Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Not.gotta.clue

Airbag On Constant But Not Always ? 2004 Cmax

4 posts in this topic

Hi any ideas my air bag light is on constant, don't get any flashing I start the car and about 7 seconds after started the airbag light comes on, was off for few days then wile driving today it came back on, I read someone saying bout dodgie wires but I'm not sure what wires to be checking, any help would be appreciated

Update; believe this is being caused from the wire under driver chair that connect to the seatbelt restraint if I wiggle it and push the clip it goes off after turning ignition on and off,.

Nail on the head i reckon, the cable's loose on the pre-tensioner connector then.

If you're going to repair it yourself i recommend disconnecting the battery and leaving for about 30 minutes for static to discharge or you run the risk of setting off the tensioners and airbags.

A common fault on many cars.

Unplug and then reconnect the plug under the seat. Then stick a small cable tie around the plug and pull it tight to stop it working loose again.