Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cima

2001 Ka - Oil Leak Around Valve Cover Gasket

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2001 Ka with 70.000 km.

Besides a noisy power steering, the car has an oil leak all around the valve cover gasket. I still can't see the exact location of the leak, but I suspect it's around the 4 TORX screws that keep the cover in place.

The leak is not real bad, but I don't like seeing oil flooding the spark plugs.

Is this kind of leak normal at such a "low" mileage? I heard this engine (Endura) was pretty bad with oil leaks and also needed constant refills.

I would probably change the gasket myself, but the car is Methane powered and it has the entire injection system fixed right above the valve cover and I don't feel like messing with it. It takes MANY labor hours to remove it (150/200 EUR just for labor... .and EUR 2 for the gasket!). Is there a way to limit the leak without changing it? Maybe tightening the TORX screws? Hi-temp silicone all around the head gasket?

Thanks