Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carbon Mirror Covers

Bigdaddycain

I was rummaging about in the garage today when i happened to find a decent sized left over strip of 3M Di-noc carbon film... So i whizzed off the mirror covers and chucked a bit on each one... (that saved me the job of re-painting them because of 180,000 miles worth of stonechips)

My car is Sea grey, and the carbon works pretty well with that colour i think! B)

DSC00248-1.jpg

Not all my efforts worked out as planned today though... I replaced my LED number plate bulbs for a single 30cm LED strip... What a complete fail! :D

Oh yeah... it really lights up the plate nicely! :wacko:

DSC00253.jpg

I guess i'll re-position the strip a few mm's further forward and see how that works out.... Play me off keyboard cat!

Wah Wah Wah Wahhh. :P

Nice go on the carbon though. ;)

Cheers clive... I did a double take and started laughing when i switched the lights on and saw just how dark the plate was i must admit! Oh well... nothing ventured and all that eh bud? :D

ide stick to the LED Bulbs those strips brake easily with the vibration all ready tried that one LED Bulbs are brighter myliteco on eBay do good ones and they last.

lovely job on the mirrors

Cheers clive... I did a double take and started laughing when i switched the lights on and saw just how dark the plate was i must admit! Oh well... nothing ventured and all that eh bud? :D

Indeedeedoo. ;)

ide stick to the led bulbs those strips brake easily with the vibration all ready tried that one led bulbs are brighter myliteco on ebay do good ones and they last.

lovely job on the mirrors

Cheers mate... Point taken regarding the fragility of the strips, they don't like being bent or turning corners that's for sure! I'll have one more pop at re-positioning the strip i think, then i'll return to the LED Bulbs methinks... I just quite fancied a solid strip of light rather than the more usual twin peaks, if you know what i mean?

• 2 months later...

I like the mirrors mate, I did my spoiler and a few pieces over the weekend and was thinking of putting carbon on my mirrors also think it would look cool with the silver car, what do ya think?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club