Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg Concern?

Chris Mangan

Hi I'm a newbie! Recently purchased a 2005 mondeo tdci 2.0 l 130. I was expecting to be getting fairly good consumption from it, but I have never got above 38.5 mpg even on a motorway run

The car has covered 140k miles so it's high. Do you think that this is causing the low consumption? I'm sure I should be getting more out of it right? Any common problems with these that affect the consumption?

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome, That consumtion is low if its genuine consumption and not just of the computer, have you checked it with a brim to brim filling, town work soon pulls the consumtion down, I was mainly doinf motor way mile last week and the mpg was about 48 did about 850 mile this week not been out of town and the average has dropped to 40 thats in less than 80 mile so trip mileage is now 940 and the mpg is 39.8

Thanks mragmatix. Well I'm getting around 340-350 miles out of a full tank of diesel, so does that give you more of an idea? I do usually do short trips to be fair.

Thanks mragmatix. Well I'm getting around 340-350 miles out of a full tank of diesel, so does that give you more of an idea? I do usually do short trips to be fair.

Short trips that will be about right approx what I get on short runs

I will add this if its any help, i have recently bought a mondeo 2.0 tdci and the trip computer was showing about 34 mpg on the way home. Next day i cleaned the EGR valve and the trip computer is now showing around 46 mpg so it may be worth cleaning your EGR valve as mine was pretty caked and it has only covered 77k.

Have a look on Fordwiki. There's a how to on EGR valve cleaning on there in the Mondeo section. Plus a tonne of other useful stuff.

I can't post a link because the admin don't allow it so just www it and co.uk the rest. ;)

Remove iam affraid. Just take your time so you dont lose any parts but it is easy to be honest.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club