Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Or Chain Belt

richardc316

Hi guys, I'm in the process of buying a mondeo and i'm not sure if its a chain belt or not? Can anyone help?

It's a 2000 (W), LX, A/C 2.0 Petrol Hatchback.

It's only done 50,000 miles, but it is nearly 12 years old.

Does anyone know if it would be chain? and either way, when it will need changing.

Thanks

It's a belt on that one.

If you have no evidence of it being done and the car is now 12 years old I would suggest it's worth getting it done. On mileage it's OK but it should have had a couple of belts by now based on age.

Mine's a 2001 2.0 zetec(Duratec HE engine) and I was told it was a chain? That's worrying if it's a belt as I have loads of history and no mention of a belt being done. Car has done 112k

Mine's a 2001 2.0 zetec(Duratec HE engine) and I was told it was a chain? That's worrying if it's a belt as I have loads of history and no mention of a belt being done. Car has done 112k

Duratec's of your age are chain

Cool,thanks for clarifying that

Your's is new shape - His is old shape. You have a chain - He has a belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I've got it changed now and it only cost me £140! I actually work for a Ford main dealer and even with my staff discount it would have cost me nearly double that.

I doubt you could get it done much cheaper if you did it yourself. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club