Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Fiesta Aircon

wimiu012uk

Just put aircon on today for first time in quite a while and noticed that the revs on engine don't rise anymore and the aircon does not seem to be working ???

Checked fuse and is o.k, also the switch light is comming on as if aircon should be working.

Does anyone know if it may require a recharge and if it did would this make the system stop working, i.e revs no longer rising etc.

Any help/pointers as to the problem will be appreciated.

If the refrigerant is low the air con wont kick in. It probably needs re-gassing, but if it has been topped up recently, you may have a leak. If you havent been running it over the winter, the seals may have gone or the compressor has seized. The latter being the problem with my wifes SportKA. I did tell her to use it for half an hour each month, but would she listen.

+1

If the gas is low the pump will not start.

It protects the system from overheating.

Definitely get the system pressure checked and regassed, when they top it up they add a lubricant that reconditions the seals and pump.

Thanks for the quick answers, I will have it regassed as soon as I can and hope this cures the problem.

I will post and let you know.

p.s roughly how much would you expect to pay for 'regassing'

Thanks for the quick answers, I will have it regassed as soon as I can and hope this cures the problem.

I will post and let you know.

p.s roughly how much would you expect to pay for 'regassing'

kwikfit do it from £49 but it might be worth ringing your dealer to see how much they charge

I paid £45 on my Mk1 at my preferred garage about a year ago.

Just to let you know, had system recharged and de-bugged ? at Kwick Fit for £69 and everything is working like new.

Thanks for the quick replys.

Glad you got it sorted with no mechanical faults. :)

Debugging (as you put it) is where they clean the vent system to remove bacteria and any other stuff that can cause air contamination.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club