0

focus sport club (taiwan)

mk3

http://www.focus-sport.club.tw/forumdisplay.php?fid=838

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mk3 Hidden Options.....................

http://www.focus-sport.club.tw/viewthread.php?tid=343883&highlight=%E9%80%9F%E6%8E%A7

I have some of these leads ready modified if anyone needs them!

PM me with some details please. How much etc.

Well if that forum is correct does that mean i can connect my modified elm into my mk3 and it will work.

What software version do i need

Jamie

Well if that forum is correct does that mean i can connect my modified elm into my mk3 and it will work.

What software version do i need

Jamie

No it's not correct , the poster was referring to this thread and mixed it thinking it would work on the mk3.

hi guys, been having a read through this thread over the last few days - and will be having a tinker with my 2008 focus titanium 1.8 Tdci soon - thanks for the efforts in making this a great resource for focus owners.

My cluster rom is showing version 0230 at present. It seems pretty 'old' to that of 0509 going by just numbers... :blink:

I have a cable on order. I take it this can only be used to read information prior to the mod like fault codes etc...will test it when it arrives before taking it apart to make sure its working fine.

evening all, trying to retrofit the CC to my 2009 focus. i have all the switches in the harness and added the buttons, done the heated screen test and the buttons do work!

ive activated it in the HEC and the GEM but it still doesnt work! im guessing it needs activating in the PCM aswell? does anybody know if i can activate it myself without going to fords as all my local ones want minimum £90 and had no idea what i was talking about :/

Thanks

evening all, trying to retrofit the CC to my 2009 focus. i have all the switches in the harness and added the buttons, done the heated screen test and the buttons do work!

ive activated it in the HEC and the GEM but it still doesnt work! im guessing it needs activating in the PCM aswell? does anybody know if i can activate it myself without going to fords as all my local ones want minimum £90 and had no idea what i was talking about :/

Thanks

I have activated the CC in my C-MAX pre-facelift model at 2011 summer. The harness and the steering wheel put by me. The activation in 3 items (HEC,GEM,PCM) were done by FORD service .At that time i did not know ELM327/ELMConfig....

I think that only FORD IDS program can read/write PCM module until know. The cost of £90 is high.... ( required 5 minutes to enable CC in PCM )

Yeah i know right, its because they will charge an hours labour minimum! hmmmm

any help would be appreciated

Thanks, I already had an Elm327 interface but it was serial RS232 and an out of date version, had it since 2007 so thought it was time for an upgrade so I can modify it to access the other modules lol. Looked on eBay and somebody was selling pre-modified ones for £35, which seems a bit expensive seeming that one is only £10 so have purchased that and will modify myself :) ElmScan has been a great help so far :) I have a 2008 2.0 TDCi mk2.5 also which is currently in a crippled state lol its in limp mode and wont rev over 3000 rpm and struggles to get past 50mph so its been great being able to scan the various modules in my ongoing investigation into eliminating this problem.

@RB2004

SToc members get £10 off and free postage :)

Im not a paid member on there at the moment though :( only free registered, and didn't know if you needed to be a paid member to qualify lol. now I know it was only £25 that seems like a good deal considering the work involved in modifying it.

Yeah it doesn't matter if your a paid member or not as long as you can PM and are happy with the conditions of sale ;)

@RB2004 mine is a V1.5a also and has been modified and works well with the latest software :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SX0a-fJWBNE

I locked the door control switch control switch line. Transferred to the center console. Easy to use control into the driver's door. Copilot door control switch three locks.

Am pleased with the changes using the modified lead i've had on loan from Lenny - will be posting this back to you in the next week or so. :)

I updated the clocks a few weeks back and activated

Auto door locking

DDS

Eco mode

Shift light

Changed some timings for the lights.

My distant to empty is well out still says on filling the tank i have a range of 350ish miles when i only get about 230ish miles to a tank and today I used the built in sat nav and the miles to your end of journey is out on the clocks compared to the touch screen

By 1.6 miles.

I have ran 3 tanks full through the car since changing anything

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club