Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is...

SOrchard

What is behind the AV/USB blanking plate on the Mk7? Is there a socket on the back like an audio or USB extension cable or is it a clip in cable connector?

Also, I noticed the other day after having the car for two years that in the fascia behind the left switch gearand obscured from the drivers seat by the steering wheel are a series of slots, any idea what these are for? I tried putting a pound coin in one in case they are coin slots, but it didn't go. It's not important, I'm just curious.

What is behind the AV/USB blanking plate on the Mk7? Is there a socket on the back like an audio or USB extension cable or is it a clip in cable connector?

Multipin connector to loom

Also, I noticed the other day after having the car for two years that in the fascia behind the left switch gearand obscured from the drivers seat by the steering wheel are a series of slots, any idea what these are for? I tried putting a pound coin in one in case they are coin slots, but it didn't go. It's not important, I'm just curious.

Ventilation for the in-car-temp-sensor, for the EATC (if you have climate)

:)

Just be able to see the gearstick unless you actually have AUX/USB

imag0158un.jpg

The slots infront of the gearstick are card holders - great for multistory carparks or petrol stations where you have to drive upto the pay booth.

They're replaced by buttons if you have front parking sensors or ESP.

Cheers orcomma, I suspected that was what was behind the plate, but I had no idea what the vent slots were for :)

Coysht, I don't have the card slots as I have the ESP button, but the slots in question are further over and up, you can't see them normally, but if you look behind the left stalk then you can see them.

iNath, ta for the picture, I've got the AUX port, but not the USB one. I was wondering what's behind it to see if I could run the USB from my Parrot to it. Looks like the USB will just have to stay in the secret hole.

Could run the cable to it if you wanted to, not sure how you could fix it in place though.

The slots infront of the gearstick are card holders - great for multistory carparks or petrol stations where you have to drive upto the pay booth.

They're replaced by buttons if you have front parking sensors or ESP.

are u sure i put 50p in there and it fell in lol