Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Hi Michael

I was not aware that elmconfig would work on the mk3 ????

Jamie

Oh cr*p, a didn't know you're talkin' about MK3 :). ELMconfig and MK3 works not, of course. But on MK2/2.5 works fine.

Sorry for confusion. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Michael

you should go to specsavers :ph34r::ph34r:

I did :-) :P B)

Jamie :-) :D

Lol is there anyway to upgrade the pcm software yet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

On the MK2/MK2.5 ELMconfig has the ability to update the PCM firmware. You only need an ELM327 interface which supports a Baudrate of 115200 or higher (preferable 500000) and a suitable firmware file for your PCM/engine type.

Suitable elm cable i have i think. Where can i find the files? Google aint helpfull for once.

Most of the latest PCM firmware files can be downloaded from the following website:

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

Note that the firmware update procedure can cause problems on some firmware versions of the 1.8 TDCI. In some cases it may occur that the car will not start after the firmware update. If this happens it is necessary to perform the PATS pairing/PATS initialization procedure with a suitable diagnostic interface (Ford IDS or FoCom for example). As far as I know this only happens on some firmware versions of the 1.8 TDCI.

I have downloaded the ford ids system just incase. Has anyone succesfully done this before i go ahead with this?

Just so you know, IDS will not work, unless you have the VCM adapter, you cannot use an elm cable with IDS....

Ok is there one where you can use the elm cable?

you might get away with Formidable, but thats it, with ELMConfig its the modified cable, but UCDS and IDS are both paid for apps with special cables and are the only two pieces of software I know of that will recode the PATS system, you wont find free software that will use the ELM cable to do this, I can guarantee you that much.

Ah fair enough then i will stick to upgrading the hec and i will leave the pcm for a dealer to do lol. Thanks for your help though mate its much appreciated.

No worries, just be wary that the computer you use should be of modern and good spec, if you are running off a slow / virtual PC, then it can stop you writing to the cluster.

I found a program like ELMCONFIG but that works (FOR NOW) only on Focus MK3

Its name is FOCCCUS and it's developed by a user of the same russian forum as elmconfig.

Here: http://ford.xtlt.ru/

You will find two links:

"AS built" is a utility to download (edit and save to file) the AS BUILT CONFIGURATION of your car from ETIS.

"FOCCCUS" is a promising software that allow you to change your current BCM and IPC configurations, with some addional and interesting tools. (like Elmconfig)

I looked for that on this forum but found nothing about adn wanted to start a new topic, but I'm not allowed to do it. So I posted here.

If anyone with higher privileges want to start a topic dedicated to FoCCCus is free to do it and let me know :)

Here's my same topic (with screenshots) on our italian (Ford Focus Mk3) forum: http://fordfocus.forumcommunity.net/?t=56029113

Thanks for the link to this latest software for the MK3, just activated powerfold mirrors, puddle lights and auto door lock on my 2012 Zetec S.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi dudes

If we can now access the mk3 focus with an elm327 is there a program for the mk7 fiesta

Surely someone has created one ?

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think about the automatic transmission parameterer?¿?¿

My car by manual shifting, but when i change the parameter to sport mode i feel more power.

There are 3 modes:

- Sport (More power than economy mode)

- Adaptative (In progress)

- Economy (tested, more sweet for drive)

Next to the shifting behaviour of the automatic gearbox the automatic transmission settings also affects the throttle response of the engine.

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 the throttle pedal is connected directly to the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster converts the resistance signal of the throttle pedal to a CANbus signal which is distributed to the PCM. Depending on the selected settings the instrument cluster softwarematically changes the throttle response.

On a manual shifted car the automatic transmission settings does also affect the throttle response. Changing the automatic gearbox settings on a manual shifted car is a known trick to make the car feel a little more powerfull.

Hi JW1982, Perfect explanation.

So, what king of autotransmission do you recommend?

There is so difference about fuel consumption between economic and sport & Adaptavive?

Thanks.

the "Adaptive" setting should be selected as standard. With this setting the throttle response is being adjusted to driving conditions, driving style, etcetera. If you want to make the car feel a little bit quicker you can select the "Sport" setting. Selecting the "Economic" setting will make the car feel a little bit slower.

There may be a little difference in fuel economy between these settings but in my opinion this is hardly noticeable. I selected the "Sport" setting about 2 years ago and in my opinion this is the best setting.

Wonderful !!

I'm testing adaptative mode right now, but i have tested economy and sport.

So far y feel better with sport mode. According with your explanation, i think the best one is sport mode...

I'll report my conclusion. THX!!!

Hello, i did a Static regeneration with ForScan on my Focus MK2 2.0L TDCI. Is it mandatory to do a complete oil change now?

I've checked oil level it seems normal, but i'm not sure there is not a contamination of gasoil with oil during static regeneration. What do you think?

I don't think you need to change oil after a static regeneration of the FAP...

The oil only gets contaminated when you abort several regeneration attempts! Only when you abort the regeneration (stop the engine during a regeneration) you will have diesel from the post injection in the cylinder that will go down to the sump.

As far as I understand a static regeneration will have the same results as a complete dynamic regeneration.

Hello nuno, yes a static regen is 10 min at 3000rpm it should increase temperature of exhaust to burn particule. Its almost the same that happen during dynamic regen (from what i've read).

The big difference is that there is much more gasoil used during the process, hence there is some unburned gasoil that can pass into the oil. That's the reason why all the dealers do it after static regen.

I ask here because i've read some comments that were saying Pro garages did a complete oil change after static regen.

Like here:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/dpf-again_topic9262_post85937_SID5017534f9zc54c63z1zdc772719e74309722222.html#85937

My last oil change was at 50000km and my focus has now 70000km. Maybe its the time to do it anyway?

Does anybody know if with ELM327 we can do something with de EGR?