Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Auto Window Opens On Ignition Switch On ?

webbery895

Hi - when switching on the ignition on my 2004 Mondeo ".0 TDCI the drivers window opens and cannot get it to shut via the switch - it only shuts via the key fob when holding for 2 sec when locking doors. Thought the switch was faulty but still happens when switch disconnected. Had to remove wiring plug from the window regulator motor to stop it happening. Any idea's ??

Have you tried reprogramming the one touch opening. It may solve the problem.

Cant remember the process exactly, but it was something like open window fully, then close window fully and hold for a few seconds. Then close further for a few seconds. Then move to the next window switch and so on. There should be a guide in the handbook.

Good luck

Ive had issues with the electric window (drivers side) sticking for no apparent reason. Wasnt even freezing weather. It did sort itself out and has now been fine for a few weeks, but been told its a common problem.

Cant remember the process exactly, but it was something like open window fully, then close window fully and hold for a few seconds. Then close further for a few seconds. Then move to the next window switch and so on. There should be a guide in the handbook.

Good luck

xx

Good luck

When I reconnected the connector to the window regulator it re-programmed OK the a day later whilst driving the window went down again of its own accord ??? Now cant re-program the regulator. A friend of mine says its pointing to a faulty regulator/motor. Had to change it last year due to cable rusting - been in touch with supplier and he has agreed to replace it - thats going to be my first step. Cheers

check wire/s in door gaitor

Checked them already and all seems OK - replaced window regulator + mech last Aug - supplier has agreed to change it free of charge as it is looking like the culprit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club