Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

yeh ll double check my wiring tomorrow and then use the software to program it,

You dont need to use the PuTTy program anymore. You should update my guide. Ops I mean your guide James !

• Like 1

James,

quite nice description how to add a switch to ELM327 - but 4 prongs switch (without neutral position) will work fine.

My biggest remark is that putty is completely not needed to enable MS-CAN
in ELMConfig, because Sergey had taken care of that: in old versions
there was a button to enable MS-CAN n right upper corner, and in later
versions ou need to press 'ELM327 setup' from first screen and then
press 'Setup ELM327 for MS-CAN bus' (prior to hitting this button, you
need to select the right speed and port number) - ELMConfig will send
those commands that you type in putty. Much easier.

Hi you all! I have been playing with ELMConfig some time already, but what I cannot find anywhere is how to get my car's DLR mode activated. I do not mean attaching LED Daylights, but turning on the option that the headlamps turn on automatically at a lower power everytime the engine is running even with having the light selector at zero-position ("Scandinavian mode").

Is it possible to turn on with ELMConfig or ELM-FF2, or any other program using MS-can/HS-can cable? My Ford dealer wants 70 euros for the change which himself says "can be changed in the ECU without extra wiring" and it feels so stupid to pay such an amount of money for the feature, since I am able to change much more features with ELMConfig by myself... Here in Finland daylights are compulsory at all times, and it is much nicer to have them automatically than forget to turn them manually on every now and then :)

in FF2 platform (so also Kuga) scandinavian lights are purely hardware - no software

So how do you explain, that they offer me the service "reprogramming" for 70 euros at Ford service? I have asked in two places, same answer.

James Simpson,

I see a lot of the content of your post is either a mirror image thereof, or a direct copy of the information posted by Preee throughout this thread. I would think that it would be courtesy to compliment and acknowledge the work of others that you have used.

Credit has already been given for the image which I used, and also link to this thread has been provided at the bottom of the page. I fail to see where I have copied word for word though, as I wrote this piece without looking at this guide, just had the wiring diagram infront of me. :)

Credit has already been given for the image which I used, and also link to this thread has been provided at the bottom of the page. I fail to see where I have copied word for word though, as I wrote this piece without looking at this guide, just had the wiring diagram infront of me. :)

James

The first section of your guide is almost a mirror image of page one apart from more details on the wiring of the ELM327 , which is covered extensively in further post's , what you failed to pick up on is the fact that PuTTy has not been used for updating the ELM327 for several months.

It is dissappointing that you jump into the middle of a well used thread and hijack it with "your guide" providing links to your blog.

The only reason i have not removed your links , is because , i find it ironic that you claim to have written this guide or in my vision Copy/Paste and edit.

Preee

• Like 2

It's a guide to do exactly the same thing, so it will look exactly the same surely?

James Simpson was offering cables for sale until the post was edited to remove the offer, I feel that the reason for hooking into the thread was a sales ploy but unfortunately minimum post count and length of membership rules were not met to the satisfaction of the Management/Moderation Team.

Please read the selling rules before offering items for sale.

I vote for it to be removed everything is nicely kept up to date in this thread by the people who know what they are talking about.

Edited by jbeer
  • Like 2

I don't know why this is such a big issue. I have been around for many years and is well known in the Ford scene.

Owned focus's all my life, first person ever to make a ST lookalike...

The post provides credit and links for new members to join in on the club. I've been on here years ages under the "Jamz" username but lost my password and signed in with Facebook, which created this account.

You will find me on all the Ford Owners Clubs.

I don't know why this is such a big issue. I have been around for many years and is well known in the Ford scene.

Owned focus's all my life, first person ever to make a ST lookalike...

The post provides credit and links for new members to join in on the club. I've been on here years ages under the "Jamz" username but lost my password and signed in with Facebook, which created this account.

You will find me on all the Ford Owners Clubs.

Then I apologise about my comments about leaving it to the people the know.I was taking this on the back of your profile as it was created only recently and there have only been 3 post hence the impression was that you were hijacking this excellent thread

I didn't come here to hijack the thread at all, I think this is an excellent thread, I have read through this whole thread, and even the Russian thread, as I feel this is an excellent program and modification, hence the post on my website, to make this more known.

I get well over 10,000 hits a day on my website from all over the globe, mostly from Ford users. Not plugging my website at all, not what I'm here for.

I didn't come here to hijack the thread at all, I think this is an excellent thread, I have read through this whole thread, and even the Russian thread, as I feel this is an excellent program and modification, hence the post on my website, to make this more known.

I get well over 10,000 hits a day on my website from all over the globe, mostly from Ford users. Not plugging my website at all, not what I'm here for.

But surely you can see that's exactly what it looks like your here for?

• Like 1

You could of simply added any new information just like all the other great people out there who have continued to help people on this thread , when people have found good information or better ways of doing things to the ELM or the three programs that are used they simply add to this thread , what they don't do is create their own thread and link to it .

As this is Fordownersclub.com we don't expect members to link people away from our guides.

I agree Preee.

In terms of constructive critisism, the guide is getting slowly out of date, but it still works to get people up to speed.

However, if I get time, I will try and update it. Once done, I'll post it here, and let preee judge whether to add it to Post number 1. It's his guide, and i for one wouldn't have known where to start with accessing MS-CAN without his guide. Which I found on the website HE chose to post on,

What I won't do, is post it to my own SEO'd website, display a clear obsession with visitor numbers, try and sell cables that can be modded for less than a £2 maplin receipt, and then deny all knowledge of my crassness, stupidity and rudeness when questioned on it.

If you really didn't mean to 'steal' why didn't you just to what is customary - quote a selected paragraph or 2, and link to this thread?

http://www.tinyurl.com/focuselm

(And yes, I'm aware deep-linking is potentially frowned upon, but at least it would show you've made an effort)

• Like 2

hello
I'm French with a 136hp ford kuga 2.0 tdci 2008.
I use elm327 and elmconfig Version 0.2.5
Writing from an error in BCM I have 3 fault codes that appears:

http://www.forum-kuga.com/viewtopic.php?p=57580&sid=af41701eff95a17e7a0013c5dc13852c

Erasing Possible but reappears automatically
What do you think??

Thank you for your possible solution

looks like you have a couple of comms errors, however if you start a thread in the Kuga section, with an appropriate description and all error codes, then we can help you further as we do not want to derail this conversation.

ok thanks you

well finally connected ford fds2 programme to my car this morning high speed connection ok but when i connect with medium speed i get a error on dash display saying engine malfunction and a warning buzzer going off any idear what the problem could be.

sounds like you might have wired it the wrong way, I had a similar issue recently using a generic bluetooth reader, as I start the car, the error occurs, remove the OBDII adapter and it was fine...