Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Rear Wiper Not Working

Rachelm

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and need help with my problem. My rear wiper is not working at all, so i got a new one and that made no difference. I have checked the wiring for continuity and that is ok, fuses are all ok but can't find the problem. Is it possible that the multi function switch could be at fault?, as i don't want to buy one if it isn't. Any help would be most welcome.

Rachel

If you have checked the fuse , have you checked that you have power to the motor ? , it may be either broken cable , switch or motor has failed.

Hi enthusiast, i have checked the wiring and it is ok. I bought another wiper motor thinking it may be that, but even the new one does not work. This is all leading up to the wiper switch being faulty, but wasn't sure hence the reason for posting.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi rachel

have you got a voltage multimeter ?

If so first check you have power to the motor.

If no power then it does look like it could be the switch

Regards

Preee (enthusiast) :)

Hi Rachelm. My rear wiper often refuses to work on my Fiesta, a common problem seems to be a poor earth connection via the hinges. You can clean them up, (that's all I ever do) but a more permanent repair is to add an additional earth link from the rear hatch to the body of the car. Hope this helps.

Hi Rachelm. My rear wiper often refuses to work on my Fiesta, a common problem seems to be a poor earth connection via the hinges. You can clean them up, (that's all I ever do) but a more permanent repair is to add an additional earth link from the rear hatch to the body of the car. Hope this helps.

Hi Chas, thanks for the reply. That was what someone else mentioned over the phone to me at the weekend. i will check it out over the coming weekend by running a piece of with from the motor earth down to the latching mechanism to see if the wiper works.

Rachel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club