Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Ford Focus Rear Boot Leak

Al 56

Hi To All

As i am new to this, correct me if i go about this the wrong way. My car has been back to my Ford dealer 7 times with a water leak to the boot, having had the motor trimmers have the car for 2 weeks and all the mechanics look at it yet no one can find where the leaks are coming from. The carpet has been replaced in the boot 2 times and now i have to wait for 6 weeks till some guy comes back from holidays to see if he can find the problem. Has anyone else got any idea as to where i should go to next to get something done. Regards Al 56

first port of call is the plastic trim that covers the spoiler bolts inside the boot top of the window middle trim theres a few things that can cause this

1.the spoiler seals are shot and need replaced best to use silicone as well.

2.the 3rd brake light seal has gone again allowing water in which then goes down the spoiler bolt seals.

3.rear window isnt bonded properly with the above panel off lightly push against the glass any unbonded areas will show up.

4.side quarter panel window has a faulty bond.

5.the rear light drain channels are blocked causing water to waterlog the rear of the lights and drip into the boot.remove rear lights and clean out the drain channel use silicone on the lights locating holes on the body and refit.

6.faulty boot seal to check put some car polish on the rubber all the way round and close the boot if it seals the polish will be smudged.

all these are common yet ford rarely check

Most likely the seals on the rear spoiler or the window seal at the top of the wondow where its bonded to the under side of the rear spoiler,

ive siliconed under mine as a precaution, because its a known fault on all mk2 and mk2.5 hatch backs

arthur has given the best run down in the post above, but i just thought id second the advise he has given mate.